Author Topic: The Old Man Who Was Not There  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Jamalbi

• Mere Mortal
Re: The Old Man Who Was Not There
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16 2009 - 01:16AM »
That is a great story but there are some parts in there that make it a little less believable. Just a couple parts in the story. The woman working there did she not ask the people if they needed help? Did she not wonder why they were just standing there and why were they leaving the book store with books. Did the employee ask who were they paying the books for. I am sorry but I don't find all the parts too believable. Still a great story.
« Last Edit: Mar 16 2009 - 01:21AM by Jamalbi »
Ghosts are people too.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #16 on: Jul 04 2010 - 09:46AM »
I wanted to bump this up so all the new members could read it.  It's a great story!
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Jul 04 2010 - 11:22PM »
Cool story, but I am calling shenanigans on it.  These people said they were in the store for two hours and the owner went by them several times.  Did the owner not wonder what these people were doing for two hours in the store and who they were talking to the whole time?  I am sure that if the owner saw them standing there talking to air for two hours that she would have probably kicked them out.  Also, these books that the lady purchased, and claims to have never seen anywhere before, are there any pics of these books?  It would add some credibility to be able to see pics of them.  Since they wrote a check for two hundred dollars for books that really weren't there did they get their money back?  Nice story, but it seems just that to me, a nice fictional short story.