Author Topic: Anyone know what this guy is talkin about?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
Anyone know what this guy is talkin about?
« on: Jul 31 2010 - 06:25PM »
First of all, I didn't really know exactly what section this should go in, so I hope this is okay. And wow, it's been a while since I've been on here. Hi everyone! :)

I was on Facebook and I came across a status update this one guy just posted.

"I visited the true real location of the Bachelor’s Grove’s Vanishing House & the location of the heart shaped Sacrificial Altar of old man Bachelder & his Pulpit and his secret occult locations today. Has anyone else been there? Not Bachelor's Grove Cemetery or the woods but the other locations across the street deep within the woods?"
and then.. "the heart shaped sacrificial alter and the stones around it are a bit scary as well as the feeling of being watched from ghosts or something. My curiosity might get me killed...it's supposed to be a very secret location for Druids."

I took him to the cemetery for his first time not too long ago. I've stopped talking to him for somewhat personal reasons since then (all for the better) so I'd rather not ask him about it. He didn't seem to really know anything about Bachelor's Grove at all when I brought him there, he only heard of it. I vaguely remember people talking about the woods across the street, but not much else. I don't think I've heard anything about heart shaped sacrificial alters in particular..

I'm just really curious as to what he's talking about, and how much you guys may know about this. I didn't have any luck trying to find information about it. :/
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
Re: Anyone know what this guy is talkin about?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31 2010 - 07:07PM »
Sorry for double posting. But apparently he decided to send me a message about it.. he wants to know what I think. All I want to know is where he's getting his information from.

"Not Bachelors Grove Cemetery or Bachelors Grove Woods it's across the street from it within Tinley park Woods...two mile past Rubio Woods it's part of old man Bachelder and his occult 1,000 acres formerly known as Bachelder Estates...this i...s the true story of why Bachelor's Grove Cemetery became famous and very few know of it. I heard old man Bachelder killed and sacrificed many children in the late 1800's and they burned him in his house..."which is the house" that appears and disappears followed with blue orbs and a blue ghostly figure....which I guess is supposed to be him. I sensed a weird spooky feeling. Lots of area to discover but not too many people know of this."

He's also saying that the history of Bachelor's Grove on the website is just a cover-up story.

But after this last part he added, I realized it's similar to what one of my friends said a long time ago. Something about sacrificing children and burning the house and whatnot..

I just don't know what to make of it. I know I used to want to think that all this crazy stuff happened there back in the day, but at some point I accepted that that doesn't have to be the case. And unless I've been horribly misinformed, I really don't know what this guy is talking about.. I just want to get the facts straight. I want to know if  there is any validity in what he's been rambling about.

After me questioning where he got this information from, he said:

"My friend Rob found a druid talisman from a high priest many years ago and gave it to a druid who had a shop called rocket 69 somewhere near the alley in chicago...it's a long story but it got him involved with a secret occult. I am scared to tell u more. I told Rob about you and said you would be very interested about this. but I don't know if he would bring u to the locations he shown me today...I'm kinda of scared to go back. seriously not much scares me"

I don't know what to think.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31 2010 - 08:42PM »
Hummmm, sounds like he's either a drug user or has talked to Rick the guy with the brain disorder that hangs out at the grove almost every day.  Rick has told that story to me to, but it's 100% made up in his head.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05 2010 - 11:24PM »
Yeah I'm calling bull on this one. I mean come on that's the plot right out of the original A Nightmare on Elm Street.

"Old Man Bachelder?" That nickname just sounds made up. And the murders of numerous children don't just go forgotten/undocumented like that.

I wouldn't go if they offer to take you, SYH.
« Last Edit: Aug 05 2010 - 11:38PM by MarkMc1990 »
-Mark

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06 2010 - 08:01PM »
It would be interesting to see, though, if the "altar" really was there. 

Offline musicmomma23

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23 2010 - 08:21PM »
I have been studying about bachelors grove for years and years. Not going to investigate, unfortunatley I have not yet been able to afford that trip. I am, however obsessed with bachelors grove and I actually have heard this variation of events before. Not involving children. murders, but yes the fire and the story is about " the bachelders" Family  home. I do actually have intentions to also poke around in the "woods across the way" as he called it, because I have like I said heard of this before and I want to see what i can find, Ruins, slabs of concrete, possible more headstones, apparitions,evp's and the like. There are other stories of legend too, but i have run across this story and other variations before.

Offline veganrichy

• Ghost Hunter
  • It's funny!
    • my myspace page
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07 2010 - 10:02PM »
Sorry for double posting. But apparently he decided to send me a message about it.. he wants to know what I think. All I want to know is where he's getting his information from.

"Not Bachelors Grove Cemetery or Bachelors Grove Woods it's across the street from it within Tinley park Woods...two mile past Rubio Woods it's part of old man Bachelder and his occult 1,000 acres formerly known as Bachelder Estates...this i...s the true story of why Bachelor's Grove Cemetery became famous and very few know of it. I heard old man Bachelder killed and sacrificed many children in the late 1800's and they burned him in his house..."which is the house" that appears and disappears followed with blue orbs and a blue ghostly figure....which I guess is supposed to be him. I sensed a weird spooky feeling. Lots of area to discover but not too many people know of this."

He's also saying that the history of Bachelor's Grove on the website is just a cover-up story.

But after this last part he added, I realized it's similar to what one of my friends said a long time ago. Something about sacrificing children and burning the house and whatnot..

I just don't know what to make of it. I know I used to want to think that all this crazy stuff happened there back in the day, but at some point I accepted that that doesn't have to be the case. And unless I've been horribly misinformed, I really don't know what this guy is talking about.. I just want to get the facts straight. I want to know if  there is any validity in what he's been rambling about.

After me questioning where he got this information from, he said:

"My friend Rob found a druid talisman from a high priest many years ago and gave it to a druid who had a shop called rocket 69 somewhere near the alley in chicago...it's a long story but it got him involved with a secret occult. I am scared to tell u more. I told Rob about you and said you would be very interested about this. but I don't know if he would bring u to the locations he shown me today...I'm kinda of scared to go back. seriously not much scares me"

I don't know what to think.

If it is Rick (like Ghost1 said,) he told my friends and I that there were mutilated babies/women having abortions in the cemetery and the police would dig them up. He also told me that his mom (or grandmother) housed capone one time? I don't know -- I found all of that to be quite odd.
Hey there one in a million