Author Topic: The Witching hour  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The Witching hour
« on: Sep 13 2008 - 09:58PM »
In European folklore, the witching hour is the time when supernatural creatures such as witches, demons and ghosts are thought to be at their most powerful, and black magic at its most effective. This hour is typically midnight, and the term may now be used to refer to midnight, or any late hour, even without having the associated superstitious beliefs. The term "witching hour" can also refer to the period from midnight to 3am.

Ok, all you paranormal experts out there, I have a question for you all........ When is The Witching hour?
I've been looking around and reading all kinds of things and no one seems to say the same thing?  Is it Midnight to 1:00am, Midnight to 3:00am  or is it 3:00am it's self?

I want to add a greeting to the forum, that says "Welcome to the Witching Hour"  But, I'm not sure what time to do it?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Re: The Witching hour
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14 2008 - 01:55AM »
I don't get that. On paranormal state they have dead time from like 12 to 3 am. But honestly, if a place is haunted it should be haunted all the time. That is why I am trying to find the locations to the real Old Union and Niccum, which are supposedly haunted day and night.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14 2008 - 11:18AM »
I'm definitely not a paranormal expert. But, as far as I was aware, the witching hour starts at midnight. How long it lasts exactly, I don't know. It could be anywhere from 3a to 5a. Not sure. I'm not much help, am I?  emb
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16 2008 - 04:19AM »
The "Witching Hour" is incorrectly believed to be at Midnight... for obvious reasons.

However, it begins at 3:00am... it is the mockery of the time that Jesus died, which was 3:00PM.

The intensity of things *does* tend to pick up, even after the stroke of midnight, but 3am is when the "door", per say, is open widest.

;)
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16 2008 - 03:38PM »
That actually makes sense. When our group was in Villisca and things started happening that we could hear with our naked ears, it was around 3a. Thank you, MM! You cleared a lot up!  bo  =D>
~Marion

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18 2008 - 02:40AM »
Not a problem, Marion!!!   ;)

I'm glad that a lot of my input on here has apparently helped a lot of people.   emb

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18 2008 - 10:10AM »
Well that just means that you are the bomb-diggity go-to person. che And, I thank you for that. bo :Y:
~Marion

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23 2008 - 07:39PM »
3am is witching hour. It is a mockery of the time Jesus passed. They say this is supposed to be the time when things are swinging with the most juice
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10 2008 - 12:06AM »
Well that just means that you are the bomb-diggity go-to person. che And, I thank you for that. bo :Y:

Aww, thanks bunches, Marion!!!  emb

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11 2008 - 12:54PM »
You are very welcome, MM!  :)
~Marion