Author Topic: Fire in the Sky  (Read 1399 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
Fire in the Sky
« on: Mar 22 2008 - 07:29PM »

This picture was taken on a warm Sunny afternoon in July 1980 at Three Valley Gap which is located 12 miles west of Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada. The woman and her sister were standing in the motel park with a steep mountain wall behind them. Why is the mountain cut off vertically and what are the strange swirling lights in the sky? The camera was a Balda Folding Roll Film Camera, 120 size Kodacolor, 1/200 of a second at F- 11.

Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Twilightsm

• Mere Mortal
Re: Fire in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24 2008 - 06:04PM »
That is a classic image...  but very interresting none the less!

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24 2008 - 06:44PM »
Thanks and welcome to Bachelor's Grove Forums  che che
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07 2008 - 04:11PM »
OK to me this is the same as the picture at Fort Mifflin. The one with the scenery on the wall that some thought would be a reflection. I think they are both portals to another dimension. That's just my opinion. They are both beautiful photos and very enchanting.   :Y:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07 2008 - 08:15PM »
U never know what they could be. I can agree that they are portals from somewhere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09 2008 - 09:15AM »
I think it just might be heat lightning, it strikes without thunder and in hot weather.  This poster said, "This picture was taken on a warm Sunny afternoon in July"    cher

[float=right][/float] Heat lightning is a misnomer for the faint flashes of lightning on the horizon or other clouds from distant thunderstorms that do not have accompanying sounds of thunder. Heat lightning was named because it often occurs on hot summer nights, and to distinguish it from lightning with accompanying thunder.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09 2008 - 11:54AM »
 :Y: :Y:

Good find Ghost.....

I want to believe

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21 2008 - 10:00AM »
This does seem to be a very plausible explanation for this picture. I agree with you Ghost.

I think it just might be heat lightning, it strikes without thunder and in hot weather.  This poster said, "This picture was taken on a warm Sunny afternoon in July"    cher

[float=right][/float] Heat lightning is a misnomer for the faint flashes of lightning on the horizon or other clouds from distant thunderstorms that do not have accompanying sounds of thunder. Heat lightning was named because it often occurs on hot summer nights, and to distinguish it from lightning with accompanying thunder.

~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com