Author Topic: Ghost appears in two photos  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Ghost appears in two photos
« on: Aug 17 2010 - 02:42PM »
Mystery as 'ghost' appears in two photos from Edinburgh tours

The shadowy woman has now shown up in the photographs of two tourists following visits to Mary King's Close.

Bosses at Mary King’s Close say the blond haired woman who appeared in images from two different tours was definitely not a customer.

Both photos appear to show one person more than expected and staff believe that on close inspection, the ghostly figure appears to be the same woman.

Staff were first alerted to their unexpected visitor last October, when a member of the public queried their souvenir photograph. A few weeks later, the same thing happened with a different tourist, and staff say they have been trying to figure out what is going on ever since.

They have now introduced later night tours for the month of August in a bid to get to the bottom of the mystery. And they have asked anyone who sees a strange apparition in their pictures to allow them to be examined.

Lisa Robshaw, spokesperson for The Real Mary King’s Close, said: “We hope that by extending the hours of opening we can get to the bottom of this mystery.

“We’ve long been associated with supernatural and unexplained stories. We’ve had sightings of dark shadowy figures who lurk in the myriad of passageways, rooms and corners of the Closes, and reports of lots of strange noises – these images seem to give us even more evidence.

“By running tours late in to the night with the last one finishing at midnight, we hope that this might make the ghostly image reappear. “

Ms Robshaw insisted the images had not been doctored by staff, adding: “We have spent a long time studying these photographs and cannot come to a satisfactory conclusion.  In both these images there appears to be a blurry ghostly image of a blond haired lady which we cannot explain, and we hope that by making the images public that someone might be able to help.

“If there are people in the images who can explain who the lady is we would love to hear from them.  We’ve tested the static camera that we use and it appears to be working normally so we really do not have an explanation.  We just want to try and understand what has happened.”

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/187997-mystery-as-ghost-appears-in-two-photos-from-edinburgh-tours/
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Ghost appears in two photos
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17 2010 - 07:43PM »
From that image I can't really tell anything at all about the alleged ghost. 

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18 2010 - 10:25PM »
I saw this linked, I think on the Coast to Coast am site. 

I think there might be something to this one perhaps. Who knows for sure?

Perhaps she just likes the tours. 

Its funny how they say they have had stuff happen before, but yet they wonder why this happened? "Even more evidence."  They know better.   :)

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19 2010 - 05:39AM »
I like these types of shots of jumping in with the group....there is another famous photo-incident with a group of airmen from, I believe WWII, where an image appeared (also standing in the back of the group) of a former airman who was killed a few days before the group photo was snapped. I think they know they are dead, but still want to be part of life here and its routines etc.
« Last Edit: Aug 21 2010 - 09:08PM by ixex »
DARMAR

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19 2010 - 03:06PM »
Here is the pic you are talking about. 

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20 2010 - 12:12PM »
I don't think the airman's picture is legit. Look at where he is standing and how everybody else appears to be packed in. Now imagine that space empty. I think it would be a bit odd that such a big space was left empty when everybody else appears to be packed in. Probably the picture was taken before he was killed and not developed, or printed,  for a while. Hazy or drunken memories can confuse dates. Especially if they happened close together. The picture might have been taken the day before he was killed. With air raids, drinking to dead fellow pilots the photo may not have been on the front burner of being processed. When it was processed the dead pilot was there.

I think the picture is more WW1 vintage. I remember seeing this photo on a TV program like Haunted History.
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16 2011 - 12:27PM »
This is yet another thread on this site WITHOUT A PICTURE!! There is the usual square with a red X through it!

I have already explained this to you last time you complained, that we had a site crash and some picture's where lost.....It's completely out of our hands, nothing we can do about it at all. 

**EDIT** After looking through your posts yesterday I see you complained about no picture in 4 post's????   MUST I EXPLAIN IT AGAIN?    The site had a bad boo boo, pictures went bye bye..... All gone!

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?action=announcement;aid=2
« Last Edit: Oct 16 2011 - 12:34PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.