Author Topic: The Tinley Park Lights  (Read 2125 times)

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
The Tinley Park Lights
« on: Jun 18 2009 - 12:29AM »
Remember those reports back about 4-5 years ago? Any witnesses on here? I never saw them but I remember them being big news. Basically they were these 3 red lights in the sky that formed a shifting triangle pattern. You can find videos on youtube and stuff if you're interested. There was also a History Channel special on about them back last fall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinley_Park_Lights
« Last Edit: Jun 18 2009 - 12:39AM by MarkMc1990 »
-Mark

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: The Tinley Park Lights
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18 2009 - 02:05AM »
I was there... I saw them with my own eyes, and I firmly believe, and will willingly put money on this belief, that they were a hoax.

Flares? No.
Candles on weather balloons? No.

I think they were created through a laser pointer rig. Considering that many areas have laser lights to warn pilots of entering "no fly zones" or warning areas. Here's a quick video from LiveLeak showing someone doing the same thing to an aircraft near Seattle.

http://www.geocities.com/exzyle2k/index.htm (sorry... linking wouldn't work, so I stuck it on my geocities so I could link it)

I saw this on Halloween night. I was visiting a friend of my brother who runs a haunted house right next to the St Julie's Parish, the church across the street from Home Depot at 159th & Harlem. Someone pointed it out, and it was three lights. It was a low overcast night, and if I'm not mistaking it rained later that night.

So that's my thoughts on it... You've got a first-hand witness account. Until someone tries to bust that theory, I'm sticking to my belief.

« Last Edit: Jun 18 2009 - 02:12AM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: May 25 2010 - 02:50PM »
Well, speaking as a investigator from MUFON,  I can tell you the Tinley Lights where in fact quit real.  So much info has been generated by this case that it's still a open case to this day.  There is more info then the public knows yet, and again this is a real one.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25 2010 - 10:34PM »
Ghost, I would very much like to see some of the info that the public doesn't know, simply because I still think it was an organized hoax and people are still laughing about it.
Loading Signature...

Offline DoNotBeAfraid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: May 25 2010 - 10:46PM »
i was just searching this up and couldnt find an answer... did anyone from the commercial plane that flew right by the triangle say they saw something?
white sox, bears, bulls, and blackhawks.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: May 25 2010 - 10:53PM »
It was filmed from numerous angels, plus the lights are just one part of the case.....Much more happened later.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline DoNotBeAfraid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: May 25 2010 - 10:59PM »
doesnt the fact that it was filmed and photographed from numerous angles rule out the idea or it being laser pointers? from the different pictures and videos i saw, the triangle looks different as though it were solid... the shape laser pointers would make would look the same at every angle.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: May 25 2010 - 11:04PM »
doesnt the fact that it was filmed and photographed from numerous angles rule out the idea or it being laser pointers? from the different pictures and videos i saw, the triangle looks different as though it were solid... the shape laser pointers would make would look the same at every angle.

It wasn't laser pointers, that is one of the crazy ideas the debunkers came up with.....and your quite right with the different angels proves this fact.  I'll post some more info on this next week, with  more of what happened.  Like I said this is a open ongoing case.

Offline DoNotBeAfraid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Jun 01 2010 - 09:32PM »
hey ghost, im still waiting for that extra info. im curious to know what it is.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Jun 01 2010 - 09:39PM »
hey ghost, im still waiting for that extra info. im curious to know what it is.

Actually I have all kinds of additional info, including all the locations it was seen in and what it's not.  I was working on that case most of the day Saturday.

I don't have time now I'll try in a day or so to write something up.

Look at this short video, or search for the whole episode.  It is UFO hunters with Sam Maranto who is the state director of MUFON.  Sam is my friend and I'm working with him on this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvru1lm0AYk
« Last Edit: Jun 01 2010 - 09:47PM by Ghost1 »

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08 2010 - 06:03PM »
Another little be of info that wasn't said yet.  There where smaller ships caught on film exiting the large craft and flying around........ ??

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20 2010 - 03:22PM »
A UFO was sighted in Tinley Park last night again...... Keep your eyes open people.    9/19/10

Offline wetnyld

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31 2010 - 06:47PM »
As was mentioned above, the idea of laser pointers was misdirection. First, lets figure what a laser pointer is. When its used in a classroom setting, it places a point of light on the surface of whatever its pointed at. But if its used in a smoky room it would show as a LINE from the source to the point on the wall. Next time you are at a bar with a light show, watch the lines.
So we now know that a laser is like a flashlight that points to things and illuminates what it hits.  If it points at a cloud, you will see the target, but a cloud doesn't have a defined surface, so you will see the line from the edge of the cloud, entering and finally disappearing.  The only way you would see a DOT only from a laser is if it was an absolutely clear sky, no dust, fog, haze, moisture, clouds, and it hit a SOLID object.
Now that you know this, you will not fall for the story of a a laser pointer.

There were no clouds reported, so what could have the alleged laser been hitting?