Author Topic: THE STONE LION INN  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
THE STONE LION INN
« on: Feb 25 2008 - 07:55PM »
THE STONE LION INN
GUTHRIE, OKLAHOMA

Located in Guthrie, Oklahoma is an old mansion that has been converted into a charming Bed and breakfast inn called the Stone Lion Inn. Although formerly used as a funeral home, the mansion now offers luxurious accommodations, fine dining and even murder mystery weekends. Soon after opening, the owners became aware that they were playing host to more than just overnight guests!  In 1986, the house was purchased by Becky Luker, who with the help of her two sons, converted the house into an inn. Soon after moving in, the family began hearing the sounds of feet padding up and down a stairway at night and the sound of a door being somehow opened and closed. After calling the police several times and finding nothing, the family began to realize that the answer to what was going on was a little stranger than they first imagined. The most haunted areas of the house, or at least the ones which seemed to be affected the most, were the back staircase of the house, where the footsteps were heard between the hours of ten and midnight, and the large closet on the third floor, where Mrs. Luker's youngest son stored his toys. The toys and games would be neatly put away each night and the door locked, then the next morning, they would be found scattered all over the floor. After living in the house for some time, the Lukers were visited by some former occupants of the house. Their father, F.E. Houghton,   had built the place in 1907 and had lived there with his family. Although they had many good memories of the house, they had also had a sister who had died there. Augusta Houghton had been 8 years old and had contracted whooping cough. Apparently, a maid had given her the wrong kind of medicine and she had died. The elderly Houghton siblings believed the ghost in the house could be that of their sister. Could the sound of the footsteps going up the back stairs to the third floor toy room be those of Augusta? They explained that the toy chest in the closet had been the same one they had used many years ago and before Augusta had become ill, they had had climbed the back stairs to play, between ten and midnight, after the grown-ups had fallen asleep.

The Stone Lion Inn is located in Guthrie, Oklahoma, which is in the central part of the state and about thirty minutes north of Oklahoma City.

By Troy Taylor

I highly recommend Troy Taylor's books, you can find them in this link below.   I have his Ghost Hunter's Guidebook myself......Good reading!    :Y:
http://www.prairieghosts.com/
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
Re: THE STONE LION INN
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29 2008 - 10:21PM »
I've been there!  They have a tea room too you can go in and eat. =D>  Beautiful home.
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08 2008 - 04:14PM »
And yet another great story! To hear ghostly footsteps during certain hours of the night and then find out that a child who had passed away used to travel that same path during those same hours .... well how much clearer do you want a ghost to be..... LOL So Maggpie you have been there? It looks like a beautiful old house! I would love to go there and spend a weekend sitting around the tea room listening to ghost stories and maybe even have an experience of my own.  Thanks for the find Ghost!   =D>
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08 2008 - 11:03PM »
I look at this place and see lifelessness. Sort of a dark feeling from the place. The kind I get from a funeral home
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com