Author Topic: Hyena in Mississippi?????  (Read 3171 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
Hyena in Mississippi?????
« on: Apr 09 2008 - 05:32PM »
Tim McCary of Mississippi has exclusively shared the following video with Cryptomundo. The creature caught with his game video cam was photographed last fall 2007, in southwest Mississippi. Specifically, it was taken in a place called “Anna’s Bottom,” just north of Natchez, Mississippi.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=716370715668263783
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Hyena in Mississippi?????
« Reply #1 on: May 25 2008 - 11:40AM »
Darn.....this video isn't available any longer. I sure would have liked to see it.  :V:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline SethBuka

• Official Jr. Ghost Hunter
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 25 2008 - 01:36PM »
it looks like a hyena :)   but could very well be a wild dog or something of that sort

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: May 25 2008 - 05:30PM »
I am from Mississippi. Actually grew up around Natchez. I've traveled the Natchez Trace many times. I'm not sure about Hyena's but we have a lot of Cayotes down there and we even have a lot of them were I live now in Memphis, TN. I believe the Hyenas are a little bit more premative than the Cayotes but to me this one sure does look like a Hyena.  Also I did watch a show on the discovery channel about Hyenas about a year ago and this guy was basically living with a pack of them. It had taken him years to be accepted into this one pack that were completely wild and then he would find cubs and raise them and try and get them to be accepted into the pack.....which was a very hard thing to do. They don't readily accept outsiders.  But the reason he was doing this was bcause the wild Hyenas are an endangered species.

You are right SethBuka....... it could have been a wild dog or a cayote that was walking funny. Qu But the tail was cropped like a Hyena and it did appear to have the spots.  Also the hair was short and choppy like the Hyena. It really does look like a Hyena.

Oh yeah Survivorman......after you watched it I went back and tried and it let me watch the video also. Hmmm don't know what was up with that..?? Qu
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com