Author Topic: Our 1st Weird Chicago Tour  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Our 1st Weird Chicago Tour
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26 2008 - 01:09PM »
Ken (my partner) and I did an analysis of the "shadow" picture, based on around the "second shooter" theory - and, unless a picture taken at the same second shows up to show us something we hadn't thought of, we're stumped on this one. The shadow isn't showing up where it ought to be if it's just me or someone standing off to the side. In particular, there doesn't seem to be a shadow on the tables or on the partition in front of the doors. This one's still a mystery!

=D>  That's Cool, It looking better and better for this picture....maybe we just might have caught something!  We will have to plan another trip around January or February and go there again.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #46 on: Nov 30 2008 - 12:51PM »
STILL researching the silhouette shot. If anyone else has some pics from the Florentine that night, could you please send them along to chicagoghostsATgmailDOTcom ? I'm trying to plot out what the lay of the land was that night (it changes constantly). The dim light along the back wall MAY actually be coming from one of the exit signs, but I'm not sure. In any case, no "normal" explanation for the shot is holding up. Most theories have revolved around the shadow being ME, but the way I'm lit in the picture wouldn't cast a shadow in that direction. There's also the idea that it's John, but the shadow isn't holding a camera up, and he isn't casting a shadow on the table right in front of him.

One interesting thing is the angle of the shadow above the light fixture, which seems to be lit from below in both the shadow shot and the "before" shot. It's quite possible, even likely, that the light illuminating the back wall and the one that's causing the glare on the chairs could be two separate sources.
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #47 on: Nov 30 2008 - 09:08PM »
Adam, are you getting a headache over this one yet?!?  Hehe.  I have photos from the ballroom, but none of them have anything even CLOSE to what John got.  Actually, I don't even think I have a shot of that specific area at ALL.  Hmm...  I'll have to run through them all AGAIN and let ya know.  :)
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #48 on: Dec 01 2008 - 09:51AM »
Aw, heck - I'm just about done investigating now. The best theory (and this is supported, or at least suggested, by the exif data on the photo) that the flash went off, but at very low strength. The shadows way the light hit the wal and the angle of the shadows from the light match up to the light/shadows from the shot where the flash DID go off correctly, and the shadows also pretty well indicate that the light on the back wall was coming from the camera. It's not my shadow - I'm lit from entirely the wrong angle. And it's not John's shadow - there's no shadow of him on the table.

All the analysis is now up at The Weird Chicago Blog . I have no "real" explanation for the shot - congratulations, John!
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #49 on: Dec 05 2008 - 04:05AM »
 Thanks Adam !!!! Great analysis.  Ghost again I have to say....great picture. 

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #50 on: Dec 07 2008 - 12:18AM »
This one is for Adam....I remember you mentioning fairies.  Well I think I see one in this picture.
Tee hee hee LOL LOL  Always got to be the smart arse of the group don't ya LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08 2008 - 11:23PM »
Tee hee hee LOL LOL  Always got to be the smart arse of the group don't ya LOL

Who me......  wh

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #52 on: May 29 2009 - 07:11PM »
BUMP.... BUMP.  Bumped up for new membrer to see.

Here is a great one from the Weird Chicago tour we had, I caught a amazing Shadow person.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #53 on: May 29 2009 - 11:47PM »

Hi Ghost1,
If there is a picture, I do not know where to find it?
Thanks,
ix
DARMAR

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #54 on: May 29 2009 - 11:55PM »

Hi Ghost1,
If there is a picture, I do not know where to find it?
Thanks,
ix

It's the fourth response in this post.....this is a 4 page post.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #55 on: Jun 30 2009 - 01:29PM »
I'm really glad that you bumped this Ghost. It's even more amazing to me this time around. And to me the pictures of the energy bursts is very close to be just as amazing as the shadow person pic.  As I looked at those bursts of energy today I noticed some amazing things. First of all .... 2 of the energy bursts are connected to the bar across the top of the chairs and they both appear to be hands pulling the chairs out to sit in them. And second.... one of those that I speak of looks so much like a hand grasping the back of the chair and wrapping it's fingers around the bar to pull the chair out that it practically cannot be denied.  I love these pictures and this thread!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com