Author Topic: Jim Morrison ???  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Jim Morrison ???
« on: Jan 02 2008 - 10:04PM »
So what do you think about this one  kn

It has been over 4 years since Hollywood resident and Rock and Roll Historian Brett Meisner first noticed a strange image in the background of a photo taken of him at the gravesite of former Doors’ front man Jim Morrison at the Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, France. After having the photograph and original negative analyzed by dozens of paranormal and photographic experts, there is still little explanation as to how or why the ghostly image appeared in the photo. Some believe it is a forgery, while others simply think it is just a ray of sunlight playing an odd trick on the human eye. For Brett Meisner, the photo has become a black cloud of bad luck hanging over his head, and he is now looking for a way to get rid of this infamous [float=left][/float] and very controversial piece of rock and roll history.

Brett Meisner barely recalled the 1997 candid graveside photo shoot when an assistant showed him the photo in 2002, pointing out the clearly visible iconic image of Jim Morrison in the background. “I have collected a lot of rock memorabilia over the past few decades so I figured he was playing a joke on me,” explains Meisner. “But once we found the negative and made larger prints, it was quite clear to all of us that we had something odd and unique on our hands.”

Once word of the Morrison ghost photograph spread across the Internet, both skeptics and avid Doors fans came knocking on Meisner’s door. A British film crew from the show “Dead Famous” even flew to Los Angeles, bringing along paranormal expert Chris Fleming who called the photo “one of the best I’ve ever seen.” This publicity led to appearances on the Biography channel and several prominent radio programs, but Meisner began to realize the photo was causing more harm than good.

“I’ve had strangers come to my home at all hours of the night wanting to talk to me saying they had messages from Jim,” explained Meisner. “At first it was sort of interesting to see how many people felt a spiritual bond with Jim and the photo, but now the whole vibe seems negative.”

A failed marriage and the loss of a young friend to a drug overdose were just a few of the tragedies that have befallen Brett Meisner since he rediscovered the photograph. “I’ve lost some high paying clients and nothing but bad luck has plagued me for the past few years.” A spiritual adviser and close friend recently told Meisner that they believe the photograph is part of a curse and that he needs to find a respectful way to part with the image and bring closure to both Brett and the spirit of Morrison.
[float=right][/float]“Part of me wishes that I would have never stepped foot into the graveyard in the first place,” admits Meisner. “While I also know I’m partly to blame for talking about it in the first place. I should have kept it to myself and not let the media have a field day with something so special and private.

Meisner is currently trying to find a private and reputable organization to donate the photos and negative. So far he has no takers.

Jim Morrison’s gravesite in Pere Lachaise is one of the most popular tourist attractions in a cemetery filled with literary and cultural icons such as Oscar Wilde, Honore de Balzac and Frederic Chopin. Over a thousand people each day visit the gravesite where Morrison was laid to rest in July 1971. Often the crowds are unruly and festive, a fact that is looked down upon by the surviving family members of the nearby graves. In fact, the French government almost moved the body of Morrison in 2001 when the 30 year lease expired, citing his gravesite a nuisance and unwanted attraction. However, pressure from the local artistic community helped keep Jim safe and secure in his final resting place.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Jim Morrison ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02 2008 - 10:14PM »
Very cool, It looks just like him.   =D>
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02 2008 - 11:45PM »
Yes this is definitely a perfect likeness of the Lizard King. Growing up I was (of course, we all were then) a stedfast follower of The Lizard King. Just thinking about The Doors music brings back memories of smoke filled rooms full of flower power and the passing of the dooby, bowls of pecans and other nut munchies with nut crackers for everyone. Lots of laughing tie dyed t-shirts. I was in love with Jim Morrison.  I thought that I loved his poetry too.  But it seems that I wasn't paying close enough attention. Even though I wasn't a sted fast christian back then and not so much better today but I have always been a christian and some of the songs that we listened to with an almost worshipful attention today seem dark and forboding. Some of them really kind of satanic. I'm actually not sure if that was what he was going for but I recently came across some of the lyrics to a few of his most famous songs and was really just shocked and astonished at how very satanic the lyrics were. The next time that I come across them I am going to post them here so that I can get some other opinions from you guys. Now i am not saying that i think he was a satanist. I don't know. Dont pretend to know what was in his head back them as I am not sure what was in my own head back then. I am just saying that some of lyrics were shocking to say the least. I am hopeful that Jim is in a good place but listening to his music now and seeing that his spirit may still be earthbound (could be...I don't know this)  but I wonder if he is not still learning spiritually. Maybe he is lost and needs our prayers.  It would be very hard for me to think of him as a bad person who derserved to be caught up in purgotory or hell even but I do think that he was a spiritual person who was searching. Most of his life he seemed to be lost. I do hope that he finds his way to heaven. I used to think that he was an angel.  sere   bo
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03 2008 - 12:00AM »
I'm glad you guys like this one.  I thought it was pretty cool.  It sure looks like him

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04 2008 - 12:47AM »
ME LIKEY =D> =D> =D>  I never actually believed that he died though after reading Danny Sugarman's book.
Heather & Maggie

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04 2008 - 09:32PM »
Well Heather all i can say is that he must be.   His spirit is in that picture

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04 2008 - 11:26PM »
Well Heather all i can say is that he must be.   His spirit is in that picture
I know..........it's an amazing photo =D>
Heather & Maggie

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08 2008 - 10:32PM »
Oh my gosh!   That looks just like him, the way he's standing there.  Great Picture, great find jeepgirlgina    :Y:

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08 2008 - 10:34PM »
Thanks Spirit Chaser....I would love to actually capture a picture like that myself

Offline Demon

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09 2009 - 12:47PM »
I just found this one on page 7 while looking through older posts.  That picture is just amazing, It looks just look him, even a pose he would have made.          Here's a beer for Jim.

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09 2009 - 03:32PM »
Whoa, that's amazing. It does really look like him. I love Jim Morrison. :D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline tiggzizherrr

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: Apr 06 2009 - 12:52AM »
WOW AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE U SMILE!!!

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Apr 06 2009 - 03:04AM »
He is the lizard king! He can do anything! ;)
And it looks like he did just that - appeared in a photo in spirit form.
This is a great find!  =D>
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07 2009 - 08:08PM »
Very cool. I'm not a big Doors fan though.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere