Author Topic: Aux Sable Cemetery  (Read 35459 times)

Offline agnostimed13

• Mere Mortal
  • Bachelors Grove's Chief of Medicine
Re: Aux Sable Cemetery
« Reply #30 on: May 25 2011 - 06:56PM »
Where is this cemetery, seems worth a visit

Offline andy

• Apparition
« Reply #33 on: Jun 16 2011 - 06:17AM »
well i said i wouldn't be going back and i did.........i heard the gate that leads to hell is in this building...........and the gate gate where the little girl waves goodby

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #34 on: Jun 18 2011 - 09:12PM »
well i said i wouldn't be going back and i did.........i heard the gate that leads to hell is in this building...........and the gate gate where the little girl waves goodby

Yeah, I went in there and closed the door, talked to "it" and took pictures, I must say it was a bit creepy in there in the dark.  After I left, I turned my recorder on and left it in there for a few hours.  However to my disappointment I never got a thing....wasn't meant to be that day.  But I did get a great evp on the other side of the graveyard from there.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline andy

• Apparition
« Reply #35 on: Jun 21 2011 - 08:46PM »
ghost 1 i got as far as the doorway and that was it......i swear something kept me  from going in there. maybe my nerves!! anyway i will not walk into that building..............

Offline phoenix

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20 2011 - 12:38PM »
My first post here,  I have known of the Aux Sable cemetery and it stories, but recently have been drawn to visit the site(not sure why, and I am a little leery of visiting).  I am a big history buff, and recently visited the Indian Creek Massacre site in Earlville. 

I have read the current Aux Sable cemetery(also known as Settlers Garden cemetery) sits on the site of former indian burial mounds that were disturbed by early settlers to the area.  Curious if others have heard similar.

I drive by the Brown Road overpass on I-80 daily, and have been tempted to get off @ Minooka or Morris and work my way over there.  I see the hours are from like 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m..

Any other recent visits, and/or should I really avoid a visit here alone.

Thanks for this thread as it has nice accounts of visits.

Offline phoenix

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27 2011 - 10:01AM »
Wasnt planning on dropping by the Aux Sable Cemetary on X-Mas eve, so I had forgotten my camera,  I did have my Ipad2 so I did take some pics,  I think I can use a Photobucket app., and get them posted.  More on the pics later.

Arrived around 10:00 a.m.,  the cemetry is probably 30 minutes east of where I live.  It will be easier to get to once the Brisbin exit on I-80 is finished.  Right now from the west on I-80 you need to get off @ the Morris exit and take route 6 and some backroads to get to Brown Road.  From the east on I-80 exit @ the Minooka exit and take Minooka road to the road that runs behind the east bound rest stop on I-80.  Hours are posted on the cemetary, no trespassing signs line the woods.  There is about a 1/4 mile wooded stretch with the bridge to get to the cemetary. 

Really eerie place,  Caretakers shack door was partially cracked open,  cemetary was quiet.   I hurriedly took some photos while my wife and daughter waited in the truck,  I did not want to hang out there as there was a weird vibe/energy to the place.  Daughter tried to get me to go into the caretakers building, but I was not having any of that.  We took off after that snapping some pics of the entrance on the way out.

There was something about this place that made us want to leave. Not sure if it was the reputation that had built up that anxiety, or something else.  THere was definitely some sort of energy at this location.  Similar vibe to the Indian Creek Masscre site in Earlville, but stronger and different.

Based on this initial visit I will never go here at night.  Another day visit with a good camera, for sure.  Ipad2 doesnt take the best photos, but some interesting anomoilies,  could be relections off headstones, shadows. etc., 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29 2011 - 12:39PM »
Nice to hear you made it out there phoenix, it is defiantly a beautiful cemetery.  If you look in the gallery, I have some very cool pictures taken there in IR.

That place has never given me any bad feelings though, I've been there about 6 times..... Then again maybe I was there on god days.   :*:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline phoenix

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30 2011 - 09:11AM »
thanks ghost1,

not a really bad feeling, but just a creeped out feeling, perhaps from its reputation. 

I have enjoyed all the pics and accounts of visits to aux sable,  really nice.

Offline phoenix

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14 2012 - 09:30AM »
I made another visit to AUx Sable this past Saturday.  This time solo.  Still nervous about this place as I didnt stray too far from my truck,  no way in hell I was going anywhere near the groundskeepers building.  Still having a hard time getting great pics here,  some are good, some are just off.

When parked on the entry road stopping to take pictures back at the graveyard and its gate I was looking towards the woods with my back to the gate and I felt & heard something moving behind me, enough so that I was surprised when nothing was there when I looked up.   Really odd, 

Not sure I want to go back to Aux Sable(feeling I have just been gently warned, or perhaps teased on my visits), or at least not visit  alone again.

when I was parked here, just after these shots as I was looking in the woods I heard and felt something approaching me from behind:

I have my own theory  on @ Aux Sable,  from my studies I know that this was an indian burial ground previously, early settlers desecrated it,  yet decided to build there own cemetary on the now soured ground.   I think its a mix of indian spirits, and the folks that have been buired here.  Just my theory.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #41 on: Feb 14 2012 - 02:11PM »
Some great pic's there phoenix... How about some inside shots of the ground keepers building?   :giggle2:

Offline phoenix

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #42 on: Feb 14 2012 - 02:56PM »
lol,    on my first visit my daughter kept telling me to go in there.

just something about aux sable,  doesn't help that I pass by there  on the way to and from work each day. 

Offline andy

• Apparition
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17 2012 - 08:09AM »
i understand i wont go into that building either

Offline BFMVfan324

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #44 on: Oct 03 2012 - 06:45PM »
I've gone to Aux Sable many times with big groups.. Nothing ever happens and i get no pictures. But this time.. i went alone.. I got a few pictures for you guys. Here you go, and enjoy!