Author Topic: Are Ghost Hunters Fake?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
Are Ghost Hunters Fake?
« on: Aug 23 2010 - 07:50PM »
Are Ghost Hunters Fake?
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 05:54PM by Tenbears »

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Most, if not all, of the TV ghost shows are faked/dramatized.

It's simply a matter of ghost hunting being such a random and spot-and-go event that it's not possible to build a whole season of shows on finding evidence time and time and time again.

Now, if they were smart, these people would have done compilations instead of episodes. For example, take weekend trips to the Grove, every weekend for a month, or two months... Take the pictures and videos from there, compile them into an hour-long show, and there you have your episode. And these shouldn't be series with seasons. They should have been specials. Once every three months or so, a new episode shows. One with a compilation of the Grove, another with a compilation of Congress Theater, etc.

That would have been far more believing.
Loading Signature...

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
I have actually stopped watching the show because too much of it seems faked.  I only remember a few spefics that I didn't like before I stopped watching.  First the whole Meatloaf episode seemed  bogus to me.  Second there was one where, I think it was Jason, got scratches on the back of his leg; only problem with this was that his whole body was showing except this one leg that was behind a box where anyone could have scratched it.  Last one I remember, before I stopped watching, a stoller moved across the floor; once again the whole stroller was not in scene and you could not see the bottom of it. 

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
very well said, a well expressed, educated opinion.  
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 05:52PM by Tenbears »

Offline rainbearnorth

• Mere Mortal
Re: Are Ghost Hunters Fake?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17 2011 - 03:20AM »
I am somewhat put off by the ghost hunter type tv shows. Highly dramatic and theatrical, not really showing anything. Not to mention a lucrative industry that has sprung up around them, the pressure must be very high to "find" something...Success is it's own failure sometimes.
Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17 2011 - 09:30AM »
I am somewhat put off by the ghost hunter type tv shows. Highly dramatic and theatrical, not really showing anything. Not to mention a lucrative industry that has sprung up around them, the pressure must be very high to "find" something...Success is it's own failure sometimes.

So am I, they put real Ghost hunters, or Ghost researchers as I call myself in a bad light.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17 2011 - 10:21AM »
No, I haven't investigated with the TV people but I have investigated several "haunted" spots. I have talked to people that have gone with them. Yes, if you have the bucks you can hunt with them. What you see is a compilation of a weeks worth of investigation. When you see a "guest" hunter it may be someone that accompanied them, on that trip, that happened to catch something. Also, somewhere in the credits usually is a disclaimer that they have the right to recreate something that was not caught at the time.

Saturday night I was investigating with a group on the North side of Chicago. Only 2 things happened that I was a part of. One was an EVP. One of the investigators was eating a Rice Krispie Treat. I told what ever spirit that was present that if they were hungry, grab a bite of the Rice Krispie Treat. On the recording I hear a female voice say, "Ooooh, Rice Kirspies." The second thing that happened was with a mini-mag flashlight. It was my flashlight. I set it so it would a slight touch would turn it on and off. The entity was able to turn it on and off. Unfortunately, I didn't have my video camera running at the time. Will I say it was ghosts? No, I'll just say its something I can't explain right now.

Now to answer your question, "Are Ghost Hunters Fake?" In the beginning I would say the TAPS group was not faked. Now that it is a popular TV program, there may be some recreations but not totally fake. I find it interesting that in the beginning they debunked more than called "paranormal" or "haunted".

Now, Zak and company, IMO are full of $hit. Emphasis on the dollar sign. It seems like Zak is attacked by entities and demons on every program.

Ryan and company. I've read some stories that they have not presented their cases properly. Some of the people that his group has "help" came out and said they misrepresented some of the facts. I also believed they used ex TAPS members as paranormal victim that claimed no knowledge of the paranormal.
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17 2011 - 10:28AM »
Now, Zak and company, IMO are full of $hit. Emphasis on the dollar sign. It seems like Zak is attacked by entities and demons on every program.

Zak .... or as i call him "Fancy Pants" is by far is the funniest, they hear a noise and scream and run.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.