Author Topic: Re: A Guide to Haunted Lighthouses  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: A Guide to Haunted Lighthouses
« on: Jul 20 2008 - 09:55AM »
OH and has anyone seen the new one  "The Mist" yet? That was freakin scary but the ending made me mad as h-e-double hockey stix.... :X

I might should have made this comment a new thread cause it's kind of off the subject of LIghthouses.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21 2008 - 06:11AM »
YES!  I saw this movie, and while I *loved* it... that feeling ended right around the last 5 minutes or so.  Grr.  Though I do have to admit that it *definitely made for a "get a rise out of the viewer" ending!
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
Re: Re: A Guide to Haunted Lighthouses
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21 2008 - 10:10AM »
YES!  I saw this movie, and while I *loved* it... that feeling ended right around the last 5 minutes or so.  Grr.  Though I do have to admit that it *definitely made for a "get a rise out of the viewer" ending!

I know! That was awful. My grandaughter's parents let her watch it with them at home last week and she came over this weekend.....it was all she could talk about. How those 2 ppl died for nothing. And she kept asking me what I would have done if it was me and her?  Yikes!! It took me a while to shake that thought! But your right MM...it certainly did make for a surprise ending ...which is very rare these days...lol
~Colleen~

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21 2008 - 09:59PM »
I definitely was a good movie...

The ending just made me think, though... if you really thought there was no saving yourself... wouldn't you have at least made one last ditch effort at looking around?  If you were resigning yourself to die anyways?

Maybe it's just me.  lol
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
Re: Re: A Guide to Haunted Lighthouses
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22 2008 - 09:41AM »
I definitely was a good movie...

The ending just made me think, though... if you really thought there was no saving yourself... wouldn't you have at least made one last ditch effort at looking around?  If you were resigning yourself to die anyways?

Maybe it's just me.  lol

Once again I totally agree with you MM. And after my grandaughter's question to me I really did think about it seriously because she wanted an answer and she wasn't going to let it go. I wanted to give her a realistic answer but I also wanted her to feel safe so I told her that it's very hard to say what a person would actually do when confronted with a situation like that but as for what I believe that I would do..... I would protect her and my 2 grandson's with all that I could till the very last moment and the only way that I could never ever imagine taking away their life. If I had a gun and some monster was taking off with one of them I would shoot the monster till all the bullets were gone and if the monster died then we would find a place to hide out from the other monsters. And that's what I think that I would do. I think my survival mode would kick in gear until the very end cause I would stomp some serious butt for my kids. And they know it too. My grandaughter said to me after we talked ......"That's what I knew you would do Nana." 
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22 2008 - 10:21AM »
You know what I would hate so much worse than tryin' to fight monsters!?? Something like those movies about the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" or "Wrong Turn" were the whole town knows about these inbred derelicts who sabotage your car and then take pleasure in the slaughter of you and your friends and then eat you for dinner! The reason that it's so frightening to me is that I can totally see how this could happen! I've been to small towns in the TN hills were this would have been possible and the folks there were definitely inbred and they hate the outside world. I can see how they would have not one ounce of sympathy for anyone from the outside world. To them we are just spoiled brats who deserve to be tortured. Especially if it they could find a way to torture others and have it benefit them in some way... say like...... stocking the fridge! The worse thing about the movies is the way that they fool the young ppl into thinking that someone is trying to help them and they just follow them or get into the back seat of the police car and then suddenly they are trapped and then tied up and even though they could've prolly kicked the sherriff's butt....they are now tied up and can't do a thing.!!
~Colleen~