Author Topic: A Documentary on The Sci Fi Channel  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
A Documentary on The Sci Fi Channel
« on: May 05 2008 - 06:55PM »
I just happened across an anouncement about a documentary coming up on the Sci Fi channel wednsday night 9/ 8 central called Children of The Grave and it's about children's spirits that are supposedly haunting someone or some place or some thing.  It sounds like it will be interesting. You can find the ad on scifi.com .... not sci-fi.com.  I'll try and burn it on dvd if it's any good so I can send it to anyone who doesn't get the sci fi channel so let me know if you want to see it.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
Re: A documentary on The Sci Fi Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 08 2008 - 10:55AM »
I watched this last night (so, as I'm writing this, it's Thursday May 8th) and the documentary itself had some very interesting "content" but I just hated the way it was produced.

"Children of the Grave" is an example of my "pet peeve" when it comes to any sort of documentary relating to the supernatural....they (the producers) go way overboard trying to give it a look and feel that is eerie and mysterious.  They use fast paced editing, bizarre camera angles, tacky special effects, poorly done "recreations" of actual events and try to package the whole thing in a way that I suppose is meant to be entertaining - but for me, personally, all of that just spoils the content.

The picture of the "shadow children" in the woods - (that place called "Zombie Road" in Missouri) was fascinating!

I would have prefered just a very "straight forward" documentary about that!

Actually, any of the different "topics" could have been expanded into it's own documentary and they could have produced something intriguing that was worth watching....but as it was, it just didn't seem like the producers believe that intelligent adults could possibly have an interest in a "paranormal themed documentary" without trying to spice it up or something.  That's too bad, because this really could have been a great show.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: May 08 2008 - 11:10AM »
BobbyBuka,

Here is another really good Video, it's  about Waverly Hills Sanatorium.  It's 60Min's long though, but WELL worth the time..............One of my favorites, and produced well too  :Y: The Ghosts Of the Waverly Hills Sanatorium

Here is a very informative post on Zombie Road also: Zombie Road

Ghost1
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: May 08 2008 - 11:32AM »
Thanks, Ghost1!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: A Documentary on The Sci Fi Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 11 2008 - 07:41PM »
I watched this last night (so, as I'm writing this, it's Thursday May 8th) and the documentary itself had some very interesting "content" but I just hated the way it was produced.

"Children of the Grave" is an example of my "pet peeve" when it comes to any sort of documentary relating to the supernatural....they (the producers) go way overboard trying to give it a look and feel that is eerie and mysterious.  They use fast paced editing, bizarre camera angles, tacky special effects, poorly done "recreations" of actual events and try to package the whole thing in a way that I suppose is meant to be entertaining - but for me, personally, all of that just spoils the content.

The picture of the "shadow children" in the woods - (that place called "Zombie Road" in Missouri) was fascinating!

I would have preferred just a very "straight forward" documentary about that!

Actually, any of the different "topics" could have been expanded into it's own documentary and they could have produced something intriguing that was worth watching....but as it was, it just didn't seem like the producers believe that intelligent adults could possibly have an interest in a "paranormal themed documentary" without trying to spice it up or something.  That's too bad, because this really could have been a great show.

Actually Bobby I agree with you on everything that you have said here except one thing.  And that one thing is about the picture of the shadow ppl on Zombie Rd.  They made that distinction very clear.  When I say very clear I mean as clear as they could have made it with the messed up editing that was done.  That was one of the most confusing and irritating documentaries that I have ever seen.  I watched it twice bcause I was bored and there was nothing else on.   :)  They did keep switching back and forth from the children's grave yard and the Zombie Rd. pictures.  And they did say clearly that the picture of the shadow ppl was from Zombie Rd.  A magnificent picture!!  But did you notice how they would make some statement about an EVP from a child who was begging for help and then some weird music would play for a second and everything would pause and then they would suddenly switch back to the Zombie Rd theme.  Then you would think .... well their going to come back to the EVP but they never would play the EVP or explain themselves. At some point there were even times when they played the same exact sound byte again but never went on with the subject.... it was awful!  They interviewed people who really did not have much to say. In fact I could have given more information than most of the townies that they interviewed....LOL  As you said... there was some decent information in there between all of the crap and I was able to pull more out of it by watching it twice but all-in-all I wouldn't have recommended it had I seen it first. Really the best part of it were the pictures of Zombie Rd and they actually took those photographs.  I have seen some of the photos on here before but did not know a lot of the stories behind them.  I liked that they told exactly what was going on when they took them and pointed out were they took them.   

Oh yeah.... at one point when they were walking down Zombie Rd. they made a really big deal out of something that was going to happen.  They were all walking thru the woods and trying to figure out if the screams they were hearing were from townspeople who were trying to play a trick on them.  They built it up big time.  I mean they had the music thumping and were talking it up like "here we are" "we're getting close to the spot" "this is it coming up" " oh God my heart was pumping when we got this close to the spot" then the music went TA-DA BADUMP and it showed a carved out place in the woods were someone had built a fire and maybe told ghost stories.  I mean if you used your imagination you could have decided that they had been back there doing spells or something but it was ridiculous.. that was it. Nothing else. They didn't even do a closeup of the campfire spot. Just clicked over the other subject... the children's graveyard.   Qu
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com