Author Topic: Spontaneous Human Combustion  (Read 8365 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Spontaneous Human Combustion
« on: Feb 24 2008 - 10:40PM »
I've always had a interest in this subject, I find it fascinating that a whole body can burn with very little damage to the room around them?

[float=left][/float]
This is one of the most famous photos from an alleged case of spontaneous human combustion. On December 5, 1966, 92-year-old retired doctor John Bentley died from a fire of unknown origin in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. The elderly man walked with the aid of a walking frame, clearly visible in the photo. The fire apparently was confined to a small area of the doctor's bathroom, which burned a hole in the floor. Most of his body was reduced to ash.

I had to put this one in for Maggpie   :*:

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24 2008 - 11:33PM »
I love the clown feet.  I am sure Heather will appreciate them.  Spontaneous Combustion has always interested me also.  It is just so strange.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09 2008 - 02:11PM »
Yeah I dont know about this phenom. I still think people may be closet smokers and no one knows about it. But there are many things about the human body that other doctors and scientists dont understand
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09 2008 - 03:50PM »
Yeah I don't know about this phoneme. I still think people may be closet smokers and no one knows about it. But there are many things about the human body that other doctors and scientists don't understand

Yes, but the truly old thing about Spontaneous Human Combustion is that they burn at a temperature hot enough to turn human bone into pure ashes.  Bone is not even burned to dust when a body is cremated in a furnace?  Also it burns at the unreal high temp but always does very little if any damage to the surroundings, which is very hard to explain.   cho

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29 2008 - 05:22PM »
Here is a very informative video on Spontaneous Human Combustion.

Boy that's unreal, in the first story the poor ladys only fear in life was fire...and she dies from Spontaneous Human Combustion?   ter
This happend right in Bolingbrook, Il.

One of the pictures in this post, is from the second story.................

Oh my God, in the one story (link 4) fire started to shoot out of the old womens mouth with her brother-In-Law right next to her.   ter

BTW, these are only 10 minutes each.

http://www.para-tube.com/play.php?vid=269

http://www.para-tube.com/play.php?vid=270

http://www.para-tube.com/play.php?vid=271

http://www.para-tube.com/play.php?vid=272

http://www.para-tube.com/play.php?vid=273

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29 2008 - 07:52PM »

Hmm onmly ten minutes each huh  cho

Starting to sound like me
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31 2008 - 05:34PM »
Great follow up videos too Ghost =D>

LOVE THE CLOWN FEET! =D>  Wish that happened to all clowns LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
Trial by Fire: Dickens, Drink and Spontaneous Combustion
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01 2008 - 01:50AM »
I seen older material on the subject, but this is very interesting, will return to finish videos...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 07:01PM by Tenbears »

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Apr 04 2008 - 05:09PM »

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06 2008 - 02:14PM »
I've gotta go back and watch some of the videos but I really wanted to post this responce to the statement about the closet smokers.  I used to smoke and I have at least 2 friends who used to smoke heavily. All 3 of us have fallen asleep with cigarettes b4. Nothing like this ever happened. Once I woke up and found an entire cigarette on the carpet burnt all the way down to the filter and the length of the cigarette was burnt into the carpet .... and yet no fire.  One of my friends was on heavy medication and smoked. There were hundreds of burn holes in every blanket she owned, every chair, every couch, every shirt, every bathrobe and so on..... never a fire. I don't think cigarettes are the culprit and I'm always suspicious when anyone blames a death by fire on cigarettes. I know it can happen... especially if one throws one into the trash and it burns just the right piece but it's not as common as you might think. che
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07 2008 - 08:18PM »
<---- former firefighter Cough Cough  che che che Ur right its not that common but could it be?

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08 2008 - 10:11AM »
As a former firefighter did how many fires would you think were caused by ppl falling asleep with cigarettes? Qu
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08 2008 - 06:22PM »
falling asleep with cigs? 2 percent maybe, cigs related 30%

also i knew of 0 fires in ten years that werent arson or malicious in intent

Offline David67

• Ghost Hunter
  • To thine own self be true
« Reply #14 on: Jun 07 2013 - 04:38PM »
I've always had a interest in this subject, I find it fascinating that a whole body can burn with very little damage to the room around them?

[float=left][/float]
This is one of the most famous photos from an alleged case of spontaneous human combustion. On December 5, 1966, 92-year-old retired doctor John Bentley died from a fire of unknown origin in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. The elderly man walked with the aid of a walking frame, clearly visible in the photo. The fire apparently was confined to a small area of the doctor's bathroom, which burned a hole in the floor. Most of his body was reduced to ash.

I had to put this one in for Maggpie   :*:

I heard an interview with the guy that found him on Coast 2 coast with Art Bell. It actually gave me nightmares i was sleeping while the show was on and I dreamt I was the one that found him, when I woke up I heard the man say he ran from the house screaming Dr.Bentley burned up.