Author Topic: July 6th 08 Ghost hunt  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: July 6th 08 Ghost hunt
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08 2008 - 05:55PM »
Here are a few of my ghost hunting tools (toys)

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08 2008 - 06:52PM »
This is a odd one, it looks like one of the sand people from Star Wars?  cho

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08 2008 - 07:05PM »
Although the Grove is looking more and more like Endor, I highly doubt any Jawas are hiding out there...
« Last Edit: Jul 14 2008 - 06:41PM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #18 on: Jul 08 2008 - 09:08PM »
I can't believe that someone would steal a grave marker and carry it all the way through the woods to bachelors grove?
What the heck is that about?
  cho

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14 2008 - 11:27AM »
Well, the Vet Admin office called me today about Herbert's stolen marker.  I spoke with a very nice and helpful man, just this second as I'm writing this he called me back again.........I now know where Herbert belongs!  I have all the info even the plot, grave and block number.   =D>  Now to contact the graveyard if possibility and see how to get Herbert returned.

I'll post more as I get it.

Update ************************************************ Update

I just received more info on Herbert.

Ok, I just found out from the Graveyard that 2 months after Herbert was laid to rest in 1966, his marker was changed to a larger family marker.  So this is a extra marker....that has just turned up after 42 years, and in Bachelor's Grove?  kn
« Last Edit: Jul 14 2008 - 04:14PM by Ghost1 »

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14 2008 - 04:17PM »
Wow! That is incredible! Perhaps the local newspaper would want to write a story on this. ??????  I know if i were a reporter I would consider this for a decent little story.  Qu  Then if someone who was involved in it before sees the story they could have a phone number listed for them to call.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #21 on: Jul 14 2008 - 04:24PM »
Curiouser and curiouser. If the person was 20 yrs old when they obtained the marker 42 years ago, that would make them 62 today. Would they have held onto it for all of those years? Has it been changing hands? Why would anyone even want it? Is the cemetery of origin nearby to Bachelor's Grove? Is anyone going to claim the stone? or is it just an unnecessary extra?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #22 on: Jul 14 2008 - 05:03PM »
Curiouser and curiouser. If the person was 20 yrs old when they obtained the marker 42 years ago, that would make them 62 today. Would they have held onto it for all of those years? Has it been changing hands? Why would anyone even want it? Is the cemetery of origin nearby to Bachelor's Grove? Is anyone going to claim the stone? or is it just an unnecessary extra?

No, it's now a permanent addition to Bachelor's Grove, there is no one to claim it. His wife Emily, has passed too.

Someone must have had this stone in the garage or basement for the past 42 years.  But you really have to wonder why the heck they dropped it off at Bachelors Grove.

He is buried in Calument Park which is just about 20 minutes from BG, so it not to far from there.

Who knows what happened, it will be a mystery that we won't solve.
cher

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14 2008 - 05:18PM »
That's precisely why i suggested putting a story in the paper. Even if they didnt' want to do the story...and i don't know why they wouldn't....but we could take out a small add in the personals. And we could ask that the person who dropped it at BG give us a call just bcause we are a curious bunch. But I guess if no one really wants to know then it would be a waste of effort. So I leave it up to you Chicagans... bo
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #24 on: Jul 14 2008 - 06:44PM »
Ghost, do you think it would be possible to somehow secure that stone a bit more into the earth? Small ones like that tend to get up and disappear, so maybe sinking it a few inches into the soil to make it a bit more difficult to get to wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, do you have any contacts with the Forest Preserve? I'd like to see about securing a permit so we could organize a clean-up of sorts, bring some respect back to the place.
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #25 on: Jul 14 2008 - 07:14PM »
Ghost, do you think it would be possible to somehow secure that stone a bit more into the earth? Small ones like that tend to get up and disappear, so maybe sinking it a few inches into the soil to make it a bit more difficult to get to wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, do you have any contacts with the Forest Preserve? I'd like to see about securing a permit so we could organize a clean-up of sorts, bring some respect back to the place.

Well to be honest with you, when speaking with the military they told me.... If it is found that a new stone was put in it's place the original stone must be destroyed.  Quote on-Quote  I just kind of left that part out.....Like what I'm I going to do bring a sledge hammer out there with me and bust it up, no I don't think so!

Offline Theone321

• Mere Mortal
  • skulls up
« Reply #26 on: Jul 22 2008 - 02:10AM »
hmm Qu
Look for some kind of sign

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #27 on: Oct 04 2008 - 05:16PM »
This is interesting!  I was browsing around the ole internet the other day and came across a blog, or post of some sort my someone who said they were in their grandmother's (or aunt, I don't remember) attic and found a headstone, and the woman told him it came from Bachelor's Grove.  He said that he was planning on returning it there, maybe this is the guy?  Sadly I have no idea where I found this, but I'll take a stab at finding it again.
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #28 on: Oct 04 2008 - 06:31PM »
 cher  Ghost1; exellent work, my man! 
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #29 on: Oct 04 2008 - 07:04PM »
Bah....I just spent a couple of hours looking for that page, can't find it to save my life. :(
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!