Author Topic: 3 creepy Bachelor's stories!!!  (Read 7589 times)

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
3 creepy Bachelor's stories!!!
« on: Jun 09 2008 - 07:03PM »
Hello! I'm new. I grew up in Tinley Park and I've been to Bachelor's Grove many times over the years. Most of the times I've been there nothing unusual has happened. BUT! I have 3 stories from 3 different visits that are really strange. I hope it's ok to post stories without pics.

OK, let me start by saying that I was no angel in high school and my friends and I would ditch school at TPHS and go to Bachelor's with our guitars and wine we stole from our parents, etc. Nothing happened probably the first 10 times I was there, so the mystique had completely worn off when these incidents happened.

Story #1. It was about 1995. I was 16. Some friends and I were there screwing around (always harmless, no littering or vandalism) I had heard stories about the cemetary, but I had heard no stories about the pond at this point. I had already been to the cemetary several times and just wasn't scared at all anymore. I had never gone down to the pond so I strolled over by myself while my friends were jamming. I walked up to the pond and felt dizzy and nauseous, prickly and shiverry.  I felt like something was under the water and was very angry and ready to come at me. I vowed never to go down to the pond again. Once I re-entered the cemetary itself I felt much better. I didn't tell anyone about what had happened.

Story #2. It was my senior year. 1996. My best friend Melissa and I were total nature hippy chicks. We used to go to different forest preserves around Tinley and walk the trails and stuff. We decided to explore some of Rubio woods. I had been to Bachelor's Grove many times but never walked the woods there, so off we went. We passed the cemetary and walked down to the stream, hit a dead end and turned back. We found a path heading South? across from the entrance to the cemetary. We were walking along the path, picking wildflowers and singing Grateful Dead. All of a sudden, there was no path. We were in the thick brush of the woods and neither one of us knew how we lost the path. Figuring we just got lost, we turned around and made our way back through the brush in the direction we thought we had come from. We were both in sandals and long skirts. The brush and brambles were thick and scratching our legs. We went on like this for prob 20 minutes. It was awful! All of a sudden I almost fell in an OLD well! I freaked! Closed to the well we found some foundation stones of a house! It was in THE THICK of the woods. Totally grown over. We were scared and shocked! We got out of there fast and started barreling through the brush for about another 20 minutes or more when we finally found our way out we were in a soccer field. I no longer remember how we got back to my car parked back at the entrance. We were so scared we probably walked all the way back around! I've never been back to try and search for it again, must have just been dumb luck!

Story #3- I just joined this site today because my interest was just renewed this weekend. I was just visiting with my younger sister over the weekend. I am now 29 and she is 26. We were driving by Bachelor's Grove when I mentioned it to her. She said she had never been there. I hadn't been there in years, so I said, "oh it's beautiful and peaceful, you gotta see it! There are legends about the place!" She agreed and  we walked onto the path leading to the graveyard. The first thing that was strange was a path leading off to the south close to the entrance to the path that I don't remember being there when I was in highschool, but I could be wrong. The SECOND thing was creepy! It was thunderstorming all weekend so everything was wet and muddy, it had even rained the night before. We were there at 10am. Someone or something had stuck a popcan on a tree branch hanging onto the path. A square yellow piece of paper was attached to the can facing us as we walked down the path. On the paper was a very detailed and artistically talented drawing of a bald old man with glasses, with ripples surrounding him. He looked foreboding. The paper was dry and looked new. We both just couldn't shake the feeling we were being watched after that (go figure!) The graveyard was overgrown and serene. By the infants grave were tons of stuffed animals that were all wet and muddy from the rain. 2 of the stuffed animals looked brand new, were not wet or anything! Even though it had rained the night before and we were there in the morning! On a flat stone closeby were 2 lighters and a pen that also looked new. In fact the pen should've rolled off the stone in the rain and wind...but it hadn't! We hurried home and told our stepdad. We asked him if he had ever been there and what stories he had heard about the place. What he told us next blew us away. He said that back in the early 90's a guy he worked with took him there to meet a man who lived in the woods! His work friend knew the guy and where exactly in the woods he lived. My stepdad said he was very strange and lived in a camoflaged tee-pee like construction in the middle of the woods and that he had lived there for years and was probably still there! He said no one could ever find his tee-pee because it was so cleverly hidden and that he was a survivalist! No wonder we felt we were being watched!!!!!!!!

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: 3 creepy Bachelor's stories!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09 2008 - 08:14PM »
Welcome to our site!

Welcome and thanks for posting the great stories!  I have always felt like I was being watch every time I have been there too.  Also I have heard stores of that old guy there too.............
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10 2008 - 11:36AM »
How come you didn't tell me about some creepy old guy supposedly living out there, John????

So do you guys think that's true or is it more just legend?

-and Hi and WELCOME once again, Ghostlight!!!  Thanks for posting your stories!  John (Ghost1) actually brought me and my "group" to that old well and the foundation....

since I love this picture so much....here's my nephew conversing with "something" that was in that old well....

Offline Scoobydoo

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10 2008 - 12:39PM »
so an old guy lives in the woods? is it the woods BG is in? if so im going out during the day to try and find his camp.

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Jun 10 2008 - 01:57PM »
yeah - do you guys know roughly where this old guy is supposed to live?

(I'll bet his "camouflaged tee-pee" just vanishes when people are looking for him)

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10 2008 - 02:48PM »
My step-dad said he lived in the middle of the woods in the woods BG is in. He said "You'll never find it, it's so well hidden" he said he was a survivalist, that he had lived there for years. I asked him "Well, is he normal?" He laughed and said "NO! He lives in a camouflage tee-pee in the middle of the woods!" And that was all he said! My stepdad has a weird personality but he doesn't make stuff up. However, his weird personality makes it unlikely that he will tell me anything else if I ask.. :V:

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10 2008 - 02:52PM »
Oh yeah! And I asked my Mom about the place and she had never been there but said that when she was a teenager kids used to go there to make out!  emb

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10 2008 - 04:54PM »
Oh yeah! And I asked my Mom about the place and she had never been there but said that when she was a teenager kids used to go there to make out!  emb

That one I have heard before - that it was once a popular "lovers lane" type area....maybe the old guy is just ummm...well...out there looking for a date?

But seriously, a guy just living out there in the woods is pretty interesting...you would think he'd have to be a little "off" I guess.

Offline rbug

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10 2008 - 05:05PM »
Your nephew looks very intent.  I postitively see in that mist what looks to me like a cherub or small miniature angel.  The arms (wings) raised out and up also has a tiny little face with very dark hair.  Does anyone else see this?

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Jun 10 2008 - 05:18PM »
I can clearly see a face in the mist. It is a man , you can see his beard and teeth, the whole of the mist is his head!

Everyone keeps calling the guy in the woods an "old man" but my dad didn't say that, he just said man, he prob is old though if he has been there for years.

What if the pics of the man taken by Ghost1 and Magpie are the man? Maybe he wears camoflage that makes him look like a ghost from far away or something..

What if the pic on the popcan is the man?! Someone I was chatting with last night had also gone to BG on Saturday and took a pic of the popcan. I hope they post it!

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10 2008 - 05:38PM »
[float=right][/float]

I gotta tell you - the picture of my nephew was photoshopped by our fearless leader - Ghost1 - as sort of a "birthday present" for him...I think he did a great job with it, though, and my nephew just loves the picture!

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Jun 10 2008 - 06:55PM »
 LOL I thought it looked a little funny!

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: Jun 11 2008 - 02:39PM »
I live 6 blocks away from BG.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11 2008 - 02:46PM »
WELCOME, TOMMYBOY!!!!!

so how many times have you been there?

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #14 on: Jun 11 2008 - 08:22PM »
I live 6 blocks away from BG.

Do you go there much, or at all...If so where are all your great pictures?   :*:  Post away, we love Bachelor's Grove pictures!

WELCOME TO THE SITE!