Author Topic: Anyone been to Graue Mill Cemetary?  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
Anyone been to Graue Mill Cemetary?
« on: Dec 05 2007 - 11:21PM »
Gina and I went there on our way home from Bachelors Grove and got really kinda freaked out by a shadow :V:  Here is one picture, let me know what you guys think about it.  I swear the ghosts must be attracted to me or something because I caught alot of weird things that day and night we went out (for the first time ghost hunting mind you too LOL )
Look to the left corner while looking at your computer screen.  It is an outline and there are no bushes there and just a white stone little building further to the left.  This is the spot we saw the shadow.

Heather & Maggie

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Anyone been to Graue Mill Cemetary?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05 2007 - 11:44PM »
No, haven't been there, but it looks cool.  I enhanced your picture for you, didn't come out much better though.
However  you can see that shadow very good now.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05 2007 - 11:52PM »
Here is another one that Heather took.  I think it may be at Graue Mill but it may be at the Algonquin Cemetery.  She will have to let us know for sure.  But do you see the mist?

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:00AM »
Gina - that mist was at Algonquin right by that murderer's grave cho cho cho

Ghost1 - isn't that outline weird?  What the heck is it? cho  We watched blue lights near to the ground get real bright and then fade away for about 5minutes there too. cho
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:12AM »
Good job cleaning that one up Ghost1.  Gina and Maggie that shadow is a shadow person.  We have 2 different posts here talking about shadow ppl.  This one fits the discription to the T! So much so that Ghost1 new that i would want to see this capture right away.  I have had to deal with shadow ppl for most of my life and this guy is a shadow person for sure. 

See the other posts and you will see what i mean!

~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:17AM »
Here is your weird mist one enhanced, very eerie looking.

And sorry my enhancing software is a demo so it writes demo all over the picture...........but you can still see it clear. 
I guess i should buy the software now.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:27AM »
That's how my enhance photo software looked too when I did it!  Isn't that just plain weird!  Seriously both Gina and I were staying a little behind the other two people who were walking towards this man's grave (he killed four children) and we both felt as if someone blew on the back of our necks cho

This picture was taken when we were walking toards the grave of the man that killed the children.
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06 2007 - 01:12AM »
How could anyone kill children?! Of course i know that they do but it is a shock to my system to think about it!   

What is the story?

Great picture also!! I wouldn't mind visiting there too.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06 2007 - 01:24AM »
The way we found all these places was by going to shadowlands http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/illinois.htm Here is the story about Algonquin cemetary: "on Rt.31 And Cary / Algonquin Rd there are two sides. The side that touches 31 is more of a good side in terms of the way the spirits are. The other side has a rapist that has been bound to his grave spot by a high priestess. Do not enter this circle or you will be at the mercy of his anger. A little bit further down the cemetery is a murderers spirit he has also been bound to his grave. When you find the rapist grave towards the back of the cemetery if you stand in one spot you will fell his bad energy and you will hear him running back and forth through the woods. A little boy has also been seen by this area watching the rapist and watching you trying to protect you from harm. The only way to be safe is to stay on the trail until you know where they are. "

Here is Graue Mill
"Evangelical Church Cemetery - In a small town called Oakbrook behind the old Graue Mill underground railroad station there lies a church. Behind this church lies the most haunted cemetery in the entire world. It has been rumored that the church has been around since the early settlement of the Chicago area. The church was certainly around during the time of the fugitive salves and was the church of the mill owners and the mill's surrounding inhabitants. Buried in the cemeteries grounds are the bodies of the slaves which never achieved true freedom and died on their trek to Canada. On some late summer nights it’s been said that one can see the slaves not at rest, but stirring about in the cemetery and the church. The cemetery is most defiantly haunted by these restless souls as well as many other ghouls and probably monsters. Just joking about the monsters but for real the place is haunted and is defiantly worth a trip out to see. "
Heather & Maggie

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07 2007 - 06:27PM »
Ok I ran my original picture of the shadow through my adobe software and just hit enhance and this is what showed up.  You can really really see the shadow in this Qu Qu Qu

Heather & Maggie

Offline Rivers

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09 2007 - 07:52PM »
I think maybe I will have to go and try this place on for size...anyone wanting to go let me and rbug or ghost know and we will try to schedule
Micheal Rivers: Author of Voyage of The Black Witch. Coming soon!! Ghosts of the Coastal plains.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11 2007 - 12:06PM »
Ok, here are 2 more pictures from the same night.  Different angles but you can see there is nothing what so ever near that corner of the building (such as a bush, dead tree, monument etc.)

Heather & Maggie

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #12 on: May 14 2008 - 11:47PM »
Bump.... bump Bob LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #13 on: May 14 2008 - 11:54PM »
Bump.... bump Bob LOL

Carefull there, bumping without a permit.........Might have to write you up.  wh

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #14 on: May 14 2008 - 11:58PM »
Carefull there, bumping without a permit.........Might have to write you up.  wh
BUMP...........BUMP...........BUMP............BUMP LOL LOL emb      
Heather & Maggie