Author Topic: Railroad ghost children  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Railroad ghost children
« on: Jan 06 2008 - 07:26PM »
The video about this place is posted on this forum.  I found this picture of a little girl at the railroad site in Texas.

Here is the story:

A strange legend surrounds a railroad crossing just south of San Antonio, Texas. The intersection of roadway and railroad track, so the story goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot and will push idled cars across the tracks, even though the path is uphill.

The story may be just the stuff of urban legend, but the accounts were intriguing enough that I wrote an article about the phenomenon, "The Haunted Railroad Crossing." The article included a photograph submitted by Andy and Debi Chesney. Their daughter and some of her friends had recently been to the crossing to test the legend, and she took some photographs. Inexplicably, a strange, transparent figure turned up in one of the photos. "They had no idea that it was in the picture until the next day when I printed out the picture and showed them," said the Chesneys. "It was really freaky. It appears to be a little girl carrying a teddy bear."

Other readers who have viewed the photo think it shows a little girl with a dog sitting at her feet. What do you think?

This is the site I found it on:  http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostphotos/ig/Best-Ghost-Photos/Railroad-Crossing-Ghost.-05O.htm

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
RE: Railroad ghost children
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06 2008 - 07:37PM »
Doesn't this story sound a bit familiar Gina :)   Hummmm, think about it. 

Thanks for sharing though..........It's the thought that counts.

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=240.0
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06 2008 - 07:42PM »
I do remember seeing that video on here, that is what got me interested in this story.  I don't remember seeing the picture before, thought it was an interesting capture.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06 2008 - 07:46PM »
I do remember seeing that video on here, that is what got me interested in this story.  I don't remember seeing the picture before, thought it was an interesting capture.

That's fine, was just giving you a hard time.  We have the video in here but we never had the story B/4.
Thanks for the post  =D>
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07 2008 - 12:40AM »
That is a GREAT photo cho cho cho cho cho cho cho cho cho cho 
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07 2008 - 04:39AM »
Yes I remembered seeing the video that Ghost1 had posted not long ago and the photo was also familiar to me but what a precious story it is. The children so do not want anyone else to get hurt so they hang around instead of moving on just to push others out of harms way. The electo magnetic theory doesn't jive because scientist could prove that easily if that was the case. AND how would that come close to explaining the little hand prints on the cars?? It can't. And since seeing this I have looked and looked for other stories on it and they are all pretty much the same. The astonishing thing is that I have yet to read a story that says that they tested the legend and nothing happened. Not one person has been able to debunk this. I want to see Jason Hawes try and debunk this one....LOL  LOL  I just love this story and wouldn't mind if someone brings it up again and again.

Oh BTW.....To me the photo looks like an older girl standing and at least 2 other smaller children sitting at on either side of her. There could possibly be a dog in the mix also but I don't have any trouble picking out 2 small children sitting and one older girl standing. 
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
Re: Railroad ghost children
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04 2008 - 04:18PM »
Remember this? One of my all time favs
~Colleen~

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05 2008 - 11:56PM »
ME TOO =D>
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13 2008 - 02:57PM »
BUMPING AGAIN FOR OUR NEW MEMBERS
~Colleen~

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13 2008 - 08:42AM »
There are quite a few variations on the "kids killed in a train crash push cars over the tracks" story in the country - the San Antonio one is probably the most famous. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for the kids), it doesn't really hold up to investigations, in that the bus accident on the railroad tracks never actually happened.
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13 2008 - 02:42PM »
Hey Adamseltzer! Welcome to Bachelors-Grove! Good to meet you here.

I think you might be right about that but I haven't really done any in depth research on it or anything. It's a story line that really pulls you into it though.  I just watched a movie on Sci-Fi channel 2 weekends ago about this story. However they did not stick to any story line that I had ever heard before. The actors in the movie pulled it off cause they were good and there was enough of the original legend in the movie to keep it interesting. They didn't go over the deep end with the slasher/obligatory sex scenes so there was actually a story line there but I was left thinking that someone could come along and do away completely with the slasher angle and concentrate soley on the hauntings and make one heck of a great movie. The down side is that I might be the only one that would like it.....LOL

/b]

WELCOME ADAMSELTZER!!!
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13 2008 - 02:51PM »
I just remembered something....! It wasn't on Sci-Fi! It was a movie that I got from Netflix. It's one of the ones that you can even watch online if you have a Netflix membership! It's called "Fingerprints".

Well ....just wanted to clear that up. Didn't mean to lie to you guys....oops.  :V:  che
~Colleen~