Author Topic: What do you think about this?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Freek

• Mere Mortal
  • KClO4 + 8 Al → 4 Al2O3 + 3 KCl :P
What do you think about this?
« on: Nov 27 2011 - 01:00PM »
http://spudpickles.com/node/56

This is an app for smartphones? They use alot of fancy words and phrases explaining on how your smartphone can "detect" paranormal. So total B.S. or could it actually work? I downloaded the app and it does pick up "detections" but I am no expert when it comes to paranormal devices.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
Re: What do you think about this?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27 2011 - 05:03PM »
Did you read the following?

* Note: results from this application cannot be verified scientifically and therefore should be used for entertainment purposes.

That is their "out". Just by running an "app" on your cell phone does not turn it into a ghost finder.

There is no equipment, anywhere, that can definitely say something is a ghost.
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Graveyard Hound

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27 2011 - 11:18PM »
I doubt any device, whether used on Ghost Hunters or any place else, can detect the presence of what is referred to as a "ghost". Hence my humor at seeing Jason and Grant do exactly the opposite every week.
"Pretty much all the drugs I prescribe and either addictive and/or dangerous" HOUSE
"Could pain medication cause an orgasm? HOUSE
"I'm the lucky one because he didn't die? What about him?" HOUSE

Offline Freek

• Mere Mortal
  • KClO4 + 8 Al → 4 Al2O3 + 3 KCl :P
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02 2011 - 10:03AM »
Did you read the following?

* Note: results from this application cannot be verified scientifically and therefore should be used for entertainment purposes.

That is their "out". Just by running an "app" on your cell phone does not turn it into a ghost finder.

There is no equipment, anywhere, that can definitely say something is a ghost.
I really know nothing about how "ghost detection" works or if its even possible through any type of electronics. I wouldn't have even brought it up if it weren't for the part "proprietary algorithm to analyze the quantum flux" or even the other articles with all the fancy words and phrases.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04 2011 - 08:38PM »
Freek, IMHO if you get a compass (the thingie that scouts use) it will be a better ghost finder than the cell phone app. As we know the compass will point to magnetic North. If it points in another direction it could be because of 2 reasons. 1) a strong magnetic pull from something normal (example: metal near by) or 2) maybe ghostly activity.

Since we think ghosts are made up from electrical energy or draw energy from the surrounding area to manifest themselves (even ghost hunters will disagree on these points) a change in magnetic field would make the compass react. If the compass needle spins around for no apparent reason there may be some paranormal activity going on.

I've seen seasoned investigators go crazy because their Kll meter was going off. Then they found out someone set their cell phone to silent mode when it should have been turned off. The cell phone contacting the tower checking for messages set off the Kll.

Be careful if it uses a 'quantum flux capacitor". Then it becomes a time machine.  :lol6: =D> (Back To The Future)
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.