Author Topic: July 26th Trip  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: July 26th Trip
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27 2008 - 08:31PM »
It was also entertaining to show Ghost1 just how heavy Herbert's stone was... He said something along the lines of "That's more than a one-person job", and at which time I promptly lifted the stone and put it back where it belongs.

We arrived in there around 4pm, and Ghost went over to see if Herbert was resting peacefully. He was not, as his stone had moved. It appeared as though it was flipped or a person/team decided this new stone needed a bath. Luckily they didn't get it very far, and it wasn't too much of a problem for me to put it back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't heavy, because a solid slab of granite like that could easily be nearly 100lbs... It was heavy and I worked up a great sweat moving it the 10 feet back to where it was found... I just wanted to disprove that it would take a coordinated effort to relocate the stone.
Loading Signature...

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #16 on: Jul 27 2008 - 11:14PM »
Yep,Exzyle2k. I got it too.  Did you walk across the log to "B"s gravesite? The one covered in green moss.  I don't know her name but its Capone's maid & he rname began with a "B". 

"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27 2008 - 11:42PM »
Well, according to other stories, the "B" grave is actually a black person who was buried outside of the cemetery due to segregation, and the B plate on the tree signified that it's a black grave...

Now, I honestly don't believe either of those stories to tell you the truth.

But no... we didn't stop by B's grave.
Loading Signature...

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 28 2008 - 12:44AM »
I'm sorry I missed it!! 

We'll have to plan another outing soon!  che

And a couple of those photos kinda gave me chills... I *definitely* saw something in the ones pointed out!  :Y:  Great finds!
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Jul 28 2008 - 01:08AM »
OK....I am sure that I am just looking to hard but I almost see the outline of a body....(then again maybe it is the links in the fence playing with my mind)

Hrmm... I see a hulking mass there too... The only thing I can think of (remember... resident cynic here...) is that the other guy who was there when we got there might have ventured outside of the fence and walked the perimeter, and you snapped a shot of him... He was a big guy, and had a hat on backwards, and that's what the figure resembles to me...

I also found this one... Notice the "streaking orb"... Gotta love those bugs in flight. I know for a fact that it's a moth, because the bloody think kept catching my attention, so I figure it wanted it's picture taken:

Loading Signature...

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28 2008 - 01:13AM »
That moth pic would def fool somebody. It looks solid.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #21 on: Jul 28 2008 - 09:40AM »
It was also entertaining to show Ghost1 just how heavy Herbert's stone was... He said something along the lines of "That's more than a one-person job", and at which time I promptly lifted the stone and put it back where it belongs.

We arrived in there around 4pm, and Ghost went over to see if Herbert was resting peacefully. He was not, as his stone had moved. It appeared as though it was flipped or a person/team decided this new stone needed a bath. Luckily they didn't get it very far, and it wasn't too much of a problem for me to put it back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't heavy, because a solid slab of granite like that could easily be nearly 100lbs... It was heavy and I worked up a great sweat moving it the 10 feet back to where it was found... I just wanted to disprove that it would take a coordinated effort to relocate the stone.

OH MY! E .... you must be one FINE specimen of a man! I don't know if I should meet you or not. It might have been best that I didn't get to Chicago this past weekend cause maybe I would have embarrassed myself.. emb I might have been ogling at you too much and who knows what would have happened if I couldn't control myself.....  LOL
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #22 on: Jul 28 2008 - 10:26AM »
Hrmm... I see a hulking mass there too... The only thing I can think of (remember... resident cynic here...) is that the other guy who was there when we got there might have ventured outside of the fence and walked the perimeter, and you snapped a shot of him... He was a big guy, and had a hat on backwards, and that's what the figure resembles to me...
[float=right][/float]
Nice theory, however I don't think so.  Look at the figure, it is totally black, however the trees, ground, leaves even the fence poll's all have some color to them in front of and behind the fence.  Our friend out there wasn't wearing all black, plus he was following us almost the whole time.  I zoomed into this picture at 600% again, and there is NO color to it all...just black?

A matter of fact after looking again zoomed, I can quit clearly see a face?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #23 on: Jul 28 2008 - 05:41PM »
OK....I am sure that I am just looking to hard but I almost see the outline of a body....(then again maybe it is the links in the fence playing with my mind)

I see the outline of a all black figure there too looking at you through the fence, kind of gives me the creeps.  Great picture JeepGirl!  =D>

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #24 on: Jul 28 2008 - 10:12PM »
I see the outline of a all black figure there too looking at you through the fence, kind of gives me the creeps.  Great picture JeepGirl!  =D>

Thanks...I am pretty sure there was no one out there.  But of course you can never be sure.  The thing that got me was that it was all black. 

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #25 on: Jul 28 2008 - 10:21PM »
Ghost1....do I get to have ghost hunter status soon????   =D>

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #26 on: Jul 28 2008 - 10:35PM »
Ghost1....do I get to have ghost hunter status soon????   =D>

You have the Ghost Hunter award, but I'm not sure how to give you both member groups.  You are in the "Shaman" group now, which is the second highest in the board (only three members).  Would you rather be in the "Ghost Hunter" group now?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #27 on: Jul 29 2008 - 10:27PM »
Gina that is a FANTASTIC photo of a shadow =D>  Great job Ghost on blowing it up too.  I wish I could have gone there.  Stupid surgery :X
Heather & Maggie