Author Topic: I just don't buy it!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline rdarwish

• Mere Mortal
I just don't buy it!
« on: Aug 08 2008 - 01:34AM »
Hi everyone, I found this site through Wikipedia.

I really like the tone of the site, but I just haven't seen anything on this site that makes me believe any of these pictures are truly capturing any paranormal activity. I agree with:

"Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist."

But I also think:
Just because you want something to be true, it doesn't make it true.

I have poured through the site, looking at dozens of pictures that all seem to be of nothing. I don't buy orbs at all. In my experience, there are too many ways to explain them away to use them as evidence of ghosts or spirits.

The only one I haven't quite figured out is the woman on the tombstone. I am undecided on that one for the moment.

The one that's supposedly to be of a kid looking at the demon head in the well? When I looked at the blown-up version, and it looks suspiciously like one of the ghosts in "The Frighteners".

Do you ever look up at the clouds and think they look like different things? Do you see a dog where someone else sees a sailboat?

You know the picture that looks like both a vase and two people kissing at the same time? There is NOTHING there, it is not a photo or drawing of a vase, it is just a black shape on a white background. Our brains cause/help us to make meaning or find patterns where there may not be. (There is a term for this, but I cannot for the life of me remember it).

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want this stuff to be true, but I am not willing to fool myself into seeing something that just isn't there. The fact that no one actually sees anything while they are there, to me, only adds to my suspicions of the validity of the images. You could take pictures all day of just the world around you and then go back and look for stuff that *might* be something, in a haunted place or not.

I have been to BG many times and have never felt, seen or heard anything that I felt was unexplainable. I keep going back in the hopes of seeing ANYTHING, but it just hasn't happened.

Also, none of the images correlate with any of the legends. I have read "Haunted Chicago" and other similar books where the author gives a great deal of detail about the different stories, but no one seems to see stuff that goes along with them. The drawing of the guy? What's the big deal? Someone drew a picture and stuck it on a can!

And for the scary weirdo living in the woods, I live by a forest preserve and there have been many times that I have either seen a person or evidence of a person living there.

Please don't take this as an angry rant or something. I am not here just to cause problems. I honestly want to see evidence of this type of stuff, but just don't see it here. Please do not flame me, I am not here for trouble. I am willing to listen or look at anything with an open mind, so don't think I am dismissing the whole topic of haunted/supernatural stuff going on in the world.

If this sounds mean, I did not mean it to. I am willing to listen to any arguments to prove me wrong. In fact, I invite them as I hope that you can show me why I am wrong :*:.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: I just don't buy it!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08 2008 - 08:50AM »
For the most part I don't believe in Orb's at all either, If you did look around you'll see there are very few pictures like that.  When a new member posts there Orb pictures, I will look at them and tell them what I think.....however I've never seen a Orb that I believe to be supernatural.  We have lost some new members because of that too, they post a Orb picture and we will tell them nicely that pretty much 99% of Orbs are environmental Orb's.   Then I'll post this link so they can learn more:  http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?topic=144.0

Also the picture of the boy (Seth) with the face looking out of the well, is a fake.  I made it myself as a Birthday present for Seth. If you read the whole post it says it's fake too, it was made as a joke.

I don't mind your opinions at all, that is why I created this forum.  For discussing anything of the paranormal nature, or for that fact.....anything at all.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25 2008 - 03:59PM »
This one is kind of odd, joins the site does a little rant..then doesn't come back?   eno

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25 2008 - 04:47PM »
This one is kind of odd, joins the site does a little rant..then doesn't come back?   eno

Oh Well Spirit Chaser I guess they just needed to rant about something to just anyone....LOL
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25 2008 - 05:50PM »
Oh Well Spirit Chaser I guess they just needed to rant about something to just anyone....LOL
You're such the devils advocate Colleen LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31 2008 - 04:31PM »
The blue light at BGC is very prominent there.  It has been seen and even photographed during the day.  I have it captured on one of my photos posted on here.
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31 2008 - 05:55PM »
The "Bluelight Orb" has been captured somewere by The GhostHunter's Team. I don't remember were it was but I remember them getting it on camera before. And they have witnessed it on more than one case. I believe there is something to this "Bluelight Orb". Very much so. And I would absolutely love to see the ones at the BGC. I'll bet they are magnificent! I know that you had a photo of one Maggpie and didn't Ghost1 also capture one?
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13 2008 - 02:55PM »
I don't know Tommyboy. It would only be pure speculation from anyone who doesn't have and kind of insite into the other side of the veil. And even psychics don't have all of the answers. What do you think it/they is/are.??
~Colleen~

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13 2008 - 03:13PM »
When I was in high school the story was that the disappearing house was shrouded in a blue light, had blue light coming out the windows, or had a blue porch light.  I wonder if the two are connected?

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Sep 23 2008 - 10:34AM »
Let's plan another trip to investigate.  I'll be going there on 10/17/08.  About an hour before sunset.  Email me if you guys want to go together.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Sep 23 2008 - 02:00PM »
I'm unable to go that day. But thanks!
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #11 on: Oct 11 2008 - 10:57PM »
Orbs are orbs whether they be environmental or due to other factors.\

Have you ever had an expierience where you get goosebumps, the hair on the back of your neck stands up, a cold breeze swarms toward you and you start snapping away with your camera? Could all those factors make me want to believe those arent just orbs? Of course it could. Could it all be a coincidence? Oh yeah it could but I want to believe
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com