Author Topic: July 6th 08 Ghost hunt  (Read 5163 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
July 6th 08 Ghost hunt
« on: Jul 06 2008 - 05:46PM »
I just got back from a ghost hunting trip with "exzyle2k" one of our newer members.  I will post pictures and with any luck EVP's later tonight.

One VERY odd thing on this trip, a new tombstone has appeared.........I'm  sure it's not even from this graveyard.  You can see that the plants under it sticking out or still alive, it was just placed there?  But where the heck did it come from??   cher
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Re: July 6th 08 Ghost hunt
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06 2008 - 06:13PM »
OMG that's horrible! Someone must have stolen it and put it there! Imagine the poor family! Is there someway to alert the authorities?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06 2008 - 07:22PM »
John, didn't you say once that you had a list of the names of all the people who were buried in this cemetery?  Like a plot plan or something?  Is it possible that this NEW headstone is one that used to belong that but was stolen and has now been returned either by the thief themselves, now feeling guilty, or from being seized somehow by authorities?  If not, I bet there must be a way to research this person to figure out where they were ACTUALLY buried and maybe you could contact someone who could return it to its rightful place. 

There is no complete list anywhere on everyone buried there....Makes no since to me.  kn  I thought about it being returned by a thief too, however this is such a unique one being a WW1 vet I think I would have remembered it?

I didn't see anything special in this picture, just thought it was very cool looking.

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06 2008 - 07:35PM »
Here is one that  Exzyle2k took and sent me to look at.  Look at the hooded and cloaked figure on the far right side.....It could be the tree, but when I zoom in it doesn't appear natural.

See what you all think?

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06 2008 - 07:38PM »
Could it be that someone who knows someone buried in that cemetary knew that the headstone had been stolen and bought one to replace it or is it that the dates are too recent for them to be buried at BG at all? I don't know. ???
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06 2008 - 07:42PM »
Ghost! that totally looks like a hooded figure. If it's part of a tree or stump then the color doesn't match any of the other bark colors at all!! That's freaky as Sh*t!
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Jul 06 2008 - 07:50PM »
Could it be that someone who knows someone buried in that cemetery knew that the headstone had been stolen and bought one to replace it or is it that the dates are too recent for them to be buried at BG at all? I don't know. ???

No, it's old and weathered.  There is no doubt that it is stolen, and had been placed here for some reason.  It's pretty heavy too, I have no idea why someone would want to carry it all the way there....That's one heck of a long path to the graveyard!

Oh Yeah, I went through two sets of brand new batteries for my camera again?  They just seem to get the life sucked right out of them there.......   cho

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06 2008 - 11:23PM »
Great pictures! I that gravestone is very strange! I dont remember ever seeing that one either. As for the hooded figure it does look pretty real. bo By any chance was the pop can still there?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06 2008 - 11:29PM »
By any chance was the pop can still there?

Nope, no pop can, and we looked too.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07 2008 - 12:22AM »
That headstone sure is a mystery. How big was it? How heavy do you think it is? That hooded figure looks pretty real to me......

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07 2008 - 12:30AM »
 cof  Ive looked up to see if he was on the burial list for Bachelor's Grove but hes no where to be found what so ever. Was the stone placed at an odd location?

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07 2008 - 01:01AM »
It was placed right across the path from the Fulton stone. If you put your back to the Fulton stone and cross the path, you'd trip over it.

The stone was about five inches deep, about a foot tall, and about 18 inches long... Just guestimations, but it wasn't nearly as large as some of the ones closer (like Deck) but it wasn't a tiny little thing either.

Ghost saw me standing in front of it, and he must have seen the odd expression on my face. I was trying to remember if I had ever seen it there, and I couldn't recall a stone with a cross on it before in there. He came next to me and was shocked to see the "new" stone.
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07 2008 - 11:22AM »
I contacted the "Illinois Dept of War Graves" this morning and left a message that I had found a Vets tombstone.  Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me, not long I hope.  I'm trying to find where Herbert belongs.

I also found what some of the stuff was on his stone:

PVT : Private (E-1) - Army
STU : secure telephone unit
TNG : Training

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07 2008 - 01:00PM »
I contacted the "Illinois Dept of War Graves" this morning and left a message that I had found a Vets tombstone.  Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me, not long I hope.  I'm trying to find where Herbert belongs.

I also found what some of the stuff was on his stone:

PVT : Private (E-1) - Army
STU : secure telephone unit
TNG : Training

Way to go Ghost. I hope that they get back w/you. If they don't help you...and I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.....but if they can't for some reason.....let me know.  I have been a long standing member of a war vets group who can find out ANYTHING. I lost a dear dear relative in the VietNam war and in my family we were not aloud to speak of him bcause of the pain that it caused my mother and his parents and siblings and just about everybody in my family. So when I turned 18 I went looking for anyone who had known him. When I came across this group they not only filled in some of the blanks for me but they also told me truths that I had not been told before bcause it was less painful for my family to lie about them. I found out that his death was way more awful than I had been told.  They put me in touch with his best friend whom I had not seen or talked to since I was 6 years old but I remembered him well and he was so excited to hear from me that he came to visit the family and we talked about my uncle for the first time in my life. Then they put me in touch with a man who had actually wrote a book about my uncle. This man had served under him and was there on the day that he died. He was supposed to send me an autographed book but he died just after we talked and I havent found the book yet but I haven't had a lot of time to look for it and I still intend to find it some day.  It is supposed to have a lot of pictures of my uncle in it. My mother was trying to help me find it when she got ill.  Anyway....this group had nothing to go on but a name and approximate date of death which turned out to be wrong....and the years that he had served his 2 tours of duty and they found all of this at their own expense and time. Not to mention all of the time that they put into talking to me and comforting ME! They are the vets and yet they had ME crying on their shoulders. It's a wonderful group and I'm sure they would help if they can in any way. So just let me know if you want or need help and I will contact them. I still have all of their email address'.
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08 2008 - 02:49PM »
I went to a Bachelor's Grove again today(7/8), however I won't have any time till later this evening to even go through the pictures.
I'll upload some later.....