Author Topic: Our 1st Weird Chicago Tour  (Read 9609 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Our 1st Weird Chicago Tour
« on: Nov 13 2008 - 10:03AM »
I hope everyone had a great time last night, and got lot's of cool pictures.  ;)
Even though cameras seemed to be acting up last night, both of mine where not working at all at times.

I have a few pictures that are kind of odd and I'm not 100% sure what caused it?

* The scroll bar to move the pictures left & right is on the very bottom of the post .

This first picture is just of the Congress Hotel Ballroom, I didn't see anything paranormal in it (yet) but I just think it's a good picture.

Now this one has me a bit puzzled, it has what looks to be like long  motion blur, but yet the foreground is fine with no blur at all?  Also there is some very, very odd things in this picture too....I have them in the closeup below.  Now, I have no idea at all at what the heck caused this?   cho

Now this is some odd Double Exposure of some sort, however I never heard of a digital camera doing that before.

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Fiestyredd9

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Our 1st Weird Chicago Tour
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13 2008 - 11:38AM »
That place was awesome. And what great pics you got there. I haven't gone through mine yet. Too tired LOL

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13 2008 - 11:46AM »
That double exposure picture sure is strange!

Here's a couple of pictures of who you should look for in orbs in the basement of Odin's....  :^:

Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Fiestyredd9

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13 2008 - 11:55AM »
OMG I soo remember when you showed me those pics after taking them Now that i see him.

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13 2008 - 12:31PM »
Those Congress photos are *really* odd!  I know that my camera was acting up almost the entire time we were there - especially back by the curtain!

I haven't had the chance to look through mine yet - but now I'm even more excited to!
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13 2008 - 01:26PM »
Here is another one I've been looking at for a while,  I lightened a black picture up, and adjusted the contrast and there now is a all black figure behind Adam by the door.  I've been trying to figure out if it's a member or not, however no matter what I do to the picture to enhance it the figure stays 100% dark.  Also a picture taken 1 second later facing the other direction have most of are group in it.  This was the last picture I took as we where living the room.....and again my flash malfunctioned.  Kind of odd though, when I pull the Exif data off the picture it says the flash went off?

Notice that Adams face and hands are quite noticeable, one of the enhancements I used brings out flesh tones.

Here is the original picture 1st, then the enhanced one and then a picture i had taken a minute before that has no shadow in it.

Copyright © 2007, Bachelor's Grove Paranormal Forums 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13 2008 - 01:59PM »
That's a neat one!

My best guess (going for the scientific stuff) is that there may have been someone still standing behind the curtain at the back of the room - there's space between that big thing and a door, and the lighting on the wall suggests that a flash MAY have gone off. Did your camera have a flash on it?

Barring that, it looks like the opening of Alfred Hitchcock Presents!
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:04PM »
If I can backtrack a little, if someone behind the smaller area HAD taken the shot, it does seem like the shadow ought to be MUCH bigger, since it would have been at very close range.

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:07PM »
That's a neat one!

My best guess (going for the scientific stuff) is that there may have been someone still standing behind the curtain at the back of the room - there's space between that big thing and a door, and the lighting on the wall suggests that a flash MAY have gone off. Did your camera have a flash on it?

Barring that, it looks like the opening of Alfred Hitchrooster Presents!

My flash malfunctioned again on this picture, otherwise you would have been fully lit, however I think it might be light from another members flash that was aimed in another direction.  Because there are small reflections on some of the chairs and frame of the door from a dim light.

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:09PM »
That is a rather odd shaped "shadow" - if that's what it actually is.  I honestly can't figure out how you would have even gotten a shadow that large without having someone actually in the shot to cast it.  Hmm...

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:15PM »
Here's one that is baffling me.  It's DEFINITELY a reflection of a person, though I'm trying to identify WHO it is, is ANYONE, from our group.  The angles and how close the person seems to be standing to the mirror is what gets me... there's no one close enough to it for such a reflection, in my opinion...

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:20PM »
I can't figure that out either.  Also, while I know the light on the wall may have come from another flash, I think it's pretty interesting that the only area that is lit by it encircles the.....guy...shadow... I don't know what.  On the upside, if it WAS a flash, then ownder of said flash should have a photo of that exact spot, taken at the same time John took this.  Make with the time John, then we can see if there's a match!  Whether it's a persons shadow, or a person of shadow, it's the most densely black shadow I've ever seen.

And it does look just like the beginning of Hitch(ahem) Presents!

Many thanks to John and Adam for doing this for us!   bo  It was good to meet all you guys too!  :Y:
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:28PM »
Here's one that is baffling me.  It's DEFINITELY a reflection of a person, though I'm trying to identify WHO it is, is ANYONE, from our group.  The angles and how close the person seems to be standing to the mirror is what gets me... there's no one close enough to it for such a reflection, in my opinion...

I adjusted your picture a bit to bring out the color more, but I really can't tell.  This is the first time I've ever been there and I don't know the lay out....So I can't really tell where this person would have been standing..Now I know if it was a Bachelor's Grove picture I would have printed the picture and went back to find the angle and recreate it.

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13 2008 - 02:31PM »
When I was looking at it, and did a zoom-in, it's VERY clearly the reflection of a guy... who, though, is BEYOND me.   Qu

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13 2008 - 04:44PM »
The reflection appears to be of the person in the left hand frame - it's blurry, the hair and jacket just about line up.