Author Topic: James Randi exposes psychic frauds  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
James Randi exposes psychic frauds
« on: Apr 22 2008 - 09:48AM »
James Randi is a leader in the skeptical community who has been debunking paranormal and supernatural claims for most of his life. A magician himself James Randi is excellent at exposing the frauds that make up the paranormal and psychic communities. He offers a one million prize to anyone who can prove a paranormal claim scientifically and to this day nobody has won the money. Sylvia Browne has been ducking him for quite some time.

James Randi exposes James Hydrick

Absolutely none of the people can perform their paranormal acts under controlled conditions that take cheating out of the equation, hmmmm I wonder why. Time and time again the frauds(I mean psychics) have to come up with lame excuses as to why their con (I mean powers) won't work in a test. Here you see James Hydrick perform his "miracle" and 10 minutes later fail at the same miracle when cheating is taken out of the equation.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
Re: James Randi exposes psychic frauds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29 2008 - 11:33PM »
I have seen this guy before and have heard of his 1 million dollar challenge, I think he's great.  Just watch these two videos and you'll see it too!  He busted these fake psychics on national TV too, I love the look on there faces.

Look out Sylvia Browne
  :*:

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: May 04 2008 - 11:12AM »
I am going to have to watch this one later.  My internet seems to be running really slow and the video keeps glitching.  That drives me crazy.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21 2008 - 10:25PM »
That guy just got punked.
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13 2008 - 07:07PM »
I have seen this guy before and have heard of his 1 million dollar challenge, I think he's great.  Just watch these two videos and you'll see it too!  He busted these fake psychics on national TV too, I love the look on there faces.

Look out Sylvia Browne
  :*:

Yep she's got it comin' and I hope I'm nearby when she gets it so I can clap and give a standing ovation! =D>
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25 2008 - 01:35AM »
Has anyone read any of the Challenge Proposals on James Randi's site?

They are DAMN funny!

I'm wondering if he'd accept my challenge of being able to start/turn on electrical objects with touch?  Hmm...
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:52AM »
Has anyone read any of the Challenge Proposals on James Randi's site?

They are DAMN funny!

I'm wondering if he'd accept my challenge of being able to start/turn on electrical objects with touch?  Hmm...

ooh ooh MM do it! Maybe if we all send in emails letting him know that we want him to accept your proposal then he will have to pay attention! Let me know if you need me to email him or not. That would be so cool if you could collect on his money challenge!! ;)
~Colleen~

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18 2008 - 02:02AM »
ooh ooh MM do it! Maybe if we all send in emails letting him know that we want him to accept your proposal then he will have to pay attention! Let me know if you need me to email him or not. That would be so cool if you could collect on his money challenge!! ;)

Everything to the stars and back KNOWS that I actually NEED the money... not that I need the entire amount, but damn... it would feel good for once to not have to worry for a while!!!  =)

I'm considering it.  Seriously.  I need to fine-tune things and bring that "ability" so to speak back up to speed, as it's one of the many things that I have actually worked at kinda turning DOWN.  I got tired of driving down darkened highways and resetting clocks just by being in the room with them.  LOL  I actually had to buy one of those clocks that gets the time from the satellite, because otherwise I would have to reset the time on our bedroom clock 3-4 times a NIGHT because my being there would make it speed up.  And no, it wasn't just THAT particular clock, because it happens (happened) in hotels, 3 different clocks we bought, etc.  NO fun in that when alarms are being relied on!!!  LOL

I finally had to stop using my mother's microwave, too, just recently, because whenever I touched it, the display panel would go out, and then I'd have to send the next 10 minutes or so trying to get it to come back.  *sigh*  I just finally gave up, and now someone has to use it FOR me.  Heh.
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21 2008 - 02:11PM »
I've never had to use an alarm clock. For some reason I have always been able to tell myself what time to wake up and whala I just wake up at that time.  Of course I am not a deep sleeper either and I think that might the reason. I'm so afraid of oversleeping that maybe I worry about it all night. I dunno for sure but anyone that's ever known me enough to know about that is kinda freaked out by it...lol

But having to set the clocks and especially the microwave or the coffeepot control panel would definitely be a pain in the butt.   LOL  But I don't think that I would care at all. If that's what I had to do in order to have you over to my house then it wouldn't bother me a bit.  I know it's a little different for you though cuz you gotta live with it 24/7  lol   Thank goodness for Satelite huh?

Well whatever support you need for this test you can count on me MM.
~Colleen~