Author Topic: Smile, when in Chicago....u are being watched!  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Smile, when in Chicago....u are being watched!
« on: May 15 2011 - 02:38PM »
Here is something I never new......

Chicago has surveillance over the entire city, more extensive than anywhere else in the United States. Chicago holds the record for number of surveillance cameras, estimated at up to 10,000. The network is said to have cost $60 million. Officials say it is worth the price, but privacy concerns are at a peak.

Red Squad Back? Big Brother cameras zoom in on Chicago
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Smile, when in Chicago....u are being watched!
« Reply #1 on: May 15 2011 - 03:00PM »
 :wink:
DARMAR

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #2 on: May 17 2011 - 06:19PM »
Hey! You didn't know? Hizzoner VooDoo Priest Richie had all security cameras (banks, shopping centers, parking lots, outdoor private, etc. home) tied into the city system. Probably more than 10K mentioned. Don't forget about the stop light cameras. There was a small flap in the news when he wanted it done. BUT the zombies let him do it anyway.

Best Bob Hope movie line

Now the non-citizen mayor can spy on us for the non-citizen prez.

Shhh!!!! Big Bro is watching!

There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: May 17 2011 - 08:14PM »
Hey! You didn't know? Hizzoner VooDoo Priest Richie had all security cameras (banks, shopping centers, parking lots, outdoor private, etc. home) tied into the city system. Probably more than 10K mentioned. Don't forget about the stop light cameras. There was a small flap in the news when he wanted it done. BUT the zombies let him do it anyway.

Now the non-citizen mayor can spy on us for the non-citizen prez.

Shhh!!!! Big Bro is watching!

Steve, Did Daley really hook into all the private systems in Chicago or are you kidding... How could you even monitor that many cameras, over 10,000??   ter
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #4 on: May 17 2011 - 10:25PM »
John it was in the newspapers and talk radio about 2 years (I think) ago. Da Mare said it would help provide better police protection. His theory was that if you're not doing anything wrong you don't have to worry. Same type of thinking that kept Meigs field from being used by terrorists.

Don't worry about the cameras. Its the license plate cameras you have to worry about. They are developing or have developed a camera that attaches to the squad car. As the cars drives it scans the license plate of the car in front of it or the plates of parked cars. It automatically runs the plate in a data base and sees if there are any "wants" on the car or owner.

I believe London has more security cameras than Chicago has.
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03 2011 - 10:30PM »
In Chicago, do you park casually on sidewalks in presence of cops as we do here in Milano?

No, never on a sidewalk, would get a ticket for sure.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04 2011 - 12:51AM »
In Chicago, do you park casually on sidewalks in presence of cops as we do here in Milano?

No, never on a sidewalk, would get a ticket for sure.

Actually that depends on the cop and the situation. Years ago Mike Royko challenged the law. Seems he got a ticket for parking on sidewalk and parkway. Technically the cop can ticket your car if you are blocking the sidewalk (obstruction of a public way), if it is a city owned parkway (such as the parkway in front of city hall) or illegally parked on the street.. The parkway of your home is considered your property. As long as you don't turn it into a junk yard you should be OK.

A cop cannot give a ticket on private property without the property owners consent. We live across the street from a Church that has a carnival every year. When the carnival is in progress parking is nonexistent. Several years ago my wife and I went out for dinner. When we returned the street was all parked up and some idiot parked in my driveway. I called the cops and was told they couldn't do anything because it was private property. The best they could do was put a ticket on the car and I would have to show up in court as the complainant. So, I did the next best thing. I called a friend with a tow truck to come over. Evidently the guy saw the flashing lights by the car and came running over. He was happy to move his car. I was going to have the car yanked out into the middle of the street and leave it there.