Author Topic: Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
This is pretty damn scary, because this is science fact and not science fiction!    ter

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

Aug 26 12:50 PM

Melbourne, Aug 26 (ANI): Astronomers are predicting that a massive solar storm, much bigger in potential than the one that caused spectacular light shows on Earth earlier this month, is to strike our planet in 2012 with a force of 100 million hydrogen bombs. Several US media outlets have reported that NASA was warning the massive flare this month was just a precursor to a massive solar storm building that had the potential to wipe out the entire planet's power grid.  Despite its rebuttal, NASA's been watching out for this storm since 2006 and reports from the US this week claim the storms could hit on that most Hollywood of disaster dates - 2012.  Similar storms back in 1859 and 1921 caused worldwide chaos, wiping out telegraph wires on a massive scale. The 2012 storm has the potential to be even more disruptive.  "The general consensus among general astronomers (and certainly solar astronomers) is that this coming Solar maximum (2012 but possibly later into 2013) will be the most violent in 100 years," News.com.au quoted astronomy lecturer and columnist Dave Reneke as saying. "A bold statement and one taken seriously by those it will affect most, namely airline companies, communications companies and anyone working with modern GPS systems. "They can even trip circuit breakers and knock out orbiting satellites, as has already been done this year," added Reneke. No one really knows what effect the 2012-2013 Solar Max will have on today's digital-reliant society.  Dr Richard Fisher, director of NASA's Heliophysics division, told Reneke the super storm would hit like "a bolt of lightning", causing catastrophic consequences for the world's health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken. NASA said that a recent report by the National Academy of Sciences found that if a similar storm occurred today, it could cause "1 to 2 trillion dollars in damages to society's high-tech infrastructure and require four to 10 years for complete recovery". The reason for the concern comes as the sun enters a phase known as Solar Cycle 24. Most experts agree, although those who put the date of Solar Max in 2012 are getting the most press. They claim satellites will be aged by 50 years, rendering GPS even more useless than ever, and the blast will have the equivalent energy of 100 million hydrogen bombs. "We know it is coming but we don't know how bad it is going to be," Fisher told Reneke. "Systems will just not work. The flares change the magnetic field on the Earth and it's rapid, just like a lightning bolt. That's the solar effect," he added.

The findings are published in the most recent issue of Australasian Science. (ANI)
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
Ghost1, I really enjoyed that
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 05:41PM by Tenbears »

Offline Wyrd Arcanum

• Mere Mortal
  • Justice may be blind . . . But I'm NOT.
This is pretty damn scary, because this is science fact and not science fiction!    ter

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

Aug 26 12:50 PM

I have also read of the solar storms, and what will most likely cause the sun to jump into a phase of activity unseen for approximately 24,000 years.

I subscribe to an Australian magazine by the name of "Cosmos". Quite often they have some very interesting material in their frequently emailed newsletters.  One such article I came across in this magazine had to do with a huge leap in cosmic radiation and its' cause.

It is said that at the heart of our galaxy is a supermassive black hole with the mass of millions, or perhaps billions of stars. Like most black holes, it emits xrays and cosmic radiation from its' north and south poles. If you visualize our galaxy as being like a "plate", you tip the galactic core on its side and what you will get is a band that crosses the galaxy. A band of supercharged photons (cosmic radiation), xrays and other interesting things. Recently, we entered this band of supercharged cosmic radiation. This was observable, especially when Sol started dancing a slow tango with increased solar storms.

There are others that theorize that every 12,000 years or so, we experience from the galactic core, a volley of cosmic radiation. That particular writer theorized that not all pulses of the cosmic radiation volley would hit us, but would most certainly make our own sun sit up and take notice, and perhaps answer in its own fashion.

Both scenarios are theoretical of course, but there is one fact that did catch my interest. At around 11'sih am on December 21st, 2012, both our world and our sun will rise in line directly with the exact center of the galactic core.

As an aside, I recently re-read some of the prophecies of Nostradamus, and one aspect he mentions is when we enter into the phase of "anti-light" - that is when things will truly become interesting. You could regard cosmic radiation emitted from a black hole to be a type of "anti-light", or so I would reason.

Regardless of standpoint, I think 2012 is going to be a rather intersting idea indeed.
« Last Edit: Oct 26 2010 - 10:56PM by Ghost1 »
Actions speak louder than words.
Remember, that one thoughtless action can destroy the value of a thousand words...
And . . . a lack of action can destroy the value of a million words...
So consider ye carefully the consequences of thine actions...
Or of thine inaction.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
I agree, now one knows what will happen...but it will sure make for a interesting time.    cho
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
Does it mean Sara gets elected President?  :a102:
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
I agree, now one knows what will happen...but it will sure make for a interesting time.    cho
Something is gonna happen and if it does it does
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline wetnyld

• Mere Mortal
Nuts to the theoretical scientists, we have been hit by these storms in recent times.  Luckily we didn't have electronics that could be fried.
about 150 years ago, when telegraphs ruled, they experienced massive disruptions system wide.  We now can figure that it was a solar storm that did it.  We survived.

About the galactic center thing, I think the Hitchhikers Guide has the answer.