Author Topic: Black Shadows  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Black Shadows
« on: Aug 09 2008 - 03:01PM »
I've had a odd thing happening the last few days, as some of you might know I build and install DVR surveillance systems.  Just like the ones you see on Paranormal State.  I have 16 cameras on and around my home, even some in the woods............I use this as a demo setup to show customers.

Now for the last few days I keep seeing black shadows moving very fast in front of cameras.  Now it's not the same camera each time either.  I've had this camera setup for over 5 years, and I'm quite used to the things you'll see....So the first few times I wrote it off as a bird flying right in front of the camera?  Now the odd part is, when I do camera playback, there's nothing there at all.  Now if it was a bird or anything like that my cameras would have recorded the motion, they will even record the motion of shadows from clouds and planes.  It just happened again just now, and again i went through playback and there isn't a thing??

Any ideas on what the hecks going on here people, this is about the 20th time I've seen this...It's starting to freak me out a bit.
  kn
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Black Shadows
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09 2008 - 03:52PM »
Hrmm.... Post the vids!!!

Other than the obvious bug/wildlife/paranoia, I can't suggest too much without seeing the vids...

Do the shadows have a shape? Are they fast or slow? How "black" are they, like solid mass or semi-transparent?
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09 2008 - 03:58PM »
Hrmm.... Post the vids!!!

Other than the obvious bug/wildlife/paranoia, I can't suggest too much without seeing the vids...

Do the shadows have a shape? Are they fast or slow? How "black" are they, like solid mass or semi-transparent?

The problem is the surveillance system doesn't see them as motion...so it doesn't record.  I might change the setting to 24/7, so it just records non-stop.

There doesn't seem to be to much shape to them.  The best way to describe them is a black cloud that fills the screen and moves quite fast??  Like I said I'm in the surveillance business, and I have never seen this before
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10 2008 - 05:37PM »
Well I hope you know that I would never want to scare you on purpose but at the same time...... well ...you know what black shadows can mean so just be careful. If it's the cameras in the woods then even if it's a spirit then maybe it's just curious. Or maybe it will stay out in the woods. But you know it couldn't hurt to bury some blessed St. Michael's medals on the four corners of your property. That's what they always do on Paranormal State.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10 2008 - 06:14PM »
Ghost1-You are perceptive enough to know what it is that you saw! If I were you I would rely on my instinct and evidence which presents itself to figure out what it is. It might just be the ghostface murder victim passing through. However, I hope he hasn't attached himself to you or your property since you are in tune with the supernatural and may be a beacon for spirits.... Just be aware and cautious and let us know if you need any ghostbusters!!!!

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14 2008 - 01:03AM »
The only issue I can find is the fact that, obviously, for some reason the figures/shadows aren't registering with the camera(s), but they are appearing without recorded acknowledgment.

From what I have experienced (and I know, a lot of others here, too), spirits and the sort *can* mess with a camera's capabilties.  However, what stumps me a bit is the fact that when played back, the recording is untouched, besides the fact that the shapes aren't captured.

How are you seeing the shapes?  Is it across the viewfinder, an attached digiscreen, etc.?

What may be occurring is the spirit is not passing across the actual view of the lense... but through the medium itself.  Due to its high energy field, it is makng an imprint, if you will, in the immediate field of vision, therefore distorting what you see on camera, without actually "being on camera."

Does this make sense?

So in this case, I wouldn't necessarily alarm yourself to the "black shadow" connotations... it could simply (if you CAN view this simply!) be the energy distortion you are seeing.

EX:  Think of it as a magnet... and what happens when brought too close to a television, etc... what you are seeing is a manipulation of the otherwise *perfectly* broadcast image.
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14 2008 - 01:14AM »
At my desk that I work at all day are two monitors one on top of the other.  When I see them it is live on the camera system as it happens,  I catch it with my peripheral vision...then look up and see it fly off the screen?

But like i said before too, I'll see thing that way now and then anyway.  Then I just hit the playback to see what it was............And these aren't there at all.  But what you said MM makes sense.

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14 2008 - 06:02AM »
I'm glad I was able to make *some* sense of it... whether this is the case or not is hard to tell without me actually *being* there...

But at least you got what I was saying!   :)
Making the world a crazier place since 1981