Author Topic: An interesting story  (Read 2898 times)

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
An interesting story
« on: Jun 24 2008 - 03:06AM »
My fiance isn't really interested in paranormal stuff too much.  He likes it but he's not as interested in it as I am.  However, he did tell me the one weird story that had happened to him that he couldn't explain. I'm going to let him tell it so this is my fiance typing:

Spookypooky's fiance:  "When I was a teenager it was a nice spring night.  I was out smoking at around 11PM and decided I actually wanted to go for a walk.  It was an odd decision because although I never had an adversion going out on walks at night it wasn't something that I typically did.  I left my home took a left walked for about 2 minutes took a right and walked for about another 2 minutes to get to the trail entrance of the nature trail that was roughly (you guessed it) 6 minutes from my home.  There was a beutiful little area that had a naturally occuring waterfall coming off a rocky outcrop and it was surrounded by forest as was the whole trail.  The waterfall (being in Illinois) was nothing spectacular however you could hear the movement of the water and it was relaxing and that was the purpose of my walk and the destination I intended to turn back at.  Before I could reach said waterfall about 8-10 minutes into my excursion I saw something.  My first thought was that it was someone like me that was taking a walk at a rather strange hour of night as I was living in a safe neighborhood.  My second thought is it might be some kind of a cop on a quad making sure nothing jacked up was happening.  I did notice something weird though.  First off, the crickets stopped chirping before I even got to where I could see the light.  Which I thought was weird since crickets don't just unanimously stop chirping.  Second, I thought it was really odd I couldn't here whoever it was walking as the sounds were traveling quite nicely.  Another thing that bothered me is that if it was a guy on the bike I certainly would've been able to here it and if it was a Police officer on a quad I damn sure woulda heard it.  The thing that I saw that I've been trying to explain was a strange whitish blue light (uncommon in flashlight light even now and especially in my youth) that seemed to be moving slowly forward at around the waist level of a grown person.  The thing about it was this whitish blue light didn't project a BEAM forward like a flashlight would.  It was a glowing ball of light that was slowly progressing forward w/o making any noise whatsoever.  I started getting unnerved to a degree.  That I'll admit.  So I headed back towards the entrance to the nature trail while turning around from time to time and scanning behind me to keep tabs on where it was.  I wasn't running away from the light I was walking away from the light.  However, the light disappeared for about a minute.  When I next turned around I saw that the light was in the forest to my right still pretty far back.  That's what I couldn't explain.  I heard no twigs snapping, no branches crackling, but I saw a whitish blue light that wasn't projecting a beam like a flaslight or headlight would off in the forest to my right slowly progressing forward on a night where sound was traveling extremely well and the damn crickets which had been going nuts before were still completely silent.  Eventually, I got back to the road, took a left to get back into my sub-division and took a right to get back to my home in roughly 6 minutes.  That's the only story I got that I still can't explain or understand that ever happened in my life and I figured you guys may dig it."

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Re: An interesting story
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24 2008 - 10:38AM »
Great story J! You and Pooky need to ghosthunt in AZ and get some more! I saw an orb once in TN. They are beautiful eh?

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24 2008 - 02:55PM »
That was a superb story!   =D>  I wish that would happen to me.  There is a story posted on here some place about a couple of guys who saw a ball of light come down out of the sky while they were out in the woods by a lake.  When the ball of light got close enough for them to see what it was it turned out to be a big bubble that was transparent and you could see two humanoid forms in it waving to them! Maybe if you would have got close enough that's what you would have seen! Thanks for sharing that with us Spookypooky's Fiance'.  Nice to meet you.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24 2008 - 09:23PM »
Thank you for sharing a story. We all appreciate it
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline E. Sosa

• Mere Mortal
    • Forward Your
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11 2013 - 04:49AM »
My fiance isn't really interested in paranormal stuff too much.  He likes it but he's not as interested in it as I am.  However, he did tell me the one weird story that had happened to him that he couldn't explain. I'm going to let him tell it so this is my fiance typing:

Spookypooky's fiance:  "When I was a teenager it was a nice spring night.  I was out smoking at around 11PM and decided I actually wanted to go for a walk.  It was an odd decision because although I never had an adversion going out on walks at night it wasn't something that I typically did.  I left my home took a left walked for about 2 minutes took a right and walked for about another 2 minutes to get to the trail entrance of the nature trail that was roughly (you guessed it) 6 minutes from my home.  There was a beutiful little area that had a naturally occuring waterfall coming off a rocky outcrop and it was surrounded by forest as was the whole trail.  The waterfall (being in Illinois) was nothing spectacular however you could hear the movement of the water and it was relaxing and that was the purpose of my walk and the destination I intended to turn back at.  Before I could reach said waterfall about 8-10 minutes into my excursion I saw something.  My first thought was that it was someone like me that was taking a walk at a rather strange hour of night as I was living in a safe neighborhood.  My second thought is it might be some kind of a cop on a quad making sure nothing jacked up was happening.  I did notice something weird though.  First off, the crickets stopped chirping before I even got to where I could see the light.  Which I thought was weird since crickets don't just unanimously stop chirping.  Second, I thought it was really odd I couldn't here whoever it was walking as the sounds were traveling quite nicely.  Another thing that bothered me is that if it was a guy on the bike I certainly would've been able to here it and if it was a Police officer on a quad I damn sure woulda heard it.  The thing that I saw that I've been trying to explain was a strange whitish blue light (uncommon in
cheap led flashlight light even now and especially in my youth) that seemed to be moving slowly forward at around the waist level of a grown person.  The thing about it was this whitish blue light didn't project a BEAM forward like a flashlight would.  It was a glowing ball of light that was slowly progressing forward w/o making any noise whatsoever.  I started getting unnerved to a degree.  That I'll admit.  So I headed back towards the entrance to the nature trail while turning around from time to time and scanning behind me to keep tabs on where it was.  I wasn't running away from the light I was walking away from the light.  However, the light disappeared for about a minute.  When I next turned around I saw that the light was in the forest to my right still pretty far back.  That's what I couldn't explain.  I heard no twigs snapping, no branches crackling, but I saw a whitish blue light that wasn't projecting a beam like a flaslight or headlight would off in the forest to my right slowly progressing forward on a night where sound was traveling extremely well and the damn crickets which had been going nuts before were still completely silent.  Eventually, I got back to the road, took a left to get back into my sub-division and took a right to get back to my home in roughly 6 minutes.  That's the only story I got that I still can't explain or understand that ever happened in my life and I figured you guys may dig it."

The story is quite good but i have read it after quite a long time ...

« Last Edit: Jun 12 2013 - 04:47AM by E. Sosa »