Author Topic: 10 Things you should remember if you see a UFO  (Read 5157 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
10 Things you should remember if you see a UFO
« on: Mar 15 2008 - 05:28PM »
10 Things you should remember if you see a UFO

1. The number one thing to remember is REMAIN CALM! But protect yourself from any hazards real or perceived. Be prepared to take evasive (but not aggressive) action to get out of its way. Remember you might be witnessing the event of a lifetime and will want to remember every detail and you can't do that if you are hysterical.

2. Be objective. Not every UFO is extraterrestrial, eliminate every other possibility (within your means) first. Only after that should you consider the possibility that what you saw might be a true UFO.

3. Use a camcorder or camera to record the event. Try to keep reference points in the field of view, as this will aid researchers in analyzing the film. If you do not have a camera or camcorder then draw pictures of what you saw and the area around it.

4. If you have a tape recorder, record your description of the event as it happens. Include reference points on this tape also. I.e. "I am about 10 yards for the big oak tree and the craft is 30 yards beyond that". If you don't have a tape recorder write down your observations right after the event.

5. If other witnesses are present ask them to also write or record their observations but do NOT discuss the event with them (at least until after your observations have been recorded) as investigators want to know what you saw not what your neighbor saw.

6. If the UFO left some trace of its presence behind do not disturb the area around it and restrict access to the site (its not a crime any more, its now a crime scene). Photograph the area around the site before you enter the area and make note of the exact position of every thing! Take close up photos or videotape of the evidence before touching it. Remember you don't know what you're touching, where it came from or what type of hazards might be associated with it!

7. If the sighting is from a distance, at an arms length, what would it take to cover up the object? A Quarter? A Penny? A Dime? An Aspirin? Or would it take something bigger? A Golf ball? A baseball? Or a Tennis ball?

8. Try to judge the distance from you to the object, the object's altitude, and its speed. Was it across the street or was it over the next field? Was it tree top level or was it a few hundred feet up? Did it cross the sky in 5 seconds or 5 minuets?

9. Should you encounter some type extraterrestrial being associated with the craft be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself. From a safe distance, in a concealed position photograph or video tape the being. If you are unable to safely get photos of the being, draw and write down a description as soon as it is safe to do so.

10. Immediately report the event to a UFO research origination for investigation, there are several such organizations around the world. The Mutual UFO Network [MUFON] is the largest and most noted of these organizations, with investigators in all 50 states and around the world.

Courtesy of http://www.subversiveelement.com/SubversiveElement.html

How to report a UFO sighting

National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena (NICAP)
www.nicap.org

If you are in Law Enforcement, or in the scientific communitee, you can contact
Citizens against UFO Secrecy (CUFOS)
www.cufos.org

If you are a pilot, you can contact the National Aviation Reporting Center for Anamolous
Phenomena (NARCAP)
www.narcap.org

The following information would be helpful to know, even when reporting a sighting

Date of sighting?
Time of sighting (include time zone, am or pm)?
How long did the sighting last?
City, state of sighting (or nation, province, etc.)?
How many other witnesses?
Just lights, or shape discernable?
Color of lights and/or object/s?
Number of lights and/or objects?
Apparent altitude?
Direction of travel?
Apparent brightness?
Path of travel (straight, curved, etc.)?
Any pictures or video?
Any sound?
Any aircraft around?
Can you illustrate what was seen?
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: 10 Things you should remember if you see a UFO
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16 2008 - 02:36PM »
That is some very good info, however who can stay calm and remember this if there's a UFO outside your house.... :*:   
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
More about if you think you see a UFO
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21 2008 - 08:23PM »
Many people often mistake common aircraft as UFO's due to the way planes sometimes appear in the sky.
Here is a chart that describes the light placement on typical passenger jets.
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26 2008 - 10:45AM »
i'm not impressed by cut and paste tactics, maybe you should stick to what ever you are good at
« Last Edit: Sep 20 2010 - 06:38AM by Tenbears »

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26 2008 - 03:33PM »
Thanks I try

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22 2010 - 09:39PM »
You're right Ghost. kn How am I suppose to remember those 10 things if I see a UFO? It's hard enough remembering where my coffee cup is in the morning :giggle2:

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline Roberta

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15 2010 - 12:39AM »
When I saw my first one back around 1973, I ran indoors and tried to climb under my bed.  I don't know how I would react now being much older and unable to run like that.   :wink:
Carpe Noctem  :death: