Author Topic: Planning to go as soon as it's above freezing. I don't want to go alone  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
  • no oiuja boards are allowed in my home period
    • my facebook
Hi there. I've been studying the paranormal for quite some time, and up to this point it has frightened me as much as interested me. I've never done a ghost hunt but I have been psyched about it for a while. I want to visit Bachelor's Grove (legally) and I live about 45 min. away, but no way in hell will I go alone, because in the 1 in 100 chance I see something I will be scared, lol. If someone is with me I will be ok, but if I'm alone I may start going into panic mode.

I'm up for a group or just one person, we can meet at the site where you park at Rubio FP. I do have a knee injury so you'd have to put up with keeping a slower pace (just how far is the walk?) but I really want to go. Right now I'm unemployed so time of day is not important but I'd like to go on a weekday, when kids are in school, so there is a better chance of no others around.
Who am I to say demons and Ghosts exist? Who is anyone to say? No one has the answer, and those that don't believe chose so because they are scared to

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Hi there. I've been studying the paranormal for quite some time, and up to this point it has frightened me as much as interested me. I've never done a ghost hunt but I have been psyched about it for a while. I want to visit Bachelor's Grove (legally) and I live about 45 min. away, but no way in hell will I go alone, because in the 1 in 100 chance I see something I will be scared, lol. If someone is with me I will be ok, but if I'm alone I may start going into panic mode.

I'm up for a group or just one person, we can meet at the site where you park at Rubio FP. I do have a knee injury so you'd have to put up with keeping a slower pace (just how far is the walk?) but I really want to go. Right now I'm unemployed so time of day is not important but I'd like to go on a weekday, when kids are in school, so there is a better chance of no others around.

I'm free anytime to go there with you but Mondays and Wednesdays...pick a day, I prefer morning trips if possible too.  (like between 8:00am to 12:00pm)
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
ok, so how about next friday at 10:00? (after rush hour). exactly how far is that walk? I have the gimpy knee so I need to know if I need to bring my cane and chug some advil beforehand lol

Also, I don't have a digital camera. Would a disposable be ok to use or is the quality too crappy? I really wish I had a camcorder. Being unemployed sucks  :X

I'm 35 btw, not 80...I didn't want the cane comment to throw you off.  :giggle2:
Who am I to say demons and Ghosts exist? Who is anyone to say? No one has the answer, and those that don't believe chose so because they are scared to

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
ok, so how about next friday at 10:00? (after rush hour). exactly how far is that walk? I have the gimpy knee so I need to know if I need to bring my cane and chug some advil beforehand lol

Also, I don't have a digital camera. Would a disposable be ok to use or is the quality too crappy? I really wish I had a camcorder. Being unemployed sucks  :X

I'm 35 btw, not 80...I didn't want the cane comment to throw you off.  :giggle2:

It's a bit of a walk, and the path has ice on it too....so you might want to have it just to be safe.  Any camera will do the trick and next Friday is fine.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
I'm game...it would be cool if some other members want to join us. The more the merrier. Too bad I don't have a Rascal scooter! But I'll manage.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
More might join yet, people come on and off of here 24/7

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
I'm afraid I have to back out...with it snowing tonight and ice still everywhere, I can't risk that long of a walk on my knee. If I slip you won't be able to carry me out because I'm sort of a big girl.

Let's hold off until some of the ice melts.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
I'm afraid I have to back out...with it snowing tonight and ice still everywhere, I can't risk that long of a walk on my knee. If I slip you won't be able to carry me out because I'm sort of a big girl.

Let's hold off until some of the ice melts.

No problem, we don't need you getting hurt.  Anytime later is fine, just let us know.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
I will go with you guys once it gets warm and things dry up.  It is going to be a big mud bath there for a while once the snow melts

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
anyone up for next friday at 11:00 AM? I'll wear my mud boots...I have my camcorder and am itching to go

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
I work during the week and i am busy weekends this month.  But if you guys want to go after that I am in

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
Well, on a whim I decided to go today, I knew it would be muddy but I was prepared, and psyched, until I turned into the Rubio entrance and the chain was across it and it said CLOSED. OMG I was so irritated lol. I called 411 and got the number to the palos hgts division of the cook county forest preserve and they told me they were plowing the grove for the day. Of all days. Ugh, that's my luck.

So I went to Mt Carmel and filmed Al Capone's headstone. What is really creepy is that someone with my family last name is buried right next to him.

Offline DJBLOCK

• Mere Mortal
I went on Saturday. For the past 8 years Ive went or so the trail always says closed. It doesnt stop people from entering lol

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The closed sign means the road is closed not the trail or the graveyard.  :Y:

Offline Badgegirl007

• Mere Mortal
    • my facebook
no, not the trail, the entrance to Rubio woods was closed