Author Topic: 'Creepy gnome' terrorises town  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
Re: 'Creepy gnome' terrorises town
« Reply #15 on: Aug 06 2008 - 05:09PM »
Its on a string. No friggin' way are Gnomes real!
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 08 2008 - 12:01PM »
Its on a string. No friggin' way are Gnomes real!

Don't say that Tommyboy! You never know! Somewere a Gnome is prolly saying "that Tommyboy thing is on a string! No way is he real! LOL
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
ANOTHER GNOME SIGHTING?
« Reply #17 on: Aug 26 2008 - 05:44PM »
OMG. Caught this hidden fellow running away. A couple in the woods but I only captured one. Gnome sighting is a pleasure and kinda touching. Think I'll call him Borat.

I don't know if it's real or not but it sure is cute.  LOL

~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: ANOTHER GNOME SIGHTING?
« Reply #18 on: Aug 26 2008 - 06:42PM »
OMG. Caught this hidden fellow running away. A couple in the woods but I only captured one. Gnome sighting is a pleasure and kinda touching. Think I'll call him Borat.
I don't know if it's real or not but it sure is cute.  LOL

Wow, now that is odd....so very clear, could this be real?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26 2008 - 07:45PM »
That seemed like it could've been filmed from very high up, looked like a child maybe. Then again......

Offline nothingtoseehere

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #20 on: Aug 26 2008 - 10:59PM »
For original post, The Sun is a British rag.  It's a hoax, I'm afraid --> http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/gnome.asp

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: Aug 27 2008 - 10:23AM »
Well we have always figured that it was a hoax but this is the place were we don't shrug off much. I would hate to catch something extraordinary only to have it ignored bcause it fit some kind of profile or mold. But this one video here went either way with me. It's in a park were there are kids so yeah the first thing you think is that it's a little kid in his play suite. But then you try and give the poster the bennifit of a doubt and he says there were 2 but he only captures 1.  In the end ...I do agree that it is more than likely a hoax and 99% of my brain knows it.  It's just that 1% that is still full of wonder at the universe and that's what makes it fun.   :^:
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Aug 27 2008 - 10:25AM »
OH Yeah! I forgot! Thanks for the link Nothing2c! It's good to know what the rest of the world is thinking!  :Y:
~Colleen~

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #23 on: Sep 28 2008 - 07:39PM »
Coleen: I in fact AM on a string!  LOL
All Gnomes are scary to me!  LOL  Did anybody see that episode of King of the Hill with the Gnome?  Funny stuff.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline nothingtoseehere

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #24 on: Oct 15 2008 - 07:47PM »
I've been gone a bit, sorry.  Soooo busy!  So, this is a bit old for a reply, but just real quick, I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to one-up them or anything. I just figure that when something is confirmed to be a hoax, I'd like to know so that I can move on to other things we can check out.  I do enjoy this stuff, and I'm a true believer.  But if I know something is a hoax and can point to proof, I thought it was good to post that.  Is that ok?  Lemme know if that's not ok.  No offense intended, guys!

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #25 on: Oct 15 2008 - 08:32PM »
I've been gone a bit, sorry.  Soooo busy!  So, this is a bit old for a reply, but just real quick, I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to one-up them or anything. I just figure that when something is confirmed to be a hoax, I'd like to know so that I can move on to other things we can check out.  I do enjoy this stuff, and I'm a true believer.  But if I know something is a hoax and can point to proof, I thought it was good to post that.  Is that ok?  Lemme know if that's not ok.  No offense intended, guys!

I don't quite follow what you are saying?  Do you know this is a hoax, or are you asking if it is............

We also want to know if things are hoaxes or debunked, so that we can update a post.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: Oct 19 2008 - 01:53PM »
I don't quite follow what you are saying?  Do you know this is a hoax, or are you asking if it is............

We also want to know if things are hoaxes or debunked, so that we can update a post.

Ghost1.....If you go to the link that "Nothing2chere" provided in a few replies back. It states that one of the first and most compelling of the videos is "believed" to be a hoax because of the fact that there seemed to be 2 different camera phone videos of the same fleeting incident....AND....the fact that the only newspaper able to find these "scared to death" residents of the community was the tabloid "Sun Times".  In no way does the article give any hard core facts either way. It is still unknown as to whether or not the camera phone video was authentic but it resembles other videos involved in hoax's.

Also the latest video posted here was not even referred to in the article for which the link was supplied.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/gnome.asp
~Colleen~

Offline nothingtoseehere

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #27 on: Oct 27 2008 - 01:14PM »
I was actually saying that it's a confirmed hoax per snopes (I tend to go with whatever snopes says).  Was not asking if it was a hoax.

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 11 2009 - 01:30PM »
Man, that's crazy. I have a whole bunch of lawn gnomes in my room, now I'm afraid they're gonna come alive and eat me. D:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #29 on: Mar 11 2009 - 01:35PM »
Man, that's crazy. I have a whole bunch of lawn gnomes in my room, now I'm afraid they're gonna come alive and eat me. D:

Just put bells around all there necks, that way if they move at night you'll hear them.   :*: