Author Topic: Mysterious Montauk Monster!!  (Read 2906 times)

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Mysterious Montauk Monster!!
« on: Aug 01 2008 - 01:01PM »

This mysterious creature washed up in the Hamptons in New York. Supposedly there is a secret government animal testing facility nearby. Some scientists have made statements that the creature is a dog or a raccoon, but you can clearly see the beak and the strange teeth. Even CNN and Fox News picked this one up! Weird!!!

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Mysterious Montauk Monster!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01 2008 - 01:58PM »
What the heck is that thing?   kn   Looks kind of like a "pig" with a birds beak ???
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01 2008 - 04:53PM »
WTF!! Is it me or does the head resemble a human head?
?Why So Serious?

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01 2008 - 06:48PM »
Jeff Corwin did an interview with Fox News, and he states that he believes this to be a decomposing raccoon or a dog.

I think it looks like a dog that's been bloated in the water for too long... The "flippers" are the flesh that's sloughed off, and the "beak" is the jaw that's become dislocated.
Loading Signature...

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01 2008 - 10:04PM »
I don't know what to think! I can see where the jaw looks dislocated, but how do you explain the teeth/beak/jaw coming to a point in the front? I guess if it was positioned just so. One of the theories I have heard that sounds plausible is a sea turtle without it's shell. I don't know if that's even possible, but it sure looks like that. Whatever it is, I think it's neat because it seems like the community in which it was found and even the national media culture is buzzing about this ugly little guy! (or girl, thankfully we cannot tell from the pic). Maybe someone will run a test on the remains and solve the mystery!

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02 2008 - 02:17AM »
That's a pretty darn big arse turtle though if it is one without the shell.  I'm gonna have to go with the animal disease center nearby that is denying everything.
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03 2008 - 02:42PM »
Well I'm absolutely going with it being a giant Sea Turtle that has somehow lost it's shell. The tail end of the creature looks just like that of the tail and the head looks so much like a giant sea turtle that I'm amazed that there is even a question. There is no way that it's a dog OR a racoon. I don't know were these ppl are from but we have tons of both dogs and raccoons around here and they don't even look anything like this. Not even the carcass' that lie on the side of a country road for however long. I've never ever seen a raccoon this big but I have seen a Giant Sea Turtle this big and larger. Heck Ghost1 I think there are some turtles in the Chicago Aquarium that are almost this big....but I could be mistaken. Anyway...It's a Giant Sea Turtle without a shell and I'm not even doubtful.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03 2008 - 03:50PM »
Colleen- I was in total agreement about the turtle without it's shell thing until I took my daughter to the nature center at our local forest preserve yesterday. They had a display with turtle shells and turtle skeletons. The ribs of a turtle are part of the shell. I asked the nature center worker if a turtle could lose its shell or get ripped out of its shell and the guide said no way! I asked "what about a sea turtle"? He said in all turtles or tortoises the shell serves as bones and skin, it is a part of them. If it was removed from its shell, there would be no bones or skin to hold its insides in!!!!  Qu

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03 2008 - 06:10PM »
Colleen- I was in total agreement about the turtle without it's shell thing until I took my daughter to the nature center at our local forest preserve yesterday. They had a display with turtle shells and turtle skeletons. The ribs of a turtle are part of the shell. I asked the nature center worker if a turtle could lose its shell or get ripped out of its shell and the guide said no way! I asked "what about a sea turtle"? He said in all turtles or tortoises the shell serves as bones and skin, it is a part of them. If it was removed from its shell, there would be no bones or skin to hold its insides in!!!!  Qu

Oh my gosh...... I didn't even think about that! I kind of knew that but I guess I just wasn't thinkin'. Well that sinker sunk that idea huh? Cool....it's not like I didn't WANT it to be a sea monster ....LOL 
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Aug 04 2008 - 09:35AM »
New pictures of this thing have surfaced, I'm still sticking with my pig / hog theory......   :Y:

New photographs, above, have been published of the “Montauk Monster,” which allegedly washed up on a beach in Montauk. These photos are by Christina Pampalone.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Aug 04 2008 - 12:04PM »
Nice tusks on the thing... Not sure about how common wild pigs are in that area, but it's definitely a possibility... Although, I'm not fully convinced Subject B is the same as Subject A...

Does the article say how far apart the pictures were taken? Other than the obvious discoloration between the two, the head is in a different location and the body is twisted around. Of course, this could be the result of the tide, but there's just a bit too much unanswered questions regarding this...

How far from the waterline was it found? What's the size comparison? Why wasn't Animal Control or CDC notified? A rotting corpse on a beach, regardless of the creature/animal is not the safest thing.

Also, looking at these pictures, does anyone else think of Stone Temple Pilot's "Dead and Bloated"?
Loading Signature...

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Aug 04 2008 - 12:34PM »
These pics look more like a rotting animal and less like an unidentified creature.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Aug 04 2008 - 01:16PM »
Well..... I haven't ever seen anything that really looks like it. From these pictures now it doesn't even look the way that I thought it did from the pic yesterday.  Ghost1 if you have seen a hog that looked like this thing then I believe you. It just doesn't remind me of anything. But there's one thing it's not and that's a coon.
~Colleen~

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 05 2008 - 02:23AM »
Nice tusks on the thing... Not sure about how common wild pigs are in that area, but it's definitely a possibility... Although, I'm not fully convinced Subject B is the same as Subject A...

Does the article say how far apart the pictures were taken? Other than the obvious discoloration between the two, the head is in a different location and the body is twisted around. Of course, this could be the result of the tide, but there's just a bit too much unanswered questions regarding this...

How far from the waterline was it found? What's the size comparison? Why wasn't Animal Control or CDC notified? A rotting corpse on a beach, regardless of the creature/animal is not the safest thing.

Also, looking at these pictures, does anyone else think of Stone Temple Pilot's "Dead and Bloated"?

LOL @ "Dead and Bloated"!!

There is obviously a lot of decomp going on in the front of the skull / head area... and the white that you see is SKULL.  From the side views, you can actually see that it's not a beak-like structure... but actually a pointed jawline with missing teeth (you can see the sockets where the teeth SHOULD be), somewhat like a canine / rodent / porcine creature.

Glad someone else brought up the "turtle" theory... since turtles are incorporated into their shell via their spine and ribcages... it just couldn't happen.

Jeff Corwin stated that it's a very rare RACCOON.  However, I have yet to find a raccoon that encompasses the entire body structure of this "monster" - so I can't agree or disagree just yet.

It makes it difficult to estimate ANYTHING, actually, since there is NOTHING that shows relative size in the photographs... you'd think that SOMEONE would have thought of that when taking these pictures.

All we can safely say is that A) It looks mammalian, carnivorous, and MALE. 

Also, if you look closely, you'll see that it actually has slightly webbed toes.
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
« Reply #14 on: Aug 05 2008 - 02:35AM »
Ew! WTF!!   cof
« Last Edit: Aug 05 2008 - 02:41AM by spookypooky »