Discussions > General Paranormal Discussion

Strange occurances

<< < (2/3) > >>

Thalassa:
This morning when I got up to feed the cat I noticed that the landing lights where on - this is very strange as I got up in the night last night to use the bathroom and I would have noticed if they where on and my boyfriend would have had no reason to turn them on if he got up in the night (his computer is upstairs incase his work rings and he keeps a bottle by his side of the bed for drink), so he wouldn't have turned them on. What was even stranger was after I had turned them off I noticed that they had turned themselves back on when I came back, I turned them off, muttered "bloody ghosts" and walked off. After that I went back to bed to use my laptop and thats when I smelt the cigarette smoke again....

Thalassa:
Last night I was woken up by two (what I can only describe as) whooshing sounds and I stumbled out of bed after hearing them and opened the window as the room smelt of a wierd combination of gas, burning and that smell that you get when you turn on a heater in the winter and its had dust accumulating on it for months. I seriously thought that we'd had a gas leak and was convinced that the house was going to explode when my boyfriend got up a few moments later to use the bathroom and he turned on the light. It didn't and I realised that we use electricity. This morning my boyfriend got up earlier than me and went downstairs, I heard him say "What's a brillo pad doing on the stairs?"
He thought it was the cat but I am not so sure - it could have been Beau, but she would have needed to have got the brillo pad down from behind the sink and I have never seen her play with one and she is particular about what she plays with. The last time something like this happened (like with the lights), I had smelt cigarette smoke soon after - this time I had smelt that strange smell beforehand and those sounds on reflection sounded an awful lot like when someone sparks a lighter.

Another strange occurance happened a few nights ago - I heard the sound of horses on cobbles. Our house was originally a stable yard (I can tell which part was which from the layout of the house i.e. kitchen was tack room, front room stables, upstairs hay loft) and I know what horses sound like having been round them for the best part of 32 years (my mother once said "horses have been in your blood for centuries). There was no traffic passing and certainly no horses there and I was wide awake.

Witchiepoo:
 :051bye: Nice story.... please keep me, us, updated :)

Thalassa:
My boyfriend is going away soon and I have found a way to keep the webcam running on this computer, so I am going to leave it in three places next week:

1. At the bottom of the stairs
2. At the end of the landing looking towards the bedroom
3. At the foot of the bed looking towards the landing

Thalassa:
I didn't set up my webcams in the end (I will do at some point though), but today I have the sound recorder on my computer running. My boyfriend is asleep on the sofa, and the cat on my knee. I have just heard a thump from upstairs (and there is no-one up there and nothing that could be blown over or anything), I will let you know if I get any audio. Another thing that has happened was on Saturday night - I woke up to see a woman standing by my bedroom door. She had short bobbed dark hair, wore something white with what looked like a grey coat or cloak on. I jumped, went to say something (I have no idea what), and she vanished.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version