Discussions > Paranormal News

Are Ghost Hunters Fake?

(1/2) > >>

Tenbears:
Are Ghost Hunters Fake?

Exzyle2k:
Most, if not all, of the TV ghost shows are faked/dramatized.

It's simply a matter of ghost hunting being such a random and spot-and-go event that it's not possible to build a whole season of shows on finding evidence time and time and time again.

Now, if they were smart, these people would have done compilations instead of episodes. For example, take weekend trips to the Grove, every weekend for a month, or two months... Take the pictures and videos from there, compile them into an hour-long show, and there you have your episode. And these shouldn't be series with seasons. They should have been specials. Once every three months or so, a new episode shows. One with a compilation of the Grove, another with a compilation of Congress Theater, etc.

That would have been far more believing.

bodhisattva:
I have actually stopped watching the show because too much of it seems faked.  I only remember a few spefics that I didn't like before I stopped watching.  First the whole Meatloaf episode seemed  bogus to me.  Second there was one where, I think it was Jason, got scratches on the back of his leg; only problem with this was that his whole body was showing except this one leg that was behind a box where anyone could have scratched it.  Last one I remember, before I stopped watching, a stoller moved across the floor; once again the whole stroller was not in scene and you could not see the bottom of it. 

Tenbears:
very well said, a well expressed, educated opinion.  

rainbearnorth:
I am somewhat put off by the ghost hunter type tv shows. Highly dramatic and theatrical, not really showing anything. Not to mention a lucrative industry that has sprung up around them, the pressure must be very high to "find" something...Success is it's own failure sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version