Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries DB Cooper  (Read 2160 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
Unsolved Mysteries DB Cooper
« on: Mar 17 2008 - 05:35PM »

D. B. Cooper (aka "Dan Cooper") is an alias of an aircraft hijacker who, on November 24, 1971, after receiving a ransom payout of US$200,000,jumped from the back of a Boeing 727 as it was flying over the Pacific Northwest of the United States somewhere over the Cascade Mountains, possibly over Woodland, Washington.No conclusive evidence has surfaced regarding Cooper's whereabouts; the FBI believes he did not survive the jump.Several theories offer competing explanations of what happened after his famed jump.

Three significant clues have turned up in the case. In late 1978, a placard, which contained instructions on how to lower the aft stairs of a 727, believed to be from the rear stairway of the plane from which Cooper jumped, was found just a few flying minutes north of Cooper's projected drop zone. In February 1980, eight-year-old Brian Ingram found approximately $5,800 in decaying $20 bills on the banks of the Columbia River. The nature of Cooper's escape and the uncertainty of his fate continue to intrigue people. The Cooper case (code-named "Norjak" by the FBI) remains an unsolved mystery.

In October of 2007, the FBI announced it obtained a partial DNA profile of Cooper from the tie he left on the hijacked plane.On December 31, 2007, the FBI revived the unclosed case by publishing never before seen composite sketches and fact sheets online in an attempt to trigger memories that could possibly identify Cooper. In a press release, the FBI reiterated that it does not believe Cooper survived the jump, but expressed an interest in obtaining his identity.
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Unsolved Mysteries DB Cooper
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17 2008 - 06:00PM »
That was pretty good, I've seen this before though.  I've always wondered if he made it or not, I tend to think he did because I'm sure it was well planed out..............After all you don't jump from a 727 without thinking?

BTW....I must have missed the paranormal part in there, I didn't see a single ghost, demon or monster   :*:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
Re: Unsolved Mysteries DB Cooper
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17 2008 - 06:18PM »
Paranormal is an umbrella term for a variety of anomalous phenomena.

Jumping from a 727 could be a anomalous phenomena  ;) ;)
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com