Author Topic: Large Hawk  (Read 487 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Large Hawk
« on: Jun 13 2008 - 10:50PM »
I was outside waxing my car this afternoon when I noticed a very large bird out in the yard, I walked up to it and it was a very large hawk.  It was watching a crawfish in the yard and didn't seem to be bothered by me in the least.  I walked up within 10' and it just stood there still.  So I ran in the house and got the camera, when I cam back out it grabbed the crawfish and flew to a tree....I got some good pictures anyway even though it had flew into the tree.

I can't believe that it just stayed on the ground as I walked?

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
Re: Large Hawk
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14 2008 - 05:06PM »
hehe Thats cute  :*: Although its kinda weird he was just chillin like that. Also, i was wondering if you could  please veiw the video from youtube I posted about next time your on. I was hoping maybe you could somehow get the pictures of the little boy and the woman and man w/the baby. Thanks a lot I really enjoy this site and I was just hoping we could add these photos. Thanks again Ghost1  ;)

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14 2008 - 05:09PM »
Aren't they beautiful?  Great picture ghost.  this morning I found a momma duck and her ducklings in my front yard.  I will post pictures later.

Offline rbug

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22 2008 - 04:55PM »
Gotta love it ------------Nature.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22 2008 - 09:53PM »
Here is the pictures of the duckling in the front yard. 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22 2008 - 10:06PM »
Here is the pictures of the duckling in the front yard. 

I just saw a mom and her baby's yesterday crossing the street, all the traffic was stopped for them.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26 2008 - 06:49PM »
I can't believe what a beautiful photo you got of that hawk!! It's magnificent!! Hawks are one of my favorite birds. I'm a huge bird lover. My backyard is a virtual sanctuary for birds. When my brother moved in with his cats I thought that i would die but it was fine once we put the bells on them. I have birds nests in my backyard that have been there since i moved in and I can't take a chance on the babies getting eaten! I have lots of cardinals but my prized bird activity are the blue birds. Not blue jays or just a blue colored bird. If you ever see a real "bluebird" you know what i'm talking about. They are special and very rare around here and they are so very beautiful. My most prized bids nests are the Doves. I'm told that Doves do not nest just any place and they mate for life so I feel a very deep responsibility to my Doves. They nest on the ground under the hedges in a part of the house that makes an L-shape so it is protected on 3 sides. When the baby doves are hatched they are precious. Of course all babies are precious. I hate flies but when they are itty bitty it is so hard for me to swat them. I almost can't but then there's that hygiene thing so you pretty much have to swat flies and exterminate roaches. There's no choice. But I didn't mean to get off into all that... cho  The Hawk is a beautiful picture and the ducklings and their mama are just precious.  OH! I thought of my other favorite bird! Owls! They are the coolest dudes!! I used to have one when i was a kid. He sat on my curtain rod in my bedroom and you know I'm sure it was bcause my mother did something about it that i don't remember but I do not ever remember any bird droppings what-so-ever. I was going to ask her how she dealt with that but I kept forgetting to ask her.  :^(  I forgot to ask her a lot of stuff.  :^(  I can't believe all the questions that I would ask her now if I could.   

Beautiful Pictures Guys!!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26 2008 - 07:44PM »
Thank Colleen. I also love owls, hawks and eagles.  Especially hawks and eagles they are just so majestic and beautiful.   

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #8 on: May 10 2009 - 06:25PM »
I just ran across this post again and the picture of the Hawk and the one of the Ducklings are 2 pics that I love to come back to.  But as I was reading Ghost1's post again it struck me funny this time. "The Hawk was on the ground watching a crawfish swim around." A Crawfish! In his yard! That is so cool! I thought that only happens in Louisiana.....LOL  That's so funny. Has your Hawk been back? Maybe we should entice him with some shrimp so we can get more pictures of him .....LOL  :Spying:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: May 10 2009 - 09:25PM »
Makes ya proud ta be an American. 
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Exodus

• Mere Mortal
    • Illinois Storm Chasers
« Reply #10 on: May 21 2009 - 12:17AM »
Where was this pic taken??  I seen the same exact colored hawk right by my house.  It landed on my neighbors fence.  I drove by, and it caught my eye and I stopped and was just puzzled.  I had never seen a bird that big before that wasn't in a zoo or what not.  He just sat there.  When I flipped out my camera phone to get some shots, it flew up to the power lines, and then flew off.  Thing was monstrous.  VERY pretty though.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #11 on: May 21 2009 - 12:27AM »
Where was this pic taken??  .

It was taken right in my yard, in Frankfort.  I live in the rural part of town, with woods all around.

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07 2009 - 10:19PM »
Is that a Red-Tailed Hawk. It looks like one. A very good picture.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #13 on: Jun 08 2009 - 09:30PM »
Thats a good pic John. Hawks are big and probably it is a red tailed hawk. I was lucky and got a closeup like that yrs. ago when I was at White Pines Forest State Park. :Y:

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #14 on: Jun 11 2009 - 01:37PM »
It was a Spirit Bird me thinks...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 08:36PM by Tenbears »