Author Topic: I miss the 80's  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: I miss the 80's
« Reply #15 on: May 30 2008 - 10:33PM »
"Take On Me" remains one of my favorite songs ever.  And the animated sequences in the video were so cutting-edge back then.  A CLASSIC!

I love the family guy episode where chris is in the supermarket and they do a version of that song

Yes, that episode was great, they had Chris walk right into the song just like he belongs there!

Also yes to SurvivorMAN comment too, that was a very cool cutting-edge back then.  To have a person just turn into a drawing was very cool!
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #16 on: May 31 2008 - 11:58AM »
Here you go........................

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/family_guy.flv
« Last Edit: Mar 11 2009 - 10:10AM by Banshee »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #17 on: Jun 01 2008 - 11:33AM »
Ghost...I spend two hours trying to find that clip for my post and couldn't.  You are amazing !!!!!  Thank you. 
Oh yeah and yesterday remembered one thing I don't miss from the 80's.  MY EX HUSBAND....lol.  (I ran into him while I was at home visiting my mom yesterday)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #18 on: Jun 01 2008 - 12:08PM »
Oh yeah and yesterday remembered one thing I don't miss from the 80's.  MY EX HUSBAND....lol.  (I ran into him while I was at home visiting my mom yesterday)

LOL   :^:   :)   =D>

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #19 on: Jun 01 2008 - 12:31PM »
Here's the Mother Load.............A REAL trip thought the 80's.     da

An 80's Music Video Compilation

80' Cartoon's (If you have time this one is great, 30 minutes of all the 80's cartoons openings)   :Y:
(I've been watching this since I posted it,  what a HUGE flashback this video is.....I have always been a cartoon freak!)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 01 2008 - 02:16PM »
UH-OH You guys may have started something now. If you were around me for very long in the early 90's you would have heard all of Tesla and GNR.  I'm pretty sure that my ultra conservative ex would list Axle some place on the list of reasons for our divorce..LOL I could tell you more.....about the night that Axle helped celebrate my birthday on the square in Memphis but I don't remember most of it.  I do love Axle Rose and GNR.... however.... even though "Sweet Child O Mine" is way up there on the fav list my all time favorite was his remake of  Bob Dillon's "Knocking On Heaven's Door." But then I may be a couple years older than you guys cause I remember the 70's as much as I do the 80's and "Knocking On Heaven's Door" was a great song and still very popular in the 70's.  By the early 90's a lot of younger ppl had never heard of it and were blown away by it when GNR did it. The rest of us were just in awe that he did such a great job of the remake. Oh yeah....and Slash rules still.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc&feature=related
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #21 on: Jun 01 2008 - 09:30PM »
Colleen,
I also love GNR, saw them in concert twice....oh yeah I also remember the 70's very well.  Actually, I think we are the same age.  GNR's version ofI knocking on heaven's door is great but I really love to hear Bob Dylan sing it

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Jun 02 2008 - 08:39AM »
Colleen,
I also love GNR, saw them in concert twice....oh yeah I also remember the 70's very well.  Actually, I think we are the same age.  GNR's version ofI knocking on heaven's door is great but I really love to hear Bob Dylan sing it

Yeah Dillon is the man. A true poet. There may never be another like him.  Jim Morrison is another truly inspired poet. Although rumors of his connection to Alister Crowley and his own rants on being possessed by indian spirits and meeting the devil (who supposedly gave him his lyrics) have dampened his reputation and put an eerie slant to the meanings of his lyrics.

OH yeah.....we can't leave out that guy that wrote "American Pie".  Talk about abstract! I can't remember his name but what a song! My ex used to write in the abstract and I find that amazing. I'm like an open book pretty much what you see is what you get but there are ppl who practically live their life in the abstract. It's amazing to me.
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
~Colleen~

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #24 on: Jun 02 2008 - 09:33PM »
I love that one also Colleen

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #25 on: Jun 22 2008 - 11:14AM »
Two of my favorite slower songs from the 80's.   Many memory's with these two....................

Sir Elton John - Blue Eyes

Sir Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #26 on: Jun 22 2008 - 11:45AM »
those are two of Elton John's best. 

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
« Reply #27 on: Jun 22 2008 - 03:18PM »
I like Madonna and Ah~ha lol!Micheal Jackson is the man but hes just weird now. Lol that movie about the Jackson 5 was hillarious! I felt bad though cuz the dad used to woop their butts!  LOL