Author Topic: May 10th 2008, trip  (Read 13168 times)

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
RE: May 10th 2008, trip
« Reply #45 on: May 21 2008 - 11:28PM »
I didn't get that impression of you at all Bobby either.

Colleen.......... never would get the impression of you being that way either honey bo
Heather & Maggie

Offline SethBuka

• Official Jr. Ghost Hunter
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #46 on: May 25 2008 - 01:30PM »
Hey john i saw that photo of me by the well and the ghost face right next to me, u did  awesome  job photoshopping that pic, i showed my girlfriend and she freaked. im liking this board its lots of fun.
Seth  :)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #47 on: May 25 2008 - 01:35PM »
Hey john i saw that photo of me by the well and the ghost face right next to me, u did  awesome  job photoshopping that pic, i showed my girlfriend and she freaked. im liking this board its lots of fun.
Seth  :)

Yeah, I made it so you could show your friends your Ghost Picture...............It's up to you if you tell them it's real or notwh
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #48 on: May 27 2008 - 11:02AM »
Ok, now this is really weird.  I was playing with the famous "I want to kill you" EVP that BobbyBuka made.  I adjusted the pitch and speed a bit, I tried different setting just for kicks. Now as strange as this sounds, I think it now says "I Love You Too"
I made a very slight adjustment, so little that Bob's voice still sounds the same......But the EVP has changed bigtime!   
It went from "I want to kill you" to "I love you too"................See what you all think?

This is the long version so you can hear how little it changed Bob's voice:
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.bachelors-grove.com/love_you.mp3[/mp3]

This is just the EVP, which sounds clearer then ever!
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.bachelors-grove.com/loveU2.mp3[/mp3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the original one again,  with no adjustments.

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.bachelors-grove.com/Im_going_to_kill_you.mp3[/mp3]

This one is the voice isolated with a little noise reduction.
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.bachelors-grove.com/noise_reduced2.mp3[/mp3]

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums  

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #49 on: May 27 2008 - 11:23AM »
That's absolutely amazing. I'll bet it's frustrating for a ghost when they something nice but we play it back and hear the total opposite. They are thinking..."dude, that's not what I said".  Good work Ghost.... that really is an amazing EVP. :Y:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #50 on: May 27 2008 - 01:44PM »
It doesn't sound sarcastic to me at all, it's just so clear too...............Like I said it just blew my mind.  Before this you where saying we mean you no harm, we just want to talk, maybe it was a responce to that?  I really don't know, I just know  that this is the clearest EVP I have every heard.

I was so freaked out when I heard it, that I saved it and forgot to write down the settings I used to hear it in the first place....I'm trying to recreate it again right now.  I'm very new to EVP's and this is the first time I've ever tried to play with one. I just adjusted the speed and the pitch and this is what i got!

And I thought it might have been sound from setting the recorder down too, however now I don't think so at all.....It talks before you set it on the gravestone.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #51 on: May 27 2008 - 03:52PM »
OMG, that is just amazing, I thought it was clear when it said (I'm going to kill you)  But this is so clear you would think it's a person standing right there with you!  =D>  GREAT catch!

Hey Bob, it's a little better having it say it loves you then wanting to kill you, I'm sure.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #52 on: May 27 2008 - 09:18PM »
The changes I made where very small.  I changed the rate from 44100Hz to 9600Hz and the speed from 00 to -26.  That is a very small change, the speed is what made the big difference.............And it's obvious that it did, the voice is now more natural and clear.

I have read on quite a few sites that it is quite normal to have to reduce the speed of a EVP to understand it, and also change the rate a little.   That is why I tried it today, because I had read about it.

This is a quote from the Ghost Study website talking about how to record and edit EVP"S:

Speed:

Sometimes the EVP is spoken very fast and it is necessary to slow it down to understand what is being said. To do this you need to use the “Change Speed” option that is found by selecting “Effect” and then “Change Speed”. The speed is set by percentages. I recommend starting with a –15% (negative 15 percent). You do this by sliding the slider to the left until -15 shows up in the box. Do a preview first, and then click “OK” if you are happy with it.

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #53 on: May 27 2008 - 11:33PM »
I am not very impressed... more later. This is going to take some study...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 06:37PM by Tenbears »

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 28 2008 - 09:06AM »
I don't know much about the technical side of EVP. But I have been listening to EVP's for many years and I have a huge collection from the spiricom voice box website. For about a year I spent the majority of my time listening to conversations between this doctor and his dead friends. I can say that power of suggestion can play a part. Often I would listen to a recording that was very garbled and could not make out anything until I read the transcripts and then suddenly that's what i would hear. once I read the wrong transcript and I thought that was what was being said. When I read the correct conversation my mind continued to hear the first version.  Qu 

I still cannot hear  "I'll kill you dead" I knew that I could hear something but I couldn't make it say that.  I thought perhaps it was because I had only heard it played online. Sometimes you even have to use high quality ear phones to be able to hear something after it's been put on a website. Again I don't have an explanation of why or how but on some websites they will even tell you what kind of earphones to use and the recordings will be so much more clear.

Ghost1 is correct of course. When recording with difital or casset type recorders you almost always have to manipulate the speed to understand the message. With the spiricom box (frank's box, voice box, ghost box and so on) you can most times hear what is being said right there on the spot and that is what is so great about them verses the recorders.

I don't want anyone to think that I am giving any kind of advice here or trying to say what is or is not on the tape. It's super clear now after Ghost1 fiddled with it just a wee bit. I only wanted to add my 2 cents is all. I wouldn't know a Hz if it bit me on the um shoulder.  :)
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #55 on: May 28 2008 - 09:50AM »

OK - But John sent me a PM yesterday with a really fascinating (to me, at least) thought.....what if it isn't "I love you TOO" - what if it's "I love you TWO" - ?????

-when we recorded that, it was just me and my nephew right at the Neuman grave....I think both John and Steve were near, though, and I think Dan was off somewhere else on his own....is that the way you guys remember it?  Was it just Seth and me right at the grave then?

So I'm wondering now....John (or Colleen or Tenbears or anybody else) - is there some other website where that clip can be posted?  Here's what I'm thinking.....I wonder if the clip can just be posted someplace where the people haven't read all of this that we've already been saying about it, and can they just be asked what they hear on the tape?

It was just you and Seth side by side when you got this EVP.  That is why I was wondering of it meant you "two"

I posted this on Ghost Study yesterday too, because they are brutal there when it comes to posts. I posted all four EVP's of before the speed change and after................... I have only got these two responses so far.

Yesterday, 02:48 PM, by PVenkman:   Great EVP..... big difference between 'I'm going to kill you' and 'I love you to'

Today, 07:05 AM, by Silent Walker:    Nice EVP, very clear....

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 28 2008 - 09:55AM »
Well I would suggest the Paranormal State forums. I would say that right at this time that is the busiest site on and you would get a lot of play and a ton of opinions. Just my suggestion. I'm sure there is a forum better qualified for EVP work but I just think that in this case what we need is volume more than qualified opinions. The websites that I used to listen to have been around forever but don't get a lot of traffic for some reason.

wh

Oh yeah and they would not absolutely have to know you closely to love you. They could have just been hanging out with you thru the day and decided that they loved you. IDK but the other would be nicer.   :) :)
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #57 on: May 29 2008 - 07:27PM »
John, have you gotten any other feedback on this EVP on other sites yet?  I'm curious to hear what others think.

So far just what I posted already, plenty of views but only 2 comments.

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #58 on: May 29 2008 - 11:33PM »
That is weird, take a pretty clear EVP and adjust the speed a bit and get a even better EVP that says a totally different thing?  I diffidently believe the new slowed down one is right, it sounds so natural and clear.  Great job on this one Ghost.   =D>

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #59 on: Jun 01 2008 - 11:22PM »
Here is another reply to the EVP from GhostStudy:

Today, 08:21 PM,  by Neptune_Mercury

It sounds like it's saying "I'll kill you" in the first but after listening to the second one it seems to say "I love you" or "I love you too"

very good EVP! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These where the other two responces I got the other day again:

Yesterday, 02:48 PM, by PVenkman:   Great EVP..... big difference between 'I'm going to kill you' and 'I love you to'

Today, 07:05 AM, by Silent Walker:    Nice EVP, very clear....