CINCINNATI – A 5-year-old Sellersburg, Indiana boy is recovering from first, second and third-degree burns after he mysteriously caught fire.
Chucky Beutel got out of the bath, spayed on cologne and then started burning -- flames were coming off of him. He's now in Cincinnati undergoing treatment and will survive.
“They’ve got all kinds of possibilities, they just haven’t found the source,” says Beverly Beutel, Chucky’s mom.
Chucky’s burns were so severe that Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville had him transferred to the Shriner’s Burn Hospital in Cincinnati. Chucky and his mom will remain in Cincinnati until after his first operation to repair the skin around his neck and chest.
Friends like Jennifer Smith are doing what they can to help. “I hate to see her lose her house. Her bills aren’t gonna be taken care of because there’s nobody there to take care of them.”
A fund has been set up to help the family.
Donations can be made at the New Washington State Bank, PO Box 191, Sellersburg, Indiana, 47172. Make checks payable to Beverly Beutel. http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=199373&catId=49