Author Topic: The Right Brain vs Left Brain  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The Right Brain vs Left Brain
« on: Mar 26 2008 - 09:41AM »
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

[float=right][/float]

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: The Right Brain vs Left Brain
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26 2008 - 09:54AM »
Ok, now this is really weird.  When I look at it it always turns right, even the whole time I was posting it.

Then the phone rang and I was looking at the caller ID, when I looked back it was going left.............. Qu  Just now I looked back as I'm writing this post again and it's now right.  Very Odd.

Ok.... kn  I just was proof reading this post and looked down and it's left again.  It appears that I use both sides at different time.  When I consintrat it seems to go left, then any other time It's right.  For the most part it's right 90% of the time.  What a interesting test.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26 2008 - 10:35AM »
OK I want someone to tell me that I'm wrong on this but I thought about it very hard before I actually made up my mind. I'm not sure what the writers purpose in this is but in my humble opinion the dancer actually changes directions. I cannot think of any way that our brain would not distinguish a right leg from a left leg but I'm telling you that when this dancer goes to the right her left leg is on the ground and her right leg is in the air. When she changes positions it is obvious that her left leg is then on the ground and her right leg is in the air. I noticed this first i think because of my training in skating. When you are on skates and you want to turn in one direction you have to use the leg that is in the air for momentum. If I were to turn in the other direction and yet kept the same exact leg in the air the momentum would be off. So at first when the dancer changed directions I imediately noticed that it didn't feel awkward to me as though her momentum was off. So to be sure I watched and kept up with which leg was in the air and witch one was on the ground and then I tried to reason if there would be any way that an illusion could make me think I was looking at her left leg and then it turns into her right leg but I do not think that would be possible. Please tell me what you think right away cause this is truly perplexing me and I don't think I can stop staring at it till I know for sure.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26 2008 - 10:53AM »
I studied this in psychology class, the image is just the same and depends on what side of your brain is being used. Which will determine which way your mind tells you it's going.  About 90% of people will see it going to the anti-clockwise .

If it was two images there would be a pre-determined time in which they switched....which this in not.

* POST UPDATE

I just put this image in my GIF Animator software, there is 34 different pictures.  When I start on the top and scroll down it go's clockwise, when I scroll up it go's anti-clockwise?  Interesting, it must mean that if your brain see's it from the top down or from the bottom up it will rotate different.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26 2008 - 11:00AM »
Well I believe you Ghost. Your the man. If you say it's not changin then I believe you. But I am amazed bcause when the girl is going right and I'm looking at her back I see a left leg on the floor and when she is going left and I am looking at her back I see a right leg on the ground. I am unsure how my brain is not differentiating the right from the left leg when the girl is facing away from me both times. If I'm looking at you and I see your right leg .... your saying that it may not really be your right leg? OK Ghost I'm trustin you on this cause you are the man and you are a lot smarter than I am.  And I'm not even being facetious.    :^:
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26 2008 - 11:12AM »
OMGosh Ghost you are right!!!!!! And your brain does somehow see this!!!!! I looked at it long enough and I just saw it. I don't understand it! I don't have a clue how it's possible but for an instant I could see it both ways and it's definitly the same leg but it switches back and forth in your mind!!! This is truly remarkable but then the brain is truly remarkable!
~Colleen~

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26 2008 - 10:58PM »
that is weird
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28 2008 - 09:50PM »
OK this is really weird.  I have looked at it over and over and over.  It only goes clockwise.  My hubby looked at it and right away said that it was going counter clockwise.  Then he said no it goes both ways at the same time.  What is interesting is that I am left handed and it is said the lefties use the right side of your brain more.  Hubby is right handed. 

Pretty cool ghost. 

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30 2008 - 11:59AM »
I'm still amazed by this but I'm determined not to spend the entire day staring at it again! I literally got nothing done the other day cause I couldn't let this go and here I am drawn right back to it today! Scream!! Somebody save me!!  ter
~Colleen~

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30 2008 - 05:43PM »
Colleen its ok come here

POW right in kisser. That was my weak punch  LOL LOL LOL
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01 2008 - 09:08AM »
I think I used to date her...  maybe not...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 06:59PM by Tenbears »

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04 2008 - 05:50PM »
nice one tenbears

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Apr 06 2008 - 10:23AM »
ter I think I used to date her...  ;)

Who Tenbears? Me or the dancer? I'm confused again..... Qu
~Colleen~