Author Topic: The Villisca Axe Murder House  (Read 19364 times)

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
Re: The Villisca Axe Murder House
« Reply #15 on: Sep 14 2008 - 11:48AM »
Great! I'm so glad you want to go!! I checked their calendar. They're totally available during the winter months. But, since there's no heat, I'd rather pass on that. So the first available months that we could book are April and May. A saturday night is probably best.

It's best not to have a group larger than 10 since the house is so small (it really is cramped. You won't believe how cramped until you see it for yourself). Here's how the pricing works: an overnighter is $300 for up to 5 people. Then $60 per person over the 5. So as long as we have at least 5 going, it's only $60 per person. Plus, we could save gas money by carpooling if everyone chips in for gas. I wouldn't mind driving. I can fit 4 comfortably in my Jeep Liberty (unless I borrow my parents' Yukon :Y:). Than we could all go in one vehicle. We could pack a cooler for drinks and such.

And, Rachael, they also have a barn they built on the same property as the house. If anyone gets freaked out, they can always run in there. It has a working bathroom, refrigerator, tv, dvd, vhs, and chairs! It's not haunted. It was built not too long ago by the man who owns and runs it all now. But your mom's is a great option if someone feels they need to run farther away.  :) So thank you for that option!  bo

I'm really serious about this. So if anyone is interested, let me know! I'll start booking!  =D>
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 14 2008 - 06:35PM »
I love the cold but I wouldn't do that to everyone else so if u want we can try for the April booking. How will we do the money? I guess someone would have to put it on a credit card and everyone else would have to send their share to that person. Unless the website has some way of splitting it up and taking individual payments. Just let me know cuz I know we can get 5 ppl and $60 is cheap for an entire night in the house!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Sep 14 2008 - 07:01PM »
It's $100 down with the balance due upon arrival.
If we can get at least 5 people I would be willing to send in the deposit and pick up the $40 difference from someone when we get there.
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #18 on: Sep 14 2008 - 07:28PM »
That sounds like a great time!  I can fit 6 in my car, but don't we all live all over the place? 

I'm on a very weak Wi-Fi signal right now, with my low battery light flashing.................When my Internet is back on, we can talk about details.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Sep 14 2008 - 07:52PM »
 =D>

That's 5!
Sweeeettttttt!

I'm sending happy thoughts to your internet connection sir.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #20 on: Sep 15 2008 - 02:07PM »
Rachael, I appreciate your offer to cover the deposit!! And Ghost1, I appreciate your offer to drive! And for all your efforts, I would gladly buy you both a drink or something!  bo ALRIGHT!! So, we have 5!  =D>

I know everyone lives all over the place. This is too true. Rachael and I are very close to each other. I could pick up Rachael. Colleen, you live light years away. If you either fly or drive, I'd have no problem picking you up from the airport or housing your car in my garage. Ghost1, we'll have to figure you out when we decide who's driving. One thing I'm thinking is we should all meet up at the home of whoever is 'on the way' to Villisca. It'd be easier on the way back just to drop people off and than they can drive home from there. But I don't feel like looking at a map right now.  LOL

Anyway, how soon can everyone go? The Saturday right after Thanksgiving is available if you can all go that early. Colleen, I know you need extra time to arrange time off. If that works for you, and everyone else, I think we should shoot for it. I'm starting to get ants in my pants. LOL

~Marion

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #21 on: Sep 15 2008 - 03:52PM »
Me too Marion!
I saw that the 29th is open.  That's actually my birthday, and my first thought was 'Oh, I'll be in Omaha for Thanksgiving, that won't fly!'
But now that I know that Villisca is only 65 miles from the hometown, that might well work for me, and it sounds like as good a way to spend a birthday as any :)
Anyone else think that might work?

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Sep 15 2008 - 06:56PM »
I believe I can do this! I can't wait! Thanks to everyone who is working on this!
~Colleen~

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #23 on: Sep 15 2008 - 07:34PM »
Keep this in mind guys, the house doesn't have heat. I think they bring in one heater for the downstairs and that's it. So the house will be pretty darn cold. If you're still ok with that, we can try going. If you all think that date will work for sure, let's set it as soon as possible before someone else snags it!
~Marion

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #24 on: Sep 16 2008 - 04:17AM »
Depending on the date, I would love to be able to go, as well...

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens!  =)
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #25 on: Sep 16 2008 - 09:19AM »
Keep this in mind guys, the house doesn't have heat. I think they bring in one heater for the downstairs and that's it. So the house will be pretty darn cold.

This is why there are battery operated hot socks and fleece blankies!

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #26 on: Sep 16 2008 - 04:09PM »
Battery operated fleece blankets?! Qu What will they come up with next? LOL The only problem is, when there is heavy paranormal activity, it tends to drain batteries. When we were there, our camcorder went from 3/4 of the way charged to dead in a split second. Other's battery operated devices also went dead. That's the only thing I'd worry about. But if we wear long johns, hats, gloves, good winter coats, and quality sleeping bags, we should be fine. I'm making it sound bad, aren't I? emb We can handle it. And if we get cold, there's always the barn. It's heated.  :Y:
~Marion

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: Sep 16 2008 - 05:56PM »
I love cold weather. I can hang if you guys can.  :^:
~Colleen~

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #28 on: Sep 16 2008 - 05:58PM »
Seriously, Colleen! che If we bundle up well enough, we should be fine! :Y: You're a trooper!
~Marion

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #29 on: Sep 16 2008 - 07:25PM »
lol, I'm sorry Marion.  As far as I know, there are no such things as battery operated fleece blankets (there darn well should be though!).

Just... battery hot socks.  And also, just plain fleece blankets.   :Y:

So... for the 29th of November, we have myself, Marion (+ husband, yes?) and Colleen IN.

Ghost1, MM... yay or nay?  Anyone else? As long as we have at least 5 then we should book this badboy before someone else does.