Pictures > Upload any Paranormal pictures here

Spontaneous Human Combustion

<< < (3/3)

Colleen2510:
I've gotta go back and watch some of the videos but I really wanted to post this responce to the statement about the closet smokers.  I used to smoke and I have at least 2 friends who used to smoke heavily. All 3 of us have fallen asleep with cigarettes b4. Nothing like this ever happened. Once I woke up and found an entire cigarette on the carpet burnt all the way down to the filter and the length of the cigarette was burnt into the carpet .... and yet no fire.  One of my friends was on heavy medication and smoked. There were hundreds of burn holes in every blanket she owned, every chair, every couch, every shirt, every bathrobe and so on..... never a fire. I don't think cigarettes are the culprit and I'm always suspicious when anyone blames a death by fire on cigarettes. I know it can happen... especially if one throws one into the trash and it burns just the right piece but it's not as common as you might think. che

The Shadow:
<---- former firefighter Cough Cough  che che che Ur right its not that common but could it be?

Colleen2510:
As a former firefighter did how many fires would you think were caused by ppl falling asleep with cigarettes? Qu

The Shadow:
falling asleep with cigs? 2 percent maybe, cigs related 30%

also i knew of 0 fires in ten years that werent arson or malicious in intent

David67:

--- Quote from: Ghost1 on Feb 24 2008 - 10:40PM   ---I've always had a interest in this subject, I find it fascinating that a whole body can burn with very little damage to the room around them?

[float=left][/float]
This is one of the most famous photos from an alleged case of spontaneous human combustion. On December 5, 1966, 92-year-old retired doctor John Bentley died from a fire of unknown origin in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. The elderly man walked with the aid of a walking frame, clearly visible in the photo. The fire apparently was confined to a small area of the doctor's bathroom, which burned a hole in the floor. Most of his body was reduced to ash.

I had to put this one in for Maggpie   :*:

--- End quote ---

I heard an interview with the guy that found him on Coast 2 coast with Art Bell. It actually gave me nightmares i was sleeping while the show was on and I dreamt I was the one that found him, when I woke up I heard the man say he ran from the house screaming Dr.Bentley burned up. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version