Author Topic: Grave-yard ghost?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline parynoid

• Mere Mortal
Grave-yard ghost?
« on: Nov 19 2010 - 11:43PM »
Hi All!

First of all, I love your forum.  I've spent a good hour just reading and looking at pictures that are posted. The fact that everything is looked at and commented (nicely and critically) on is terrific!

I've been to Bachelor's Grove a few times in the past years. I never noticed anything "strange" in any of the pictures I took.  I think I'm going to have to dig them out now and look them over again after seeing some of the "not obvious" pictures others have posted. I just keep thinking to myself that I'm possibly missing something in them.

But right now I have a picture I want to post and get honest feedback on.  I've never found anything like this in any photo I've taken in a cemetery.  I'm  afraid that I'm matrixing and seeing something that isn't there.  I have shown this to two other people and they both saw what I did. 

I see what appears to be a man sitting on a bench.  I can make out his straw hat, the face (which is a different shade than the hat or body) and a dark body. His legs disappear. I can also, upon close inspection, see the bench through him.  I get a creepy feeling that he's watching me, too.

I
“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

Offline parynoid

• Mere Mortal
Re: Grave-yard ghost?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20 2010 - 12:00AM »
A little more information concerning the above post:

The first picture has the figure circled.  The second one is the unaltered, original picture.

It was taken around 3:30 pm. there was no one else present in the cemetery except for us. I was simply standing in one place and taking pictures as I slowly turned.  It is a simple point and click HP digital camera (which I have to duct tape the battery door closed as it pops open on its own. High tech, it ain't). 

I am planning on going back there tomorrow or Sunday and getting a closer view of the area so I can see if there is anything there at all that can explain it. It's probably a shadow and I'm just hoping it is something more =)

Please, I would love feedback on this particular picture.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20 2010 - 11:00PM »
I zoomed way in on this and enhanced it at various sizes.  However I don't see anything, I think it's just a trick of the eyes.

Here's is a major zoom of the spot in question.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline parynoid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21 2010 - 09:41AM »
Thank you!  :)  I thought that my husband and I were just "seeing" something that wasn't there, but he gets so excited that I needed a second opinion. You know how it is  :giggle2:

I am going to go back and see if there is a bush or something there because now it messes with my eyes every single time i look at it.  

I have a few more that I think I will post if anyone will look at them.
One is what appears to be a figure walking away or towards the edge of a little old graveyard I like to visit out in the middle of nowhere.  At first I thought "whatever, it's a bush" but you can see through it so now I'm second guessing myself (again).

This is kind of mine and my husband's weekend hobby - finding different old places and just taking pictures. I also do grave rubbings. It is morbid, or so I'm told - but I love it! I feel like I'm touching history.
« Last Edit: Nov 21 2010 - 09:44AM by parynoid »

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21 2010 - 02:49PM »
I know this is more my eyes and brain putting things together but its probably a monument with shading...

To the right of your "object" is a monument with a tree behind it. To the right of it is a dark tree with a forked tree next to it. To the left of the dark tree looks like a man (looks like he is wearing an overcoat) with his head down holding his hat in front of him. Kinda like he removed his hat to say a prayer.
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.