Author Topic: Graveyard edict  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
Graveyard edict
« on: Jul 27 2008 - 04:38PM »
 Qu
Question:

Is it considered disrespectful to sit on the chequered grave like in the Mrs Rogers photo?
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Graveyard edict
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27 2008 - 04:58PM »
Qu
Question:

Is it considered disrespectful to sit on the chequered grave like in the Mrs Rogers photo?

Yes, I believe it is, or at least that was the way I was raised.  I was always told not to walk on the grave it's self too..........But I see kids there all the time standing on them to pose for pictures, to bad the ghost's couldn't come out and kick there butt's!   :*:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
Graveyard edict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27 2008 - 11:22PM »
I've sat on the checkered grave a couple of times. I didn't mean any disrespect. I wanted mrs Rogers to say HI to me. She never showed.
sere

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Graveyard edict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27 2008 - 11:49PM »
Honestly, I think touching any of the stones is disrespectful unless for the right reasons.

If I wasn't completely sure that Herbert's stone was headed towards the pond, I wouldn't have moved it back. This is why I haven't righted the Deck stone any of the times I've been there, or sought to put Foskett or Rippert back up. Although those three would require at least another individual, if not two or more, I tend to leave things the way they were the first time I saw them.

And since I've never been to the Grove and seen Deck, Rippert, or Foskett standing, I'm not about to possibly put the stone up wrong and anger the spirits further.

« Last Edit: Jul 28 2008 - 12:02AM by Banshee »
Loading Signature...

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
Graveyard edict
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28 2008 - 01:01AM »
I, myself, always avoid standing / walking on graves if at all possible...  There have been times I have laid hands on the ground over a grave or on the headstone itself...  but always from the side, back, etc...

I can usually tell the boundaries of the actual grave just by sensation, ya know?

BTW... if anyone is "sensitive" - do NOT go within the boundaries of the "Shrine of the Holy Innocents" at Queen of Heaven cemetary...  We went there to try and find my father-in-law's plot, and my husband brought me into this portion without telling me WHAT section... I was BOMBARDED by children crying and screaming, oddly enough, I then smelled smoke and all of a sudden felt like I was burning from the inside out... and literally could not stand anymore and fell to my knees in the middle of this graveyard while trying to walk through it... I burst into tears it was so overwhelming... 

I *later* found out the reason for what happened...

Anyways, come to find out, 25 of the 92 students from the Our Lady of Angels fire in 1958 are buried there... ALL TOGETHER... it was WAY too much to handle being anywhere NEAR that part...

Little story for ya, I guess...  cho
« Last Edit: Jul 28 2008 - 01:27AM by MusicianMommy »
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Graveyard edict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28 2008 - 09:59AM »
I love hearing about your experiences like that and at the same time it's a very sad story. Do you think that you felt all of that because the childrens spirits are not at rest or is it maybe residual feelings from the past that you felt? When you get these sensations can you tell if it's an actual spirit sharing feelings with you or if it's a residual thing. Sorry if I ask too many questions.  emb
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
Graveyard edict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 28 2008 - 11:36AM »
Let me know in advance when you're going to be there next. I'll help you with the replacement of the stones.
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Graveyard edict
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28 2008 - 11:50AM »
And since I've never been to the Grove and seen Deck, Rippert, or Foskett standing, I'm not about to possibly put the stone up wrong and anger the spirits further.

Here is what the Deck stone looks like upright, this is from June of 2007.  If you where trying to help by putting stones back up, I really don't think they would get mad even if it was facing backward...........At least it would be upright and off the ground.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Graveyard edict
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28 2008 - 11:54AM »
Yeah...

I'm going to start snooping around, see if there's a permit for cleanup we can get for the Grove, and organize the next get-together as a landscaping and grove repair project.

Some things are just not funny and will not be tolerated by the moderator(s) of this board.
« Last Edit: Jul 28 2008 - 12:35PM by colleen2510 »
Loading Signature...

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
Graveyard edict
« Reply #9 on: Jul 29 2008 - 02:38AM »
I love hearing about your experiences like that and at the same time it's a very sad story. Do you think that you felt all of that because the childrens spirits are not at rest or is it maybe residual feelings from the past that you felt? When you get these sensations can you tell if it's an actual spirit sharing feelings with you or if it's a residual thing. Sorry if I ask too many questions.  emb

I have a feeling that it was residual, and not anyone in particular trying to contact me...  just the simple fact that there were so many lost children in one place from a horrific accident most likely left *quite* an impact on the entire area...

The thing that *still* bothers me, though, is that I couldn't handle being there any longer - so we still haven't located my hubby's dad's grave (long story as to why we don't know exactly where he is buried in QOH).
Making the world a crazier place since 1981