Author Topic: EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about Orbs.  (Read 12410 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about Orbs.
« on: Dec 08 2007 - 12:38PM »
This is a must read for anyone interested in paranormal research!

Here is a very interesting link with EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about Orb's.  This page has 28 links to anything at all Orb related including theory's and scientific evidence.

I'm sorry to say, for most of you Orb Hunters out there very few Orb's are of a Paranormal nature. However some of them are, but far less then you would think.

Click here to read:
Everything you ever wanted to know about Orb's

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about Orbs.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08 2007 - 02:19PM »
Wow....that is a great link.  Answered a lot of questions.  Not I know that most of my pictures are nothing.  I always knew that the ones with bunches of Orbs was nothing.  But I now question my single orb pictures. 

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08 2007 - 02:40PM »
Thank you for the great link =D> =D> bo bo
Heather & Maggie

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08 2007 - 09:32PM »
You weren't kidding, this is the motherload of info on Orb's.

Thanks for the link!  bo

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22 2007 - 01:36PM »
Ok, I did hours of research again today on Orb's on dozens of sites.  All of them for the most part say that over 98% of Orb's are environmental Orb's (dust, moisture, rain, bugs).  However there are a small present of real one's too. 

Here is more info and pictures I found on Orb's, including some supposed real Orb pictures......... Qu

Generally speaking, if you see diffraction rings in an orb, it is definitely dust as this phenomena occurs (in a photographic sense) only in very small and microscopic objects.
There are other signs to look for as well.
A corona is produced by diffraction of light by small particles. Every point on the illuminated surface is a source of scattered outgoing spherical waves ( Huygens-Fresnel Principle ).
Scattering from only two points is shown on the diagram. Along the central axis, the incident light direction, the crests of the two scattered waves always coincide to form a region where the light is strong.
Moving away from the axis, there is a direction where the crests again coincide to give beams of enhanced brightness at an angle to the incident light. In between there is a region where crests of one wave coincide with those of opposite amplitude of the other. The two waves cancel and there is darkness in those directions.

Real Orbs Pictures?
[float=left][/float]

There is a another coincidence of wave crests at a larger angle and the light intensity is again enhanced. With increasing angular distance from the axis there are alternating bright and dark regions, a diffraction pattern.

In reality, light is scattered from all around the particle periphery and other low intensity waves arise from reflection and transmission through the particle. The net wave amplitude at any point is the sum of the amplitude vectors, not intensities, of all the individual waves. The result is a very bright central region surrounded by less bright rings, a corona.

Corona formation, to a good approximation, needs no knowledge of the particle's interior because the surface scattered waves predominate. It could be water, ink or coal - the pattern is almost the same. It depends primarily on the particle's size, shape and the wavelength of the light.

There is no need for the particle to be transparent nor even spherical. Small ice crystals, pollen grains and large dust particles all form corona. A white light corona is the sum of all the corona contributions from each spectral color.
Usually there will be more than one dust orbs in the photos, and you get them most of the time at the location. Note that dust orbs are more likely to show up in a large number when you disturb the environment, such as when you just step into an empty room. You can analyze this effect in an image editing program by simply increasing the brightness of the photo.

Fake Orb Pictures, diffraction rings & the corona effect.

[float=left][/float]

Some photographs show geometric shapes, such as diamonds and octagon . This is caused by a lens curvature error known as "Coma", cameras with very small lenses and short focal lengths (such as digital cameras) are more prone to coma than other cameras with longer focal length lenses, such as SLR cameras. When an object with a similar shape as the aperture of the camera lens is brought out-of-focus, the object will begin to take the shape of the aperture. In other words, if the aperture of the camera is an octagon, an out-of-focus dust orb will begin to take the shape of an octagon, particularly towards the center of the image.

The other 2% of "orb" photos.

There are roughly 2% of "orb" photos that cannot be explained. These photos either have an orb obscured by another object (showing that it is in focus) or show a definite change of movement and they are unidentifiable by all of the categories and techniques listed above. However a lack of data does not necessary prove that unidentifiable orbs are ghosts.

RAIN ORBS   [float=right][/float]
Just a raindrop, illuminated by the camera's flash.  Often, these type "orbs" appear to be going upwards in direction; this is a dead giveaway for rain and/or snow in most cases'. But don't be fooled, it's nothing supernatural.

So, if tailed orbs are raindrops, why do the tails usually go down instead of up? And why isn't the camera flash, which typically only takes a thousandth of a second, fast enough to freeze the movement of falling raindrops?

Rain typically falls at 0.5 cm in one thousandth of a second (though it varies a lot). This is ample to show up as a trail when the drop is inside the orb zone, just a few cm from the camera lens. Though the tails go downwards, it is usually at a diagonal because of the wind which easily deflects rain.

So why do the tails fade away downwards? This is because the photo uses a full flash discharge. When a subject is too far away to illuminate, the flash goes on for a longer time than usual and fades away gradually. It also takes longer, allowing the raindrop to fall further while illuminated and show producing a tail.

Ok there you go, Orb's explained again.........I hope this helps all you ghost hunters out there.  Orb's are such a touchy subject, you just don't know what to say or do with them.  However remember all the experts do agree, 2% of them are real.

Great Hunting!   :Y:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21 2008 - 03:59PM »
This is a great post
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28 2008 - 12:27AM »
What are Orbs? dust particles picked up by optical lens.
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 07:05PM by Tenbears »

Offline Hellboy

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05 2011 - 07:20PM »
There is some great info in here Ghost1, thanks for the great work.  I used to think all orb's where ghosts..  emb

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12 2011 - 05:30PM »
There is some great info in here Ghost1, thanks for the great work.  I used to think all orb's where ghosts..  emb

Thank You, I worked on that post for quite a while.  I wanted people to understand what was and wasn't a real ORB.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13 2011 - 03:16PM »
Have you noticed that orbs are more prevalent with digital cameras? You will get them with film but a lot more with digital. I wonder why. Do they see more or do they matrix more?
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13 2011 - 03:33PM »
Have you noticed that orbs are more prevalent with digital cameras? You will get them with film but a lot more with digital. I wonder why. Do they see more or do they matrix more?

I'm a bit busy to quote you the exact reason why right now, but your quite right digital cameras are way more likely to do it.  It's something to do with there optics, that differ from a standed film camera.  It's printed in one of the links I posted, but I don't remember which one.

Offline AmaraChan

• Mere Mortal
  • Come play
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21 2011 - 10:26PM »
I dont believe that a lot of the orbs are real spirits or ghosts. I have a couple pictures ill post if i can get my scanner working. I used to live in a apartment that we often occured unusal events that we couldnt explain. From foot steps in the hall at night, slamming doors, Something moving around in our kitchen, opening cabinets and moving pans to Growls, harsh breathing, whispers and Hisses of the bad kind.

I took photos of Family gatherings (christmas actually) In a couple of the photes there were odd balls/orbs of light where they shouldn't be. There arent any light sources for these Orbs and in other photos i actually have a movin ball of red light. It's very tiny but it actually has a trail to it and doesn't show up in any of the other pictures after the one it showed in.

We are now in a differ apartment. All the menacing feelings and occurances are a thing of the past. I truly believe that the apartment i was in for 14 years of my life was haunted. I'll post the pictures when i get the chance and you can see them :D

Im a true believer in these things unknown. They are things no one can describe or explain,  many fear and i search for.

From a young age i learned that things do exist that frighten and amaze people.

Curiousity got the better of me :3 Meow!

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22 2011 - 01:55AM »
Looking forward to seeing your pictures