Author Topic: Alices Restaurant  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Alices Restaurant
« on: Feb 05 2008 - 10:48PM »
Here is another old one, that I used to think was cool.................Kind of Rap before there was Rap. a story telling song.   :Y:

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/Alices_Restaurant.mp3
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Alices Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06 2008 - 01:35AM »
Yes indeed! This is definitely another one! This song first came out when I was just a kid and my older cousins and such who were just so darn cool were saying how "groovy" it was.... gri  I couldn't wait to be just a few years older so that I could say things like "groovy" and "man" and wear hip hugger jeans with body suits and put beads and flowers in my hair.  Well by the time that I was 14 most of this stuff was already out of date... :^(  Heck you couldn't even find hip huggers in a store unless you went to the army surplace were some of us die hard hippies and flower children shopped for a while.  Eventually even I gave up and joined the new era of the "preppies" and what they called the "high waster jeans". But this song takes me back to a time of incense, walnuts in a bowl and knitted poncho's. Bicycles and VW Beetles. Clover neckless' and long strait hair w/bangs. We hadn't heard of rap, blunts or grills for your mouth and AK47's were only for kidnappers.  Once again Ghost..... thanks for the memories.  :)
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com