Author Topic: Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp
« on: Mar 06 2008 - 09:29AM »
The sighting of the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp (also known as The Lizard Man Of Lee County) was a major media event. First with one sighting and then others, it was said to be a humanoid cryptid, perhaps a merbeing, inhabiting areas of swampland in and around Lee County, South Carolina. The Lizard Man was described at the time as being quite tall, bipedal, and having what appeared to be scaly skin and glowing red eyes. In the popular media rendering, it was said to have three toes on each foot and three fingers on each hand that end in long black claw-like nails. The first reported sighting of the Scape Ore creature occurred on June 29, 1988, but was soon followed by others, including information that was revealed about an earlier sighting in 1987.

Now, almost exactly twenty years after the initial media flap of the Scape Ore event, is the Lizard Man back?

BISHOPVILLE, SC (WIS) - After a nasty surprise Thursday morning for one Bishopville resident, she's wondering if the "Lizard Man" is back.
[float=right][/float]
[float=left][/float]
Dixie Rawson of Bishopville sent WIS News 10 an e-mail about a big surprise she got at her home Thursday morning. "The whole front half of our van is chewed up. There are bite marks right through the front grill. Both sides of the van above the wheel wells were bitten and the metal is bent like a piece of paper."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Man_of_Scape_Ore_Swamp
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06 2008 - 10:46PM »
8 people have looked at this with no comments?   I thought a giant lizard man taking a bite out of a minivan was kind of interesting........  :*:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08 2008 - 09:58AM »
LOL....I was not quite sure what to say.  I remember the creature from the black lagoon movies when I was a kid.  They scared the heck out of me.  I don't even want to think this is real.   ter

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08 2008 - 02:49PM »
Those are some huge teethe marks! I'm not sure that even a bear could have done that kind of damage! I'm not sure what kind of animal could do that kind of damage to metal. Nothing comes to mind except maybe a 7 foot tall Reptile with Aligator teethe   ter  !  They never said if they found the cats or not. They said that the box the kitties usually sleep in was empty and the blanket was shredded but I didn't see any blood and I'll bet those kitties smelled him coming for a mile and they are just hunkered down some place waiting for their fear to subside.  Don't you?
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09 2008 - 11:15AM »
There is a update to this story.................

Dead cow, coyote found near site of "Lizard Man" mystery

LEE COUNTY, SC (WIS) - We have been following a renewed investigation into the "Lizard Man."

Thursday we have learned that two dead animals were found in a field near the home of Dixie and Bob Rawson. The Lee County Sheriff's Department says it could be linked to some pretty serious damage to the [float=right][/float] Rawson's van. Last week, the Rawsons showed us how the van's front grill was chewed up, and how the wheel wells on both sides were bent. When some of the Rawson's cats went missing too, neighbors said the "Lizard Man" might be responsible. Lee County Sheriff E.J. Melvin is out to inspect the field near the Rawsons on his four-wheeler. "Just going to ride the field, see if there are anymore animals laying out dead." Already, they've found a cow and a coyote. It's significant in that they were both found only yards away from the Rawsons' car. "This is out of a book," says Dixie Rawson. And now, Rawson doesn't know what's fiction and what's real. WIS News 10 first showed you last week the bite marks and bends on her van. Neighbors told her it was the Lizard Man - a seven-foot green giant whose first reported sighting near Scape Ore Swamp 20 years ago entrenched him as a legend in these parts, a legend that's never been confirmed. So investigators told the Rawsons not to worry, all that must have been done by some other animal - likely, a coyote. Now Dixie Rawson asks, "If the coyote did this damage, what killed the coyote and the cow? Was it the Lizard Man? I don't know." Sheriff E.J. Melvin says, "I don't want to get anybody alarmed. But for some reason, I'm sticking with the coyote. But the coyote, that coyote is dead." What's left now is more speculation. Authorities had hoped to extract some blood left on the van's hood, but the Department of Natural Resources says the sample taken was somehow contaminated. For the record, DNR believes the holes were made by a dog - a dog trying to get at cats underneath the cars. About a half-dozen of the Rawsons cats are still missing nearly a week after the attack on their car. The passing time is doing little to answer their questions. Dixie Rawson says, "We're here in this quiet little town and all of a sudden, this happens."

How this happened, no one is quite sure yet - making clear only that the Lizard Man mystery isn't ready to be solved.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10 2008 - 08:10PM »
OK this is getting even more freaky.  The creature from the black lagoon lives.    ter

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10 2008 - 09:29PM »
Hmm for some reason i think this one is far fetched. He's stabding behind me right now isnt he?
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18 2008 - 10:39PM »
I giant Lizard that eats Mini Vans?  Now you don't here that one to often.   :*:

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19 2008 - 04:20PM »
From what I hear he likes the Generic ones. Especially GMC's you know Generically Made Chevy's ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22 2008 - 12:52AM »
That is pretty freaky, but you have to wonder...why the heck did it attack a Minivan?  No one was in it, and it can't be used as food, so why attack it?

Kind of strange?
   cho