Author Topic: BEK's or "Black Eyed Kids"  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
BEK's or "Black Eyed Kids"
« on: Apr 06 2008 - 04:49PM »
Anyone ever heard of BEK's or "Black Eyed Kids"?? I could fill up a forum with stories of them all by itself. I have a email friend who sends me stories of them all the time .... says she knows one.... dated someone who knew all about them and had contact with them and then there are a few stories here and there on the Internet]
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
RE: BEK's or "Black Eyed Kids"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06 2008 - 05:07PM »
I got this from Sinclair in May 07. I believe this was the first email that I recieved after reading about one of her experiences with a BEK.

Hi Colleen,
It's been a long time since that was posted, and much longer since it happened. The guy's name was Shawn and the one thing I remember the most about him were the two Ankhs tattooed on each arm, one I remember specifically had angel wings. The other, I can't remember. I saw him a few years back, he looked exactly the same, hasn't aged a bit. I said hello, and he immediatly pulled back my shirt collar to look at the tattoos on my back and said "I thought it was you". You see, the last time he had seen me my hair was below my waist and when he saw me then my hair was very short. Even my best friend didn't recognize me with my hair that short. But he did.

As I drove out of the feild, he just looked forward out the windshield. We had heard something that sounded like pounding on the back of my car, and he said that "they" were following us and not to worry that they'd let go soon. The pounding stopped about a mile away from the field. Funnily enough, I couldn't find that field again no matter how hard I tried on my own. I dropped him off at his home, where I was invited in. It was quite a mess, from what I could recall. That was when he bit me on the neck - in a moment of his passion. The goodbye was like any other really, just a hug and see you later. He never said why he bit my neck. I just remember it being light enough to juuust not break the skin, any harder and it would have.

Yes it was the first time I ended up anywhere with a stranger, it's not my style to just go someplace with people that I don't know.. especially a guy.

He showed me hundreds of things that if I hadn't seen with my own eyes, I wouldn't have ever believed.
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06 2008 - 05:13PM »
This one I recieved on May 10 2007

Hi Colleen,
No, Shawn didn't have the eyes, but I remember his eyes glowing this eerie green when  he saw the kid in the window. He seemed unphased by them, to say the least. It was as if he was showing me something really cool. Despite the weirdness, Shawn himself, never posed a threat to me. 

I never asked him what they were, partly because at the time I didn't want to know. I've heard a lot of speculation on what they are. I've heard everything from Vampire to a severly malignant energy someone sends your way, to my own personal belief of a warning. 

No you're not bothering me at all, please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06 2008 - 05:19PM »
Now those are some odd stories, how did you come about this with her.  Meet her on-line in a forum or something, or is this someone you know in person?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06 2008 - 05:31PM »
This was also 10 May 2007

Let's see here.. The first event after the BEK's that Shawn took me to.

It was a graveyard in a nearby town, not more than a half an hour away. For some reason or another I just kept talking to him, he never felt wrong to me, you know?

Anyway, we went to this graveyard, and we began walking with a flashlight in hand, though turned off. We walked for what seemed like forever, and I remember hearing children laughing, which I thought was odd at that time of the night for children to be running around graveyards, but hey, kids are weird.

We stopped about 10 feet away from a stone statue of a beautiful woman sitting on a park bench. Shawn told me to go and touch it, which I did, it was smooth stone. The only thing that I remember making comment about was the fact that it was warm, while stone is generally pretty cool.

We sat down and just waited for about a half an hour, my mind was wandering and I was just watching the moon.. just like the statue of the lady on the bench, she was holding a book in her lap, one hand placed on it. He told me to look, and I did... I didn't notice anything immediatly, but after further srcutiny I saw that the hand that was placed on her face, was moving... it was stroking her face. It was about then that my mouth dropped open. I sat very quietly and watched it for about 10 or so mins.. and then out of nowhere Shawn turned the flashlight on and put it on her face. The face, turned to us, put both hands to her face, and looked like she was screaming. I got up and ran toward the car. I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

We left right then.

~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06 2008 - 05:33PM »
Now those are some odd stories, how did you come about this with her.  Meet her on-line in a forum or something, or is this someone you know in person?

I read her post about the BEK's in another forum and it had her email address so I emailed her and ask if it was fact or fiction and we became email pen pals.
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: BEK's or "Black Eyed Kids"
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07 2008 - 12:30AM »
Here is a interestion article I found all about BEK's "Black Eyed Kids"

Brian Bethel's BEK FAQ Version 1.0

This document is a preliminary attempt to answer all of the common BEK questions before they're asked. I get at least two e-mails a week about this incident, one of many stories I originally posted to Obiwan's Ghost Story of the Day mailing list and alt.folklore.ghost-stories.

"Black Eyed Kids" Faq

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07 2008 - 12:42AM »
I found this story on Black Eyed Kids on Paranormal Phenomena.  This subject kind of freaks me out a bit  ter 

The Black-Eyed Kids
by Tee

I am a 47-year-old woman. The day in question was a normal day for me. I am an apartment manager of over 20 years experience and open my door to strangers every day. Sometimes I don't like the looks of the people that come to my door to see available apartments, but I will still make myself available to show the ready and empty apartments to rent.
[float=right][/float]
On this day, however, I was not willing to even step out of my office door to show to the very creepy young boy who had knocked at my door. He had come in the early afternoon and knocked on my office door. I opened the door to see who it was. He was young boy of about 17 or 18, approximately. He asked me about an open apartment for rent. I remember feeling very scared and shaken by his appearance. He did not look weird by his dress or such. It was his eyes. I remember feeling the hair on my neck stand up, and I was shaking just from looking in his eyes.

I have never felt like this before in all the years I have done this job. I could not look him straight in the eyes. I felt like I was about to die. My instincts told me this. I noticed he was on a bicycle, not in a vehicle. He was not moving toward me or anything, but he was just waiting for me to invite him in or take him to the empty unit. Now, some people may think that I was just over-reacting or something, but the eyes were completely black – like there was no real pupil. He spoke normally to me, but I had to just shut the door in his face and get as far from him as I could. I felt like I was in extreme danger. Only because of the eyes. I think if I had looked any longer into them, I would have not been able to shut that door.

I shook for hours after that. I called my daughter at work and told her about it. She told me about the "black-eyed kids." I am still afraid of that image of his eyes. The black-eyed kids are some young kids that try and get people to invite them into their cars or homes,etc. – and the people end up dead.

There were two incidents that occurred in Portland, Oregon here that I heard about. I just tried to look up anything I could about them, but there isn't a lot of info on them. Just be warned, do not allow any kids with the dark eyes inside your home or vehicles, no matter how young or persistant they are. My daughter, who is a fan of Art Bell, told me about your site. I just felt moved to write my story.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08 2008 - 10:11AM »
A little more info on "Black Eyed Kids"

Here are a few things that seem to be constants in BEK reports. Whether you use this information for your interest in the subject or debunking strategies is up to you.

1. Almost all cases occur at night or late afternoon just around dusk. Is the preference of night an instinctive strategy for the BEKs? Does our instilled fear of the dark somehow assist them with their scare tactics? Or maybe it is simply easier for them to approach their target undetected while moving about in the night.

2. The need to be invited in, as stated before, certainly reminds us of vampires. And while I personally don't believe in vampires, I can easily entertain the notion that the BEKs might be evil spirits or demons. If, that is, they are real to begin with.

3. The black eyes are obviously their most striking feature. It has been argued on several forums that if the BEKs are so sinister and crafty, why don't they just wear sunglasses to cover up this demonic feature? An easy counter to this is the fact that their eyes seem to be the source of the overpowering fear that people experience. Therefore, by obstructing their eyes with sunglasses, any sort of hypnotic suggestion via eye contact would be eliminated.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08 2008 - 10:57AM »
I have read stories of BEK's that supposedly happened in the afternoon. At a mall and another at an intersection on the street. Though the eyes are the feature that frightens ppl it also seems that the eyes are their source of power. Therefore wearing glasses would leave them unable to use their weapon. Survivors all say that it felt as though they were fighting a hypnotic suggestion telling them to open a door and let the kid in and that it got stronger when they were looking into the eyes. They all felt that the only way they survived was to fight back the urge to look into the eyes and that made it possible to fight the urge to let them in. One lady at the mall parking lot said that the kid ask for a ride for him and his little brother and when she forced herself to break away from his gaze he began to fight with her trying to make her look at his eyes but as she broke away from him and jumped into her car he began to pound on the window and scream "look at me lady!"  I have been trying to find this story to post it here but can no longer get into the website that it was on.
~Colleen~

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29 2008 - 10:38PM »
Black-Eyed Kids or just plan scary.  I think I would have a stroke if one of them came knocking on my door asking to come in.

This picture gives me the chills.   ter

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #11 on: May 04 2008 - 01:22AM »
 ter Creepy  ter

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #12 on: May 21 2008 - 07:12PM »
Black-Eyed Kids: Brian Bethel's Story

[float=left][/float]
My Internet Service Provider used to have offices in a shopping center before they moved to their (comparatively) lush accommodations elsewhere. There was a drop box at that original location. The monthly bill was due, and thus, there but for the Grace of the Net I went.

It was about 9:30 p.m. when I left. From my relatively isolated apartments, it's about 10-15 minutes or so to downtown (Abilene has a population of about 110,000).

Right next to Camalott Communications' old location is a $1.50 movie theater. At the time, the place was featuring that masterwork of modern film, Mortal Kombat. I drove by the theater on the way into the center proper and pulled into an empty parking space.

Using the glow of the marquee to write out my check, I was startled to hear a knock on the driver's-side window of my car.

I looked over and saw two children staring at me from street. I need to describe them, with the one feature (you can guess what it was) that I didn't realize until about half-way through the conversation cleverly omitted.

Both appeared to be in that semi-mystical stage of life children get into where you can't exactly tell their age. Both were boys, and my initial impression is that they were somewhere between 10-14.

Boy No. 1 was the spokesman. Boy No. 2 didn't speak during the entire conversation -- at least not in words.

Boy No. 1 was slightly taller than his companion, wearing a pull-over, hooded shirt with a sort of gray checked pattern and jeans. I couldn't see his shoes. His skin was olive-colored and had curly, medium-length brown hair. He exuded an air of quiet confidence.

Boy No. 2 had pale skin with a trace of freckles. His primary characteristic seemed to be looking around nervously. He was dressed in a similar manner to his companion, but his pull-over was a light green color. His hair was a sort of pale orange.

They didn't appear to be related, at least directly.

"Oh, great," I thought. "They're gonna hit me up for money." And then the air changed.

I've explained this before, but for the benefit of any new lurkers out there, right before I experience something strange, there's a change in perception that comes about which I describe in the above manner. It's basically enough time to know it's too late. 

So, there I was, filling out a check in my car (which was still running) and in a sudden panic over the appearance of two little boys. I was confused, but an overwhelming sense of fear and unearthliness rushed in nonetheless.

The spokesman smiled, and the sight for some inexplicable reason chilled my blood. I could feel fight-or-flight responses kicking in. Something, I knew instinctually, was not right, but I didn't know what it could possibly be.

I rolled down the window very, very slightly and asked "Yes?"

The spokesman smiled again, broader this time. His teeth were very, very white.

"Hey, mister, what's up? We have a problem," he said. His voice was that of a young man, but his diction, quiet calm and ... something I still couldn't put my finger on ... made my desire to flee even greater. "You see, my friend and I want to see the films, but we forgot our money," he continued. "We need to go to our house to get it. Want to help us out?"

Okay. Journalists are required to talk to lots of people, and that includes children. I've seen and spoken to lots of them. Here's how that usually goes:

"Uh ... M ... M ... Mister? Can I see that camera? I ... I won't break it or anything. I promise. My dad has a camera, and he lets me hold it sometimes, I guess, and I took a picture of my dog -- it wasn's very good, 'cause I got my finger in the way and ..."

Add in some feet shuffling and/or body swaying and you've got a typical kid talking to a stranger.

In short, they're usually apologetic. People generally teach children that when they talk to adults, they're usually bothering them for one reason or another and they should at least be polite.

This kid was in no way fitting the mold. His command of language was incredible and he showed no signs of fear. He spoke as if my help was a foregone conclusion. When he grinned, it was as if he was trying to say, "I know something ... and you're NOT gonna like it. But the only way you're going to find out what it is will be to do what I say ..."

"Uh, well ..." was the best reply I could offer.

Now here's where it starts to get strange.

The quiet companion looked at the spokesman with a mixture of confusion and guilt on his face. He seemed in some ways shocked, not with his friend's brusque manner but that I didn't just immediately open the door.

He eyed me nervously.

The spokesman seemed a bit perturbed, too. I still was registering something wrong with both.

"C'mon, mister," the spokesman said again, smooth as silk. Car salesmen could learn something from this kid. "Now, we just want to go to our house. And we're just two little boys."

That really scared me. Something in the tone and diction again sent off alarm bells. My mind was frantically trying to process what it was perceiving about the two figures that was "wrong."

"Eh. Um ...." was all I could manage. I felt myself digging my fingernails into the steering wheel.

"What movie were you going to see?" I asked finally.

"Mortal Kombat, of course," the spokesman said. The silent one nodded in affirmation, standing a few paces behind.

"Oh," I said. I stole a quick glance at the marquee and at the clock in my car. Mortal Kombat had been playing for an hour, the last showing of the evening.

The silent one looked increasingly nervous. I think he saw my glances and suspected that I might be detecting something was not above-board.

"C'mon, mister. Let us in. We can't get in your car until you do, you know," the spokesman said soothingly. "Just let us in, and we'll be gone before you know it. We'll go to our mother's house."

We locked eyes.

To my horror, I realized my hand had strayed toward the door lock (which was engaged) and was in the process of opening it. I pulled it away, probably a bit too violently. But it did force me to look away from the children.

I turned back. "Er ... Um ...," I offered weakly and then my mind snapped into sharp focus.

For the first time, I noticed their eyes.

They were coal black. No pupil. No iris. Just two staring orbs reflecting the red and white light of the marquee.

At that point, I know my expression betrayed me. The silent one had a look of horror on his face in a combination that seemed to indicate: A) The impossible had just happened and B) "We've been found out!"

The spokesman, on the other hand, wore a mask of anger. His eyes glittered brightly in the half-light.

"Cmon, mister," he said. "We won't hurt you. You have to LET US IN. We don't have a gun ..."

That last statement scared the living hell out of me, because at that point by his tone he was plainly saying, "We don't NEED a gun."

He noticed my hand shooting down toward the gear shift. The spokesman's final words contained an anger that was complete and whole, and yet contained in some respects a tone of panic:

"WE CAN'T COME IN UNLESS YOU TELL US IT'S OKAY. LET ... US .... IN!"

I ripped the car into reverse (thank goodness no one was coming up behind me) and tore out of the parking lot. I noticed the boys in my peripheral vision, and I stole a quick glance back.

They were gone. The sidewalk by the theater was deserted.

I drove home in a heightened state of panic. Had anyone attempted to stop me, I would have run on through and faced the consequences later.

I bolted into my house, scanning all around -- including the sky.

What did I see? Maybe nothing more than some kids looking for a ride.

And some really funky contacts. Yeah, right.

A friend suggested they were vampires, what with the old "let us in" bit and my compelled response to open the door. That and the "we'll go see our mother" thing.

I'm still not sure what they were, but here's an epilogue I find chilling:

I talk about Chad a lot. He's still my best friend, my best ghost-hunting companion and an all-around cool guy. He recently moved to Amarillo, but at the time this happened was still living in San Angelo of Ram Page fame.

I called him and talked to him briefly. He had two female friends with him at the time, both professing some type of psychic ability.

I started telling him the story, leaving out the part about the black eyes for the kicker. One of the women (we were on a speakerphone) stopped me.

"These children had black eyes, right?" she asked. "I mean, all-black eyes?"

"Er ... Yes." I said. I was a bit taken aback.

"Hmmm," she said. "One night last week, I had a dream about children with black eyes. They were outside my house, wanting to be let in, but there was something wrong with them. It took me a while to realize it was the eyes."

I hadn't even gotten as far as them wanting to come in.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I kept the doors and windows locked," she said. "I knew if they came in, they would kill me."

She paused.

"And they would have killed you, too, if you had let them into your car."

So, from this extra-long post, we have three unanswered questions:

A) What did I see?

B) What would have happened if I opened my car door?

C) Why does Chad always get the cool psychic chicks? ;)

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #13 on: May 21 2008 - 09:56PM »
 :Y: :Y: To GHOST1
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 24 2008 - 11:28AM »
I have read Brian's story many times but each time I read it there are chills down my spine.  He is a great writer and I have somewhat clung to the hope that this is a story but after chatting with him online for a bit I no longer believe that he would do that. 
~Colleen~