Author Topic: Something on Youtube that Shocked Me.  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Something on Youtube that Shocked Me.
« on: Nov 27 2007 - 07:16AM »
OK....I thought that this was very interesting and wanted to share it with our members and I know it is not "normal"....don't think that it is really "paranormal" but I don't know how to upload vidoes in the 'General Discussion" forum so I'm going to put this here. Move it if you want. Make fun of me if you want. I can take it. But I'm posting it....ya here me?

~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
RE: Something on Youtube that Shocked Me.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27 2007 - 08:07AM »
That looks terrible, that poor man.  His hand are pretty much worthless at this point, I sure hope they can find a way to remove that growth.

:^(
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline rbug

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10 2007 - 09:53PM »
Very unusual to say the least.  I couldn't even imagine living with those growths and how inhibiting it would be on your everyday life not to mention your social life.  I do hope they were able to diagnose and isolate the cell type and find some relief for this gentleman.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10 2007 - 09:57PM »
I saw a story about this poor guy on the news the other day. They said that he should be OK within 6 months they are treating him now.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline rbug

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10 2007 - 10:20PM »
Very good to hear that.  No one should have to suffer so miserably.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10 2007 - 11:11PM »
 =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

I want to see him after! Imagine the refief!
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Something on Youtube that Shocked Me.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31 2008 - 10:48PM »
Here is a update on this man's condition:   :Y:

After testing samples of the lesions and Dede's blood, Dr Anthony Gaspari, of the University of Maryland, concluded that his affliction is caused by the human papilloma virus, a fairly common infection that usually causes small warts to develop. Dede's problem is that he has a rare genetic fault that impedes his immune system. The virus was therefore able to "hijack" the cellular machinery of his skin cells ordering them to produce huge amounts of the substance that caused the tree-like growths known as "cutaneous horns" on his hands and feet. Dede's counts of a key type of white blood cell are so low that Dr Gaspari initially suspected he may have the AIDS virus. But tests showed he did not. Dede's condition was something far more mysterious. Warts aside, he had enjoyed remarkable good health throughout his life.Dr Gaspari, who became involved through a Discovery Channel documentary, believes that Dede's condition can be largely cleared up by a daily doses of a synthetic form of vitamin A, which has been shown to arrest the growth of warts in severe cases of human papilloma virus. "He won't have a perfectly normal body, but the warts should reduce in size to the point where he could use his hands," Dr Gaspari said. "Over the course of three to six months the warts should become smaller and fewer in number. He will be living a more normal life." After that, the most resilient warts could be frozen off, and the growths on his hands and feet surgically removed.

"I've never seen anything like this in my entire career," Dr Gaspari said.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
Re: Something on Youtube that Shocked Me.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05 2008 - 03:23AM »
  Thanks for the update Ghost. This doctor is certainly a super hero to this man. Thank God that we have ppl that would see this man's suffering and want to do something about it even though the man has nothing to give in return. I hope that we can continue to watch for updates and see him when he is better.

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
~Colleen~